Thread: A call to a less toxic environment

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Denmark

10 years of FIF

A call to a less toxic environment

Dear all,

I have been a member of this forum for the past 12 years. Many of my most fond Inter-memories are tied to this community.

We have shared many moments of fortune and many more of frustration. As is the purpose of FIF! To share the incredible emotions that undeniably are tied to being a fan of Inter.

However, for the past several years there have been an increasingly vile atmosphere amongst ourselves. There is a disdain towards many fundamental aspects of our club.

And while I think there has been reason for criticism towards the management and our players, I think the way it is being worded by many members of this community contributes to a toxic environment - towards each other; and more importantly towards Inter.

By giving players or persons in management childish nicknames it contributes to a growing disdain towards them; and in turn our club. By insisting on being right rather than just accepting the opinions of others we create an unnecessary animosity towards each other.

Therefore I recommend we should all be less prone to:
    1) Namecalling

2) Being cantankerous

3) The general use of sarcasm

4) and the use of condescending emojis in discussions with fellow members (mostly the face palm and laughing emojis).

I like this forum, and I will stay a member even if the environment doesn’t change. But I believe it ought to change, and I believe that a change will contribute to a healthier relationship with each other and most importantly Inter.

PLUR

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

My man. to all

3. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Hey Jacquez there is a solution for that.

Google --> Fairy forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zidane,9,37

Hong Kong

Just go join inter subreddit. A lot less toxic there

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacquez View Post
    Dear all,

I have been a member of this forum for the past 12 years. Many of my most fond Inter-memories are tied to this community.

We have shared many moments of fortune and many more of frustration. As is the purpose of FIF! To share the incredible emotions that undeniably are tied to being a fan of Inter.

However, for the past several years there have been an increasingly vile atmosphere amongst ourselves. There is a disdain towards many fundamental aspects of our club.

And while I think there has been reason for criticism towards the management and our players, I think the way it is being worded by many members of this community contributes to a toxic environment - towards each other; and more importantly towards Inter.

By giving players or persons in management childish nicknames it contributes to a growing disdain towards them; and in turn our club. By insisting on being right rather than just accepting the opinions of others we create an unnecessary animosity towards each other.

Therefore I recommend we should all be less prone to:
    1) Namecalling

2) Being cantankerous

3) The general use of sarcasm

4) and the use of condescending emojis in discussions with fellow members (mostly the face palm and laughing emojis).

I like this forum, and I will stay a member even if the environment doesn’t change. But I believe it ought to change, and I believe that a change will contribute to a healthier relationship with each other and most importantly Inter.

I know the intent of the post is good but people on the internet will act differently & irrationaly, and you will feel it in the forums, you gotta take the good with the bad in this case.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    I feel like in the present day the majority of football exhanges online come in comment sections where everyone tries to get the funny comment or the killshot post and put rational debate to the side. FIF as a forum is a rare position where we should be above this sort of things.
    david mcgoldrick

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Spot on.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I'm definitely guilty, especially of number 4, but I am consciously trying to stop doing that and I hope it shows. I haven't got a ban or infraction in some time now .

It is my sentiment that our beloved forum changed lots and is kinda getting similar to R&B forum, although luckily we are not there yet. I believe you can't change the behaviour of a certain few because that is their modus operandi since the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Italy

personally, i simply enojoy swearing, guilty of that. and when i feel a player deserves an insult, i won't refrain myself. guilty of that as well. i can limit this if it is somewhat bothersome.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    ALL OF THEM

Great Britain

This seems a good forum to me. Not ott with insults.

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Join the Whatsapp. Less hateful place
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

18. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Ed., MVD