Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 507

Thread: Sampdoria- Inter (28 Sep 19)

  1. #61
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    10,520
    Thanked
    22,015 times

    Netherlands

    94
    We just tied a pot four team, at home, in the UCL group of death, and people are discussing winning the UCL.

    What a world.


  2. #62
    morepoststhanu JJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Aug 07
    Posts
    40,262
    Thanked
    55,050 times
    Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

    Slovenia

    91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    We just tied a pot four team, at home, in the UCL group of death, and people are discussing winning the UCL.

    What a world.
    How dare you have this mentality!!!
    Bitch!!!
    Everything should be about rainbows and unicorns, dare I say unicorns farting rainbows



    Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

  3. Thanks (1): MVD

  4. #63
    morepoststhanu JJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Aug 07
    Posts
    40,262
    Thanked
    55,050 times
    Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

    Slovenia

    91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    FORMAZIONE UFFICIALE
    Handanovic; Skriniar, de Vrij, Bastoni; Candreva, Gagliardini, Brozovic, Sensi, Asamoah; Lautaro Martinez, Alexis Sanchez.


    Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk


  5. #64
    Kramerica Industries's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Apr 18
    Posts
    1,156
    Thanked
    1,655 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    It takes time to build up to win the CL. We arent gonna win it as a 3rd pot team. We need to boost our rankings and revenue and start building a team for it. We arent winning it with our bench and midfield and strikers let's be blunt. A few changes could see us being reasonably competitive.
    But does it really? Between 2010 and 2017, Liverpool made one CL appearance - '14-'15 which ended in the groups - and then, in 2017-'18, they made a run all the way to the Final, taking out the English champions along the way.

    Now, in all fairness, the comparison isn't quite green apples to green apples because Klopp took over that job in Nov 2015 and they weren't a CL team that year like we were when Conte took over for us this year. Klopp had time to build that team up into what they've been in Europe whereas Conte's only had one window. So before you refute my point by telling me the differences, I'm already aware of them. I get it.

    At the same rate, if we ever want to win this competition again, we do have to make some progress. Pot 4 last year and blew a chance to advance from the groups, now Pot 3 this year...behind the 8-ball but not out of it by any means...don't think anyone here's going to say we need to win it by any means but getting into the knockouts is the next step.

  6. #65
    ElDuccio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Mar 13
    Posts
    8,703
    Thanked
    8,231 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

    Italy

    37
    forza el nino maravilla
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

    #IcardiOut

  7. #66

    Join Date
    27 Feb 17
    Posts
    1,324
    Thanked
    1,208 times

    Malta

    Love the lineup bar Gags

  8. #67
    Il Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Dec 15
    Posts
    6,874
    Thanked
    15,261 times
    Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

    Greece

    Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    FORMAZIONE UFFICIALE
    Handanovic; Skriniar, de Vrij, Bastoni; Candreva, Gagliardini, Brozovic, Sensi, Asamoah; Lautaro Martinez, Alexis Sanchez.


    Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    I would have preferred Lazaro instead of Candreva but i like the lineup. Looking forward to watching Skriniar on the right.

  9. Thanks (1): MVD

  10. #68
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    15,355
    Thanked
    22,450 times

    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    FORMAZIONE UFFICIALE
    Handanovic; Skriniar, de Vrij, Bastoni; Candreva, Gagliardini, Brozovic, Sensi, Asamoah; Lautaro Martinez, Alexis Sanchez.


    Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    A LOT of rotation, especially for an away game. No one will be able to claim we are taking the CL lightly. Still expect 3 points.

  11. Thanks (1): MVD

  12. #69
    Pipka's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Feb 11
    Posts
    394
    Thanked
    233 times
    Fav. Player
    9,12,10

    Poland

    Curious how this team will do without BIG Rom hope Bastoni can make good impression

  13. Thanks (1): thatdude

  14. #70
    FIF MVP .h.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jun 05
    Posts
    21,119
    Thanked
    22,349 times
    Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

    Europe

    25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    But does it really? Between 2010 and 2017, Liverpool made one CL appearance - '14-'15 which ended in the groups - and then, in 2017-'18, they made a run all the way to the Final, taking out the English champions along the way.

