Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1926272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Inter - Slavia Prague (17 Sep 19)

Fav. Player
    Plusvalenza+

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It's ridiculous how their goal was kept onside

Epic Handanovic save by the way that will go unnoticed.

Just looked at the replay, the Slavia player was jumping over Brozo, he's not going around. It's a valid goal.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    It is. It's what makes this even more ridiculous

Btw, just hit me.

5 games winless streak in Europe. Possibly our record for worst streak in history. Odds say that we will break the record if we haven't already.

edit: Correction, it's actually 3 games since we had that Rapid Wien games that were erased from memory But we're still on course to beating whatever negative record there is. Barcelona away, then two Dortmund games...
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Lebanon

round of applause for our opponents today played very bravely

5. Thanks (1): Rain

Old name
    the dude

Sweden

And they said the pazza period is over... Lol
    Guacamole

7. Thanks (3): n4l, Pajo, Wobblz

Greece

It's criminal that Godin and Sanchez did not see a minute.
    That Lukaku and Gagliardini played the entire game.
    And that Barella did not start.

Even Mancini with this roster would have put Politano and Sanchez on and hope for the best. Instead we kept going with the same failed recipe over and over and it took almost 10 minutes after the conceded goal (and a couple of other chances for a 2nd) to make the subs.

Conte uomo di merda

9. Thanks (1): Pajo

Old name
    raiden

Aaland

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It is. It's what makes this even more ridiculous

Btw, just hit me.

5 games winless streak in Europe. Possibly our record for worst streak in history. Odds say that we will break the record if we haven't already.

edit: Correction, it's actually 3 games since we had that Rapid Wien games that were erased from memory But we're still on course to beating whatever negative record there is. Barcelona away, then two Dortmund games...
    You know and this is funny but under The Special One we went 3 group stage games and 2 knockout games without a win in his 1st season.Then next season we carried it forward with 3 straight draws before winning with that late goal in Kyiv.8 games without a UCL win .And we won the Big Ears at that time too.God i love this club.There is always hope and we are so so crazy!

Drew against mighty Anorthosis.Lost at home to mighty Panathinaikos.Lost to Werder away.Put in that horrible half with Rivas at the back against United.Got deservedly beat away at Old Trafford.

You mentioned you've never seen us this bad in Europe but for me i've seen plenty of shitters in my time by us in the UCL.That home defeat to Lyon under Cuper or the thorough destruction away at Camp Nou in the 3-0 hammering.We had no midfield or defense for 45 mins away at the Mestalla in the q/f.There was the monstrosity away to Lokomotiv [3-0] or at home.The wallopping by ArseLOL at home.The horrible away game at Fenerwhen Mancio couldnt put in a proper 11 due to injuries and suspensions.That horrid game away to Porto.Hell we've struggled a lot in Europe.Been very inconsistent.Even with Mourinho man we were a horror show till that away performance at Stamford Bridge

Greece

Ah yes, that Mourinho run is probably our worst. 8 games winless.

We are sitting now on 3. Could equalize it if we fail to win a single game. We have hard games and only Slavia away seems easy but we just cannot be saying that

Not getting the results in Europe has been a thing sure, but playing this bad is not really common. This was disastrously bad. We usually had too many injuries and/or suspensions when we failed to secure a result or just didn't show up.

Conte uomo di merda

12. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

Horrific performance in what was supposed to be the easiest (or should I say less difficult?) game of the group. Our players looked like they didn't know what they were doing and were constantly outplayed by their opponents. What's even more worrying, though, is the fact that we didn't show any kind of reaction until the Czechs decided to sit down and defend the result.

While it's undeniable the players sucked, the draw is still mostly on Conte. He spent yesterday's presser arguing with some journalist over the importance of intensity in modern football and then the team put up such a flaccid display. Simply inexcusable. Barella showed more grit in the 20 minutes he played than all his teammates combined. We didn't play any better, mind you, but at least we showed some urgency. In hindsight, playing Gagliardini and Brozovic was a mistake. I realise that the former was rewarded with a starting spot for his good second half against Udinese (which is one of the few excuses I give to Conte, as it sends the message that there's no immutable hierarchy and that the performances you give actually matter, unlike last year) and that the latter is the brains of the team, but they were both useless today. The Croat should be rested from time to time, he can't keep playing 90 for Inter and his NT every three days. Sensi almost managed to score again and was generally better than his two colleagues, but there's so much you can do when everybody around you sucks. Both Candreva and Asamoah were mediocre at best. They didn't make any particular mistakes, but the highlight of their games were the injury for the former and the VAR review over a possible red card for the latter. Too little. Lazaro made his debut today. He started off the right foot with a nice dribbling+cross, but then faded away shortly afterwards. The fact that his teammates ignored him even when he was open didn't help him.

The defence wasn't at its best either, conceding a couple of chances to Slavia due to misunderstandings/individual mistakes. However, it's not easy defending when your midfield doesn't provide any cover. Skriniar and D'Ambrosio tried to push forward and join the attack, but ended up making even more confusion. De Vrij looked wobbly at times. Handanovic was unlucky on the goal, as he had just made a great save.

