Thread: First ever game advice

England

First ever game advice

Hi guys

Got tickets for the Juventus game a pretty excited to be fair. After bit of advice on following:

Travelling to and from San Siro is metro best?
    Looking for a bar closer to the stadium to watch the English game kicking off on the Sunday afternoon and recommend?
    Whatís the atmosphere like pre game between to sets of fans? Do they like a beer? Or is it generally friendly?
    Do home fans congregate in any particular place?
    Any donít doís?

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ru55day View Post
    Hi guys

Got tickets for the Juventus game a pretty excited to be fair. After bit of advice on following:

Depends where you'll live, but there is public transportation available and it is probably the best way out. As for a way in, it depends on the time of your arrival.

Looking for a bar closer to the stadium to watch the English game kicking off on the Sunday afternoon and recommend?
    Not familiar with places that will show games that day because it's Serie A weekend. There are some English and Irish pubs in the city so if you can spot one close to a convenient metro stop you could manage to catch a game you like.

What’s the atmosphere like pre game between to sets of fans? Do they like a beer? Or is it generally friendly?
    Depends on how early you go, but in the derby it can get exciting even 2-3 hours before kick off, depending on the mood. The mood is typically related to team's standings and form.

It is never friendly. It's the most heated game of the season for Inter. You can spot Gobbi wandering around and sitting at normal seats and no one will bother them, but their ultras are going to get a beating if they allow themselves to get into such a position.
    Lots of police will be present around the stadium, especially guarding the Juventus fans and team bus.

Casual fans outside the stadium. Hardcore CN fans, depends.

Any don’t do’s?
    Don't assume that it's "just another football game". It's not. And don't assume there's going to be friendly atmosphere. It's going to be loud and hostile.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

3. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I was at Inter - Barca last season, and it wasn't really the loudest stadium I was ever at (Marakana /Serbia - Slovenia game was louder for sure)

so don't worry, you don't need headphones for the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Netherlands

If you're staying within the city I would highly recommend taking the metro to the game.

6. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Take the metro to the stadium! I recommend to go 2/3 hours before kick-off to the stadium. Just walk around, feel and experience the atmosphere. Watch the fans, take a beer, take another. Allow yourself to really feel the atmosphere. The tension and hunger to the game is SENSIble, and there is no better feeling then walking from the metro station to the stadium with an evening game. But most of all: Enjoy!

I will visit the game as well, so if you wanna grab a beer before the match just let me know.

8. Thanks (1): firmino

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

also go eat a hot dog or something, because otherwise you'll be hungry for the next 4 hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

10. Thanks (1): Materazzi_23

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    also go eat a hot dog or something, because otherwise you'll be hungry for the next 4 hours
    The less you eat the drunker you get so I wouldn't recommend this.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Poland

As a person living in Milan: Yes, metro might be the way to go, definietely out (don't be discouraged by the amount of people going in, it's moving quite fast). But when it comes to watching english games before... There are three places I have in mind: One is in Navigli called Rookies and as far as they know they play some PL, although I've only been there for the CL. Next to it, although not exactly in Navigli, is Henry's but here I'm not sure whether they play the Premier League and honestly I don't like the place much but could be an alternative. If you're going there, take metro M2 from Porta Genova, change at Garibaldi to go to San Siro. There is also an English Pub that plays PL for sure: The English Football Pub. From there, as it is in the very City Centre, you might also considering getting the tram 16 that goes to San Siro. Might be a bit more comfortable and would be my prefered route.

If you have any questions, let me know! I'm going as well.

13. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Hi guys

Whatís the atmosphere like pre game between to sets of fans? Do they like a beer? Or is it generally friendly?
    Any donít doís?
    Yes.
    There is nothing near the stadium.
    Pretty nice around the stadium.
    No.
    Not that I'm aware.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

Take it slow. Use plenty of lube - don't bust too soon.

You got this champ!

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    If you're planning to hang around the city after the match, make sure you wear a butt plug to protect yourself. I'm not even joking.