Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter - Borussia Dortmund (23 Oct 19)

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Inter - Borussia Dortmund (23 Oct 19)

- Kick off: 21:00 CET

- Inter's previous 5 games: WWLLW

- BVB's previous 5 games: DDWDD

Well, I'm at the San Siro for this one, so you all know who to blame when it all goes wrong.

We're fairly 'ravaged' by injuries by our standards, with Sensi pretty much 100% out, D'Ambrosio chilling with a cast on his toe, and Sanchez hanging out with the medical staff until at least December. I'm not sure on the status of the niggle Godin picked up against Juve, but seeing as the club hasn't mentioned anything about it I assume he's fine.

However, it's not all smooth sailing for BVB either. Götze may or may not make it, and Alcacer is out for sure. Burki may also be out due to a knee injury. Sancho wasn't called up against Gladbach due to being late to training, but it's unclear as to whether his suspension will carry on to Wednesday.

If we want to continue past the group stage, we need to win here, and then at least draw in Germany in two weeks. In all likelihood, we'll see the same formation we saw on Sunday but with Godin coming in for Bastoni and Asamoah in for Biraghi.

In the least 'meme-able' way possible, an 'Antonio Conte Masterclass(™)' is needed here. Dortmund could absolutely murder us if we're not 100% concentrated on the defensive aspect of the game for 90+ minutes, and that makes me worried with Asamoah, Brozovic, and Candreva on the pitch, who are quite prone to the occasional lapse.

As for scoring, get the ball into Lautaro's feet within the first two minutes and pray. It seems to work quite well.

Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Pirlo, Figo

United States

In the US, the match is on Galavision @ 3:00 pm Eastern.

3. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

This is a must win game. There is nothing worse then German fans with a big mouth. They already think to be in the next round and that Inter will play EL or end fourth. Now that we have Halloween in some days, i would like to give them a reallity check like Inter always did with Bayern. They need to fear us and know that nothing is over. FORZA!
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

5. Thanks (1): phonk

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    If we want to have any chance to win this game we need to give the possesion to Dortmund and hit them in the counter. They usually struggle to create chances when they have the posssesion while they're lethal in counter attacks.

Their weak link is Akanji (CB) while their fullbacks are also defensive liabilities. On the other hand, they have many options in attack. With Paco and probably Gotze out, they will probably start with Sancho, Brandt and Guerreiro behind Reus while Hazard could also be an option as he was good against Gladbach. Schulz just returned from injury so Favre will probably go with Piszczek and Hakimi in the fullback positions.

They also have a mentality issue as it seems they have been affected by the late goals they have conceded recently. Against Gladbach you could feel it from the coach to the fans they were expecting to concede a late goal once again. It wasn't a coincidence Favre brought in two defenders in the injury time to protect the lead which resulted in Dortmund finishing the match with 6(!) defenders.

7. Thanks (3): Demenza Senile, MVD, sikman

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

GG, we won't even make it to EL.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Cambiaso

Indonesia

Any result will be fine,.
    Let s hope we will do well..
    No injury, a tie will be okay
    Sensi Rules!!!

Fav. Player
    R9

Trinidad & Tobago

I think we will pull off a 2-0 win here .Martinez and someone else...Btw I am really liking the way Barella has been playing for us since his arrival..he is becoming the midfield general we were all hoping he would be!!! #mancrushnohomo...Forza Inter!!!

Fav. Player
    Cambiaso

Indonesia

What worries me is the fact that our team is slim and now we have injuries as well.

Hard time for the team..
    Sensi Rules!!!

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Is Sensi back? If he's fit we will win.

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Cambiaso

Indonesia

I doubt sensi will be back, if he is then probably as a sub
    Sensi Rules!!!

Netherlands

Truly a must win game if we want any hopes of advancing.

17. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

I think Brozo won't make us miss Sensi as he proved it in the last match against sassuolo. Gagliardini looked decent, so he can take the majority of the dirty work used to be done by Brozo.
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by Ethor View Post
    In the US, the match is on Galavision @ 3:00 pm Eastern.
    According to my TV guide TNT will also show it

- - - Updated - - -

These videos are eons better than what we used to have before:

https://youtu.be/Ujo6jfgMTlQ

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    INTER VS. BORUSSIA DORTMUND: STATS AND TRIVIA
    The Nerazzurri are in action at 21:00 CEST on Wednesday in the UEFA Champions League

MILAN - The win over Sassuolo at the Mapei Stadium has already been put behind us. Inter are ready for action again, facing Borussia Dortmund at 21:00 CEST at San Siro. The Nerazzurri have enjoyed some classic matches against German sides in the Champions League. In collaboration with Opta, here are the relevant stats and trivia for the match between Inter and Borussia Dortmund.

The most recent meeting was the two-legged UEFA Cup tie at the quarter-final stage of the 1993-94 season. The Nerazzurri won 3-1 in Germany and lost 2-1 at home. It was a vital step on the way to the final and Massimo Paganin covered how Inter won the UEFA Cup that year to us.

The other previous matches were in 1964, over two legs in the semi-finals of the European Cup. It finished 2-2 in Germany and 2-0 at the Meazza thanks to Jair and Mazzola goals which sent Inter through to the final against Real Madrid.

Inter’s most recent win against a German side in European competition was in 2011 in the 3-2 win at Bayern Munich in the last 16 of the Champions League.

Antonio Conte has never lost a home group stage match in the Champions League (four wins, six draws) as a Coach. The only coaches to have had longer unbeaten runs are Frank Rijkaard (12) and Josef Heynckes (11).

Nicolò Barella could become the fourth-ever Inter player to score in the Nerazzurri’s first two home matches in the Champions League/European Cup. Mauro Icardi, Alessandro Altobelli and Roberto Boninsegna have already achieved this feat.

Borussia Dortmund have only conceded two goals in their last eight matches during the Champions League group stage, keeping a clean sheet in seven of these games.

Borussia Dortmund have won three out of five away matches in the Champions League (two defeats) under Lucien Favre, one more win than what they had recorded in the ten games on the road prior to this with Jürgen Klopp, Thomas Tuchel and then Peter Bosz at the helm (two wins, two draws, six defeats).

In their 2-0 victory over Slavia Prague, Achraf Hakimi (20 years and 332 days) became the fourth Borussia Dortmund player below the age of 21 to score for the club in the Champions League since the start of last season. This is more than any other team over the same period.

Should he play, Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho would become the 52nd player to have made at least ten appearances in the Champions League having still not reached the age of 20. Only three Englishmen have done this before him: Theo Walcott (17), Trent Alexander-Arnold (12) and Jack Wilshere (11).

- - - Updated - - -

Good news for us. Reus has a flu and he will stay at Dortmund. Alcacer is also out.

22. Thanks (2): MVD, sikman

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Good news for us. Reus has a flu and he will stay at Dortmund. Alcacer is also out.
    Will make our loss all the more inexcusable.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24. Thanks (3): dejavu, wera, YoramG

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Not having any hopes from this Champs League game either (due to Sensi's absence). This is a must win game but unfortunately, I am not thrilled at all with the problems we are having in the midfield. Lets still hope that we somehow get a win by hook or by crook - if we don't manage that, then we are kinda out of the Champions League for sure.

26. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Sensi, Lukaku

Ireland

65 10 years of FIF
    Heading over to this game myself. Hopefully bringing some luck with me, Inter have won the last 4 games I went to.

This game is a must win, be very hard to see us qualify for the last 16 if we don't get the 3 points in this one.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

im not worried about our midifeld. Against Sassuolo we showed that there is still a plan b. Im optimis with Lautaro on fire, a Lukaku who want's to improve and Godin the sheriff!
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    This is a must win.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Shut down Hazard, Hakimi and Brandt!
    Easier said than done... I'm afraid us getting fucked on the counter... And our CL dream practically over... They still a beast team even if they have problems in BundesL.
    Our defence is a joke this year... Skriniar is lost in 3 man df.
    Bastoni can't play such games yet... Too much pressure for a 20 y old CB! Papa Godin needs to lead the df again
    Asamoah or Biraghi... Not much different to me
    Candreva was good against Sass tbh so he deserves to play again.
    Lautaro and Barella need to play great again.
    Vecino?! Aaaah crap, crap, crap...
    Lukaku needs to finish his chances, no if's or but's

Hmmm... Vecino and Frog didn't train with the group

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

31. Thanks (1): MVD