Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Thread: Bologna - Inter (2 Nov 19)

Fav. Player
    Brozovic

Tanzania

So De Light handed a ball in his box and the whole world saw but no penalty. Why are referees scared of Juve?

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Cambiaso

Indonesia

We just find out that sensi is actually great..

It is a new thing.. And let s just enjoy it
    Sensi Rules!!!

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Amazing result. Simply amazing. We keep putting pressure on Juventus. We keep good confidence going to Dortmund match while we welcome Sensi back.

Apparently game was pretty shit again but Lukaku was there when needed. Super crucial that he has really taken Icardi's finishing role and buries it when needed.

4. Thanks (2): GenDire, sakera

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

A great win attained through sheer determination. All in all, we were the better team on the pitch and deserved the three points, even though the tiredness that has crept into our player's legs is making us slower and more predictable with every passing game. Soriano's goal would have probably killed us last year, but yesterday the team dug deep and found the mental strength to give a final push and turn the game around. Kudos to Conte for instilling such "never say die" mentality in the lads in such a short time.

I want to congratulate Lazaro for his first start for Inter after a couple of forgettable sub appearances. Yesterday he was expected to finally "come forth" and he did, constantly pushing down the right flack in order to widen our attacking front, all without neglecting his defensive tasks. An overall good performances, even though I would remind him that "sometimes less is more". I realise he likes tricks and am sure he can pull them off most of the times, but I would like him to resort to them only when they can really make a difference. Anyway, I watched his interview after the game and liked his attitude. Keep it up! If Lazaro showed progress, the same can't be said about Biraghi, who had an quiet/dull game. He didn't do anything bad, but at the same time his offensive output was rather disappointing, especially considering that Candreva showed much more involvement in the 20 minutes he got to play.

The defence did well. We were unlucky to concede, yet again through deflection, but we kept Bologna's tricky and technically above average forwards at bay for most part of the game, so I can't really complain. Skriniar was the best of the three, having a clearance and the shot that led to our first goal to his name, but also de Vrij had a solid performance. Bastoni was a little bit more shaky at times. However, we should never forget that the guy is a only 20. The fact that he can hold his own without resorting to constant handballs or hurling himself against the opponents in order to stop them is already a feat.
    I would't blame Handanovic for the goal, which unfortunately extended our streak without a clean sheet to six games. In general, we've conceded a few too many goals lately. We still got good results, but it's a problem that should be addressed as soon as possible.

As for the midfield, the tiredness is really starting to show, but - once again - there's little we can do beside gritting our teeth and pushing forward till January. Brozovic had an average game, the lack of oxygenation clouding his brain at times, whereas Barella played his usual gladiatorial game. He combined well with Candreva during the final push, which wasn't always the case when Biraghi was on. Gagliardini was the same, usual self. He does what he can, but that isn't always enough. Even if you decide to overlook that horrific 40m back pass to Handanovic or the simple pass to Lazaro he overhit (sending the ball out of bounds) on occasion of Lukaku's disallowed goal, his performance was dotted with too many little mistakes. Vecino took part in the final assault, although he remained mostly in the background. I'm not a fan of his, but given our current situation, any help should be welcome.

Lukaku scored a brace that wasn't particularly difficult to execute, but still required some nerve (especially the last-minute penalty). Goals aside, he had a good game. He's finally starting to understand how to put his massive physique at the service of the team, and his hold up play has definitely improved in the last couple of weeks. His chemistry with Lautaro (and the rest of the team in general) is also improving, so he just need to keep on working and possibly start replicating this kind of performances on the European stage. Lautaro was very good as well. He didn't get on the score sheet, but the penalty he won, defiantly taking on half of Bologna defence, counts as a goal in my book. That's the most positive note in his brilliant start of the season. He has stepped up his game big time since last year, improving dramatically with regards to decision-making and tactical awareness. He seems to have finally understood how to play with his teammates and is turning into a great modern forward. We already knew he had raw talent, but now he really gives you a sense of dangerousness whenever he gets the ball. Politano didn't do anything particular in his minutes, but at least played for the team, as opposed to his selfish display against Parma. Let's hope he learned his lesson.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Amazing result. Simply amazing. We keep putting pressure on Juventus. We keep good confidence going to Dortmund match while we welcome Sensi back.

Apparently game was pretty shit
    again but Lukaku was there when needed. Super crucial that he has really taken Icardi's finishing role and buries it when needed.
    with the fact that we played away, with a litle turn over and with some players who are playing every 3 day, i have to say that it was a great match. We were better then Bologna, theyre goal was just luck.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    with the fact that we played away, with a litle turn over and with some players who are playing every 3 day, i have to say that it was a great match. We were better then Bologna, theyre goal was just luck.
    Okay, that's even more promising to hear.

Old name
    the dude

Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by junior55 View Post
    What you are missing is that you judging Sensi as an invidual player , as in Sensi vs Messi which is wrong.
    What we are missing now is the effect Sensi has on the way we play. The decrease in quality of our build up play its very obvious. Fortunately we have gone through this period with luck , determination and power of will but this great amount of energy we have wasted recently wouldn't have been wasted if we had someone like him who could link up our defense/midfield with our attack like Sensi has done .
    You missed my point.

And I'm not gonna enter a debate that doesn't represent at least a point that I'm not making
    Guacamole

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

Sensi stands out so much because he's the only attacking/creative midfielder that we have. The rest save Brozovic are either utility players or complete garbage.

As much as I am satisfied with Conte's work and they way the team is performing, I am as angry every time I see the garbage we start in midfield and the wings. This is a good start but the club will need to show they mean to take a step up and be a serious challenger for some kind of success. Starting middle lines of, dambrossio, gagliardini,barella,brozovic, asamoah or whatever other shitty combination is a bad joke. Defensive and attacking lines have talent and experience , you have the goalkeep and you got a good coach. But that middle line needs some real players. That we are producing as much as we are without any quality players in midfield AND with players like asamoah being complete crap is a testament to Conte's work.

I said it about Gagliardini years ago in his first matches with the Inter shirt. He is simply TOO.FUCKING.SLOW to ever be a top level player.

When is Sensi back?

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Sensi will play from start against Dortmund
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

Well, I'm just glad he's back.

He should also be a good guide for the minimum quality of player we should be aiming to bring in, as a starter at least.

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I thought I might share a few thoughts on our game against Bologna.

I woke up at 3:20am to watch this one. When I saw the starting line up, I was curious to see how Lazaro would go and pleased that Conte had rotated Biraghi for Asamoah and Bastoni for Godin with our midweek Champions League game in mind. From the opening exchanges, it was clear that the team was switched on and ready to play for a result. However, as the first half went on and early in the second half, tiredness crept into our game and I felt that things were not clicking. Despite the tiredness, the effort and hustle were there but the team were struggling to piece it all together and put the finishing touches on their game.

I feel that Candreva coming on for Biraghi helped change the direction of the game. Candreva, despite having played a lot of minutes in recent games was up for it and the pendulum started to swing in our favour. I have to say that the Candreva we see under Conte is a pleasure to watch in that he wants to fight, contribute and be a protagonist. He goes out there to make a difference which is totally the opposite to the way he was utilised under Spalletti. I never thought I would write this but having Candreva on the pitch provides security and guarantees that his direct opponent is not going to get an easy run due to his experience and the fact that he will dig in and fight for the team. The Politano and Vecino substitutions were important because they brought on fresh legs and forced Bologna on to the back foot as they had become comfortable with the players that were on the pitch.

For his first game as a starter, I thought Lazaro played well. He is quick and I felt that his crossing was effective. I am by no means saying that he is the finished product or that he should be an automatic starter because there were misplaced passes and occasions where I felt he struggled with his positioning but that did not detract from the fact that he has promise and could contribute to the team and our cause. I was expecting him to be calamitous in similar vain to Dalbert but that was far from the case.

I still marvel at Barella. He plays, hustles and fights with great consistency. When he first arrived, I wondered if he would be able to find his feet and whether the environment would be too much for him. But he is exceptional and worth every euro spent on his acquisition. The same goes for Brozovic. I know that the latter has made some mistakes over the last week but the ground he covers and his contribution in a midfield that lacks options is nothing but admirable. With regards to Gagliardini, I feel his performances vary from game to game. Against Dortmund, I thought he played well but against Bologna he was a passenger and there were occasions when he appeared to be out of his depth. At best, Gagliardini is a reserve and cover for Sensi but I do not see him being able to play the role he has played in Sensi's absence, with consistentcy and without a significant loss in the team's overall performance.

In relation to Martinez, I feel he is maturing with every game. Conte playing with two upfront and Icardi’s departure have allowed Martinez to find his feet and come out of Icardi’s shadow. I genuinely feel that he loves playing for Inter and that he is grateful for the opportunity. I also feel that he is a great deal more humble and his feet are firmly planted on the ground when compared to Icardi. The only other thought I have on Martinez is that his understanding and relationship with Lukaku is building and has the making of something special.

I thought Lukaku was exceptional. The first thought I had when I saw him lining up in the tunnel before the game is that he looks so much fitter than at the start of the season. What I loved about his game is the manner in which he duelled with his opponents. His hold up play, holding off defenders, and passing to find his teammates were all duties that he performed admirably. There were some stray passes and misunderstandings with some of the linkup play but his hustle and the manner in which he dropped back to try and find the ball and help his teammates in the trenches was special. Perhaps the best thing about Lukaku is that in a very short amount of time, he has established himself as a self-less leader and focal point of this team and stepping up to take the penalty at the end of the game was no small feat.

Perhaps, some posters on here will feel that this post is too positive or ignores some of our shortcomings. But with Sensi and D'Ambrosio set to come back, I feel optimistic as we are in the process of successfully managing and navigating some injuries and a very difficult fixture list in terms of frequency of games. I am not saying that the path ahead in Serie A and the Champions League is going to be easy and that there will not be disappointments but I feel we are witnessing the start of something special and we have the makings of turning into real competitors. Over the years, I have been dying to see a competitive Inter. A team that is consistent and a team that fights and scraps. Against Bologna, our players were obviously tired but the best part about our performance is that they did not get lazy and start sending long balls to our front men nor did any panic and lose their composure as they did in the past when our game plan would turn to shit. Right now, Inter is about fight and having the right mentality and I really love that about performances.

The last thought I have is in relation to Lukaku's penalty. It was around 5am when the game finished. When we scored the penalty, I felt both relief and pride: relieved that we got the three points despite our tiredness and struggles and pride that we prevailed and overcame our opponents. Over the years, there have been so many times when I have finished watching a game and could only hang my head in shame or feel abject disappointment at the manner in which the team played, dropped points or totally capitulated. At the end of the game against Bologna, I was shouting and celebrating the three points. For me, the win was significant and very special because I felt proud of my team, their efforts, their fighting spirit, their will and determination to keep going and to prevail. And I felt a love that for a long time was helpless apathy. Those moments of excitement, passion, pleasure, joy and relief are what football is all about. That is why we watch the games and follow our team and I am happy to have been able to share it with my beloved black and blues.

FORZA INTER!
    Last edited by Puma; 04 Nov 19 at 04:40.