Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Borussia Dortmund - Inter (5 Nov 19)

Kuwait

Borussia Dortmund - Inter (5 Nov 19)

Everything at stake here.. if we win or draw we put ourselves in a great position to qualify before even playing the barcelona game. Lets get it done.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Here we fucking go. This is the biggest game of the group stage. Let's get it.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    MANY

Lebanon

Forza Inter!

Hope we win this and no one gets injured, this is really a crucial game for us
    Nerazzurri's One and Only Hoe

4. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    I hope Asamoah is fit for this one as i don't trust Biraghi defensively at all. I don't think Sensi is going to start as he started training only on Friday but he will probably get some playing time during the match.

6. Thanks (5): ADRossi, Dylan, MarkE, MVD, Universe

Netherlands

If we lose this game we're not qualifying for the next round. We must take a point.
    Last edited by ADRossi; 04 Nov 19 at 16:06.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    I hope Asamoah is fit for this one as i don't trust Biraghi defensively at all. I don't think Sensi is going to start as he started training only on Friday but he will probably get some playing time during the match.
    ugh but asamoah is soo bad

9. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    If we lose this game we're not qualify for the next round. We must take a point.
    I suppose there's a way forward if we only lose this game by one goal, or lose the game by two goals but scored at least one ourselves (3-1, 4-2, etc.). We beat Slavia while Dortmund loses away to Barcelona, and then match Dortmund's result on the last matchday against a Barcelona side that's likely already through.

But it's a low-percentage situation. A draw would suit us fine. Hopefully we do one-better because then we would be in position to clinch a spot in the knockouts on the fifth matchday. But that's looking too far ahead; lets play a good game on Tuesday and see what happens with it.

Fav. Player
    Cambiaso

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    I suppose there's a way forward if we only lose this game by one goal, or lose the game by two goals but scored at least one ourselves (3-1, 4-2, etc.). We beat Slavia while Dortmund loses away to Barcelona, and then match Dortmund's result on the last matchday against a Barcelona side that's likely already through.

But it's a low-percentage situation. A draw would suit us fine. Hopefully we do one-better because then we would be in position to clinch a spot in the knockouts on the fifth matchday. But that's looking too far ahead; lets play a good game on Tuesday and see what happens with it.
    Yeah, I hope we can hold on to them and no surprise from Dortmund..

Let s hope for a win or at least a tie there
    Sensi Rules!!!

Colombia

Reus went out injured last game and alcacer didn’t play.

Conte ain’t no Spalletti... we’ll go out to win cuz that’ll put us right there to go through.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Alcacer is ready to play, apparently, and so is Gotze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

14. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Alcacer was a late sub against Wolfsburg. He has been on the bench in the last few games but he hadn't played at all till yesterday. Favre probably doesn't want to risk another injury for him so i am not expecting him to start against us. Even though Favre doesn't seem to rate Gotze, he will have no choice but to start him if Reus isn't fit.

16. Thanks (3): dejavu, Devious, MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We need to silence Hazard again, he was the architect of the Wolfsburg win. We have Asa, Candreva, Godin back from the start.

This match will decide the CL group 2nd place.

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

I think Reus is out again. The good thing about Alcacer (other than him being a goal scoring machine) being out is that they didn’t have a chance of winning any headers against our monster CBs with Hazard, Brandt, Sancho and Hakimi.

Also, Barca are not exactly in good form. This group might end up being really interesting.
    Last edited by YoramG; 03 Nov 19 at 09:42.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

20. Thanks (2): militoscores, Universe

Fav. Player
    Sneijder 4 9

Estonia

Sensi needs to start.

22. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    It will be great if we can win this, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if we lose. It could be a blessing in disguise as we don't have a squad which can fight on 3 fronts. It will allow Conte to rotate heavily in Europe and Coppa, and focus the key players on Serie A games. Which is something we are too sacred to do now, looking at the lack of depth/experience on the bench.

Old name
    the dude

Sweden

We sure as hell don't have a squad to play for three fronts, but going past the group phase would be simply amazing, cos then just a sprinkle of luck makes miracles happen. Also, once the group stage is done, less games will be played and also fuck Copa
    Guacamole

25. Thanks (1): Wobblz

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    I am not hopeful at the moment but it would be great to get past the group phase. One of the reason being that the management might be willing to spend more than they plan to in the Winter Mercato (if any good options come up) if we get past the group phase.

We might get knocked out in the last 16 but those buys can do us great in the league.

It would still be great to play in the knockout stages though. The only reason to follow Champs League for me.

27. Thanks (2): DARi0, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

if we lose we will probably play europa league.. this means the problem will still remain. Personally i prefer to loose in the 1/8 final instead of going to EL.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

29. Thanks (3): dejavu, Universe, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    if we lose we will probably play europa league.. this means the problem will still remain. Personally i prefer to loose in the 1/8 final instead of going to EL.
    No kidding. Said last year and will say again here that last place is better than 3rd place. Third place has all the negatives of February fixture congestion with none of the positives. That doesn't solve any of our problems.

31. Thanks (2): ElDuccio, Universe

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post

It is bit of a reach to match Dortmund's home match result against Slavia, since we have Barcelona. Even if they are probably through already.

Just avoid the defeat.