Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Inter - Borussia Dortmund (23 Oct 19)

Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

Finland

72 10 years of FIF
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    I’m surprised Cunte actually subbed off Lukaku, I like that he considers no one bigger than the team, including his most beloved old crush Lukaku.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Where is all the Thorgan Hazard lovers? He was so shite
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

4. Thanks (3): Eddie, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Wait?! We’re not out of champions league yet?!
    oh I totally thought we got out after that 1-1 draw vs Slavia.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    Iím surprised Cunte actually subbed off Lukaku, I like that he considers no one bigger than the team, including his most beloved old crush Lukaku.
    I'm not. Conte doesn't cater to anyone but especially players. If Lukaku isn't going to put in the effort (which he surely didn't today) Conte won't have any problems taking him off. Or not playing him at all. Lukaku needs to be much better. Simple as that.

Pakistan

Inter Milan vs Dortmund Highlights

https://soccerhighlightshd.com/video...nd-highlights/

8. Thanks (4): Devious, forzainter257, GenDire, MVD

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

We approached this game knowing that only a win would keep our hopes alive, and the tension was palpable in the pitch. At the kickoff, both teams seemed more concerned about not conceding first than actually trying to win the game. The natural result was a very tactical (that is, boring) first half, with the difference being made by the fact that we took our only chance while they didn't.

The second half was a bit more fast-paced, with the Germans adopting a more aggressive approach, but the collective bad day of their star players prevented them from bringing dangers to our goal. We still managed to risk conceding because we dropped too deep and were lucky in a couple of situations which could have changed the course of the game. Anyway, it all went well in the end and the tables have been turned on them. I'm sure Conte realises that we'll definitely have to play better than this in Dortmund if we want to get something out of that game, though.

Lautaro was once again my MotM, not only for the goal he scored, but also because he was a thorn in Borussia's side, constantly harassing their defenders so as to prevent them from building from the back. He was good on the ball as well, creating several potentially dangerous situation, even though he was rarely supported by his teammates. The only downside to his performance is the penalty, of course, but considering the way he takes them he was bound to miss one sooner or later. Now, he can either exercise specifically on this skill, or leave them to someone else. What's sure is that he can't just keep picking one side and praying that the goalie will dive the other way. Unlike his partner, Lukaku had a bad game and was correctly subbed off towards the hour mark. He looked weak on his legs and generally uninvolved. Esposito brought a bit of liveliness and played with his usual cheek. He did a few good thing, including the penalty he forced on Hummels, made a few mistakes due to lack of experience, but all in all, had a very promising CL debut.

The midfield trio were good in blocking Borussia's lanes of pass, but were underwhelming when we were on the ball. I believe Barella was the most convincing of the three because he always held his own and ran tirelessly to help his teammates. He and Brozovic were the only two players able to create some upset in the German defence with their switch of plays. Like a diesel car, he took Gagliardini a while to get into the game, but he did his bit in the end. Borja's cameo was only meant to prove his relatives in Spain that he's still alive and well.

Tonino Candreva picked the perfect time to score his first CL goal, thus crowning another decent performance. He and Asamoah are reliable players who make the occasional (costly) mistake, but can guarantee a certain level of performance. The same applies to Biraghi, who had too little time to make himself noticed. However, if we're planning to stick with this 3-5-2 for the future, it is paramount that we strenghten these WB positions. Meunier's days in Paris (but I would say in general, at least judging by this picture) are numbered.

The defence held its own, also thanks to the uninspired performances of Borussia's main players. De Vrij had the merit of finding Lautaro with that brilliant through ball, Skriniar was energetic (a bit too much at times), while Godin relied mostly on his experience to keep things in order. Handanovic saved us on Borussia's only real shot at goal in the dying minutes of the first half.

tl;dr We needed a win and somehow got it, even though we'll need to play much better in Germany not to waste the little advantage we secured today.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Inter worldwide match reaction:

https://youtu.be/_bZG7u5CH8c

DAI RAGAZZI!

INTER DEFEATS DORTMUND TO STAY ALIVE!
    CAMPIONEDIEUROPA2010

2005-2010<3

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Iím so fucking proud of these cunts
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

I just watched the Slavia vs Barca highlights and Slavia should have easily won 5-2 with the amount of easy chances they wasted and Ter Stegen miraculously saved. They managed 24 shots against Barcelona.

You can bet it's going to be hell against those guys in Prague.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

17. Thanks (3): dejavu, MVD, sikman

Brazil

But until there , Slavia will be eliminated

Italy

I watched the first half live, the second half on streaming later as I was on a plane.

As I wrote in the WhatsApp group, I was fairly confident in a win because we really could not afford not to win, and Dortmund isn't anything special.

Martinez is probably the only player in the world who scores more while on the ground than standing lol.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Malaysia

Candreva scores in champion so maybe today i will propose to my GF
    sorry for my bad English

22. Thanks (4): GenDire, Irequis, kameru, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    I watched the first half live, the second half on streaming later as I was on a plane.

As I wrote in the WhatsApp group, I was fairly confident in a win because we really could not afford not to win, and Dortmund isn't anything special.

Martinez is probably the only player in the world who scores more while on the ground than standing lol.
    Feel like more people need to realize this and treat them this way. Not to say Dortmund is a poor side by any means, but as I've said several times here - it should be Dortmund who was more annoyed to see us drawn into their group than it should've been us annoyed to have been drawn into Dortmund's group. Which team is better right now, I dunno, but Inter at their max potential far outdoes Dortmund at theirs. And, if we continue down the path we're on, we have a good chance to be knocking on that "max potential" door in the not too distant future.

24. Thanks (1): GenDire

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Are we in any different position than we were last year? Just swap Dortmund with Spurs and Slavia with PSV.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    Borja's cameo was only meant to prove his relatives in Spain that he's still alive and well.
    Epic

Dortmund are not as scary as some of us imagine. I don't know how well they play at their home, but their defence were very leaky and their offside trap were very amateurish. We still have fair chance to grab 3 points from them if they keep playing this way.
    http://irequis.wordpress.com/
    Feeling up the senses like a night in Giuseppe Meazza

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Are we in any different position than we were last year? Just swap Dortmund with Spurs and Slavia with PSV.
    Isn't that a good thing? We had a very bright chance to qualify before bottling it against PSV. Maybe this time we would do better?

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by qb4ever_2k View Post
    Isn't that a good thing? We had a very bright chance to qualify before bottling it against PSV. Maybe this time we would do better?
    But we ALREADY bottled it. We got a tie home against the weakest team...

Now we gotta hope Barca beats Dortmund 2x, and we somehow get a draw away.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

29. Thanks (1): Howl

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Italy

We need to beat Dortmund again, beat Slavia and at least a draw with Barca to be considered safe.