As for the attack, both Lukaku and Lautaro had a very poor game. They couldn't hold up play or link up between themselves in order to create chances. The Belgian has looked rather ineffectual in the last two games as if he wasn't match fit. Politano wasn't bad and once again tried his best to make things happen (he won the free kick from which came our goal, by the way), but maybe I would have opted for Alexis, who's certainly more experienced at international level.

Lastly, I watched the other game and Barcelona were lucky to get a draw out of it. Let's face it, our chances weren't not so good even before, but now that we're supposed to remedy this slip-up by beating Borussia over two games they look even slimmer. Naturally, we stand no chance if we keep playing like this.

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    . We're getting physically man handled in the midfield. Radja would be pretty useful right now... Good thing we sent him away and repalced him with a midget
    Same Radja who is currently injured after playing 2 games in a season? Or the Radja who couldn't last 30 minutes in an important CL game last season and consequently missed games vs Roma/Juve. Oh right, also got injured in the derby. I love Radja but physically hes nowhere near the same beast he used to be. Last season showed that. Once again, it took him 2 games to get injured.

Sensi's free kick led to our goal btw.. and from what I remember he looked much better than Radja a few weeks ago.

15. Thanks (4): Rain, sikman, varmin, Zane

Colombia

The game against Eintracht Frankfurt was bad but I think this one was worse.

Brozo had an off day and gags was useless.... Sensi has been our savior this last 4 games pretty much.
    Lukaku the last two games has been completely off. If he’s not 100% he shouldn’t play.
    Subs were made super late too.

I’m not panicking but this game brought all my enthusiasm down.
    We lose Sensi or if he’s out muscled/marked we are fucked.

Lukaku won’t be dropped and I want Lautaro to be a starter but Sensi needs someone to combine with Sanchez or poli to partner up lukaku.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I’m not sure if there is s plan B that doesn’t involve Lukaku.
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    R9,cambiasso

Indonesia

asamoah should just played once a week..last year already showed he didn't have stamina to perform every 3 days..especially in the more physically demanding role this season..the more this goes it will just gets worse.. where are you biraghi ?

19. Thanks (1): ElDuccio

United States

We really could of used someone like Dzeko today

21. Thanks (6): Ethor, K.I., MVD, Universe, vex, YoramG

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Upon further review, it’s incredible how we lost majority of 50-50 duels, and also almost every bounce, or second ball, they got there first. They also were outnumbering us at every part of the field. They were clearly way ahead of us physically.
    Our players looked tired and sluggish, and I’m wiling to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one, maybe the Pintus effect is coming into play here. His training regime might make the legs heavy at this point, but should be much better going forward.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    We really could of used someone like Dzeko today
    Dzeko, Llorente & Milik were my preferred options. 1 or two of them would have been great.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Disappointing performance and result. Brozo has been mediocre af the last 2 games. This is why we needed another quality midfielder. When one or Brozo, Sensi or Barella get fatigued and/or injured, we have a bunch of shitters on the bench.

I'm a little concerned about our lack of width as well. Asamoah and Candreva aren't going to cut it in an attacking sense. Not at their ages over the course of a season. We need to find out what we have in Lazaro and Biraghi. If they aren't up to standard, Conte might have to bust out his 3-4-3 or else opponents will just clog up the center of the park and take their chances against our wingbacks.

All in all, bad start to the CL. I don't have any confidence we'll get any points in Barcelona sadly.

25. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah, the lack of depth in the midfield started to bite as sooner than I thought.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Lord knows I hate me some Vecino, but I feel he's much more suited to European games than Gagliardini.

Vecino brings that vertical element to our game, no matter how frustrating or poorly at times. Gagliardini takes too long on the ball to do too little. Vecino can bring the ball forward with his dribbling or passing and that's something we desperately lacked today. Ideally, I'd see neither of them in an Inter shirt ever again but for me Vecino should absolutely be ahead of Gagliardini in the pecking order, and that's coming from someone who is very critical of Vecino's quality.

Funny enough, there's another player who has been so disappointing that he makes me prefer another player who I also really don't like. That's Lautaro and Politano. I've always maintained Lautaro is a #9, not a SS. While that doesn't mean he can't play alongside another #9, he needs to work on his fundamentals or his efficacy is going to continue its downward trajectory into the toilet.

Politano, for all he does lack, brings pace and directness. His end product and final decision-making will always be how it was last season - poor. We've already seen it several times in just the first 4 games alone. But he seems a lot more assured of what he's trying to do than Lautaro.

Still early days and all of these mentioned players need time (and coaching) to get their shit together.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

28. Thanks (7): firmino, hitmax, MVD, Raul Duke, vex, wera, Wings

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

to me it seems like they don't understanded what Conte want's. They always tryed to make impossibile passes and make uneccesary back passes. At some point the team got really confused and it was only matter of time that Prague would score a goal. Conte was giving the whole game instructions but it was like it got minute and minute worse instead of better.

I think this team can do much better then this, we already saw it against Lecce but also in Pre Season. Against Cagliari it was not easy and against Udine we had a lot of chances. But as Skriniar said, it's important to talk about the game now. Such things can't happen again..
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

United States

it is conte i mean guy got lukaku and now he does not know what to do with him he obviusly want to play through lukaku but guy is useless he is a pinball ball comes to him and bounces of in a second most of time to opposition lol