    Now, in all fairness, the comparison isn't quite green apples to green apples because Klopp took over that job in Nov 2015 and they weren't a CL team that year like we were when Conte took over for us this year. Klopp had time to build that team up into what they've been in Europe whereas Conte's only had one window. So before you refute my point by telling me the differences, I'm already aware of them. I get it.

    At the same rate, if we ever want to win this competition again, we do have to make some progress. Pot 4 last year and blew a chance to advance from the groups, now Pot 3 this year...behind the 8-ball but not out of it by any means...don't think anyone here's going to say we need to win it by any means but getting into the knockouts is the next step.
    Actually, those weren't at all the differences I was going to refer to.

    So I'd assert that the premiership is a bit different. They make enough money ambiently anyway that the CL has less of an impact. Being in the CL gives us like another 33% of budget - for Premiership teams it might be as little as 10-20%. We need the revenue to be able to build up and run decent wages, amortisation bills, etc. Premiership clubs dont.

    Given the sponsorship deals, etc, we have in place, we need a few years to build up and get new sponsorship deals and consistent CL revenue so we can get to, say, 500mil euro a season in revenue, we also need to get some long serving players so our amortisation bill drops whilst retaining a lot of high quality (e.g. Barella, Sensi, Lukaku in 3 years time), thus allowing us to spend a lot.

  15. #71
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Feb 09
    Posts
    9,736
    Thanked
    20,925 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I like the rotation, specially giving Sanchez and Bastoni a start. I really want to see how well these front two can combine despite being vertically challenged. If this works, that can solve one of our biggest dependencies this season.

  16. #72
    I4E's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jul 11
    Posts
    11,939
    Thanked
    15,518 times
    Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

    Macedonia

    6 Forum Supporter
    How good is it seeing an Inter game every 3-4 days ?!

    Forza lads.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

    “I'm having fun coaching Inter" - Antonio Conte

  17. Thanks (2): dax21, Gaindé

  18. #73
    I4E's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jul 11
    Posts
    11,939
    Thanked
    15,518 times
    Fav. Player
    ₩€$£€¥

    Macedonia

    6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    We just tied a pot four team, at home, in the UCL group of death, and people are discussing winning the UCL.

    What a world.
    Tottenham has given people hope
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

    “I'm having fun coaching Inter" - Antonio Conte

  19. #74

    Join Date
    13 Feb 19
    Posts
    133
    Thanked
    153 times

    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    A LOT of rotation, especially for an away game. No one will be able to claim we are taking the CL lightly. Still expect 3 points.
    Let's just hope it wasn't too much rotation... oh well. Forza Inter.

  20. #75
    Gaindé's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 19
    Posts
    153
    Thanked
    258 times
    Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

    Senegal

    Let's win this ! Lautaro and Alexis to score. Audero to play the best game of his damn career.

    DAI RAGAZZI!

  21. #76
    German_Interista's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 May 10
    Posts
    3,269
    Thanked
    1,793 times
    Fav. Player
    Rano & Lautaro

    Germany

    23
    Forza inter, let's win this!

  22. #77
    morepoststhanu JJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Aug 07
    Posts
    40,262
    Thanked
    55,050 times
    Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

    Slovenia

    91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Don't like our 3rd jerseys at all

    Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

  23. Thanks (1): MVD

  24. #78
    Kramerica Industries's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Apr 18
    Posts
    1,156
    Thanked
    1,655 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    United States

    Just saw a sign in the Samp dressing room that read "SEMPRECONTE" and it took me a minute to realize that it's supposed to read "Sempre con te", not, you know, the other thing.

  25. #79
    Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Aug 11
    Posts
    4,425
    Thanked
    8,113 times
    Fav. Player
    Adriano

    Switzerland

    12
    The size of Lautaro's head makes like 40% of his body height.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

  26. Thanks (1): Irequis

  27. #80
    Jane The Virgin's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Aug 10
    Posts
    3,215
    Thanked
    2,586 times
    Old name
    the dude

    Sweden

    Are we being too cocky with the starting line up?
    Guacamole

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •