View Poll Results: What is your preferred desktop size?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • 800 x 600

    11 10.28%
  • 1024 x 768

    64 59.81%
  • 1152 x 864

    11 10.28%
  • Others

    21 19.63%
Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 458

Thread: Wallpaper on your desktop

  1. #1
    Ari's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 04
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanked
    1 times



    Wallpaper on your desktop

    This is mine. Just found it from inter.it and maybe the best I've found there. Or what do you say Frisk..?


  2. #2
    Gaetan's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Jul 04
    Posts
    3,512
    Thanked
    105 times

    Haiti

    10 years of FIF
    I've had this wallpaper for about a week now, since the Confed Cup started.

    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

  3. #3
    Frisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 May 04
    Posts
    13,287
    Thanked
    1,503 times
    Fav. Player
    El Principe

    Italy

    FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

    Re: Wallpaper on your desktop..

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    This is mine. Just found it from inter.it and maybe the best I've found there. Or what do you say Frisk..?



    On my desktop right now!!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

  4. #4
    Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jun 05
    Posts
    4,811
    Thanked
    623 times
    Fav. Player
    CN69

    Italy

    10 years of FIF

  5. #5
    Miki's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Mar 04
    Posts
    4,627
    Thanked
    21 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

    Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaetan
    I've had this wallpaper for about a week now, since the Confed Cup started.

    I see Patrick is using his lookalike for a wallpaper.

    Here's mine. No prizes for guessing who she is.


    1152 x 864

    Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

  6. #6
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    Quote Originally Posted by katiey86
    Seriously! That looks like a castle to me, at least in Canada that's how we preceive british castles to be.

    For me, this was my last desktop, it a little reminder of back home


  7. #7
    Choppin Onions's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Aug 04
    Posts
    8,939
    Thanked
    5,385 times
    Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

    Canada

    66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I change wallpapers often. Here's the one I'm using right now. From Family Guy

    I just thought it was cool looking for some reason.



  8. #8

    Join Date
    02 Aug 04
    Posts
    4,441
    Thanked
    4 times



    I rarely change mine. at the moment I have one with Adrian Lima.


  9. #9
    Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jun 05
    Posts
    4,811
    Thanked
    623 times
    Fav. Player
    CN69

    Italy

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Quote Originally Posted by katiey86
    Seriously! That looks like a castle to me, at least in Canada that's how we preceive british castles to be.
    lol no way! that's actually a church was a cathedral 1000 years ago until it was replaced by.... http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../cathedral.jpg


    this is what an english castle looks like (or the one near me anyway)

    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...86/castle1.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...86/castle2.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...86/castle3.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...86/castle4.jpg

    second one is of the crown courts, which is part of the castle.. lol.. still english castles arent much like u expected, but then theres many types of them

  10. #10

    Join Date
    02 Aug 04
    Posts
    4,441
    Thanked
    4 times



    Atleaste you have some of them left the moste of our castles are burned down, after all the wars. we only have some few ruins left. we only have alot of palaces and country mansions left.

    An american who dosn't know how a castle look like why am I'm not surpriced




  11. #11
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano
    An american who dosn't know how a castle look like why am I'm not surpriced
    Same with Canadians, we don't have any so-called castles here. There are many buildings that were built Victorian-style and what not long time ago, but they don't look anything like the real castles.

    But I'd love to see and go into one of those old British castles. I think Scotland has the best, I know some people that went there and praised it alot.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    02 Aug 04
    Posts
    4,441
    Thanked
    4 times



    yeah they do have some pretty amacing Castles in Britain. and they are well preserved. It is not like those in my country. I think that those in DK was just as amacing but unfortuanally they all "close to it" destroyed we acctually had one in my city but there is nothing left of it. It's not a secret that we had pretty many of them.

    But the main reason why Britain have so many left is that it's a freaking island and therfore alot harder to conquer then DK was. And it was not surrounded by enemies like we was. (Sweden, Norway, Britain, Germany) And therfor we was overrun several times.

    And as I recall Britain have not had near as many wars on their own land as we have had.


    But one thing is for sure and that is that the Roman impire never succeded in conquering us "the Vikings" they where acctually afraid of us.

    This was todays History Lesson

  13. #13
    Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jun 05
    Posts
    4,811
    Thanked
    623 times
    Fav. Player
    CN69

    Italy

    10 years of FIF
    lol yep it's true, we survived pretty well due to being an island. Although Germany made quite a large attempt at destroying Britain in WW1 & WW2!!! Some of the castles here were destroyed because of that and some were destroyed way before then lol

    english destroyed castle (newark) - http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...warkcastle.jpg

    ok, so it doesn't look destroyed from there... but... it's pretty bad on the other side!

  14. #14
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    These castles look pretty nice, even when destroyed!

    I am a history-nut, and I love visiting museums and what not. I will definitely visit a real castle one day. In fact, I heared you could be one in France, they got so many of them and they can't pay for maintenance.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    02 Aug 04
    Posts
    4,441
    Thanked
    4 times



    your not the only one my friends call me a History Geek Well maybe there is a reason. It might be because I'm hoping that I soon will study History or archaeology(classic, Middle Ages or prehistoric) at the university.

  16. #16
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    Good for you, and take my advice, go to Egypt, it's like a Mecca of history There are so many historic stuff over there.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    02 Aug 04
    Posts
    4,441
    Thanked
    4 times



    Have been there, it's truely magnificent. when I can afford it I will defently visit Egypt again.

  18. #18
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano
    Have been there, it's truely magnificent. when I can afford it I will defently visit Egypt again.
    Great then, and I too want to go back there one day :hopefull:

  19. #19
    Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jun 05
    Posts
    4,811
    Thanked
    623 times
    Fav. Player
    CN69

    Italy

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano
    your not the only one my friends call me a History Geek Well maybe there is a reason. It might be because I'm hoping that I soon will study History or archaeology(classic, Middle Ages or prehistoric) at the university.
    lol my mum's an archaeologist anyways, i make the third history geek then, i'm studying it for A level.. but we only seem to learn English and French history.. the French stuff is sooooo funny!!!!!
    the castles etc in london are pretty amazing.. so is stuff like the tower see, England is good for something

  20. #20
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    Hmm, England isn't the most historic country on earth Besides the castles, they have those mysterious stones (forget their name again ) and that's pretty much it.

    It's the same in Europe, I don't really know of a country that has huge collection of historic stuff (maybe Turkey.) And the French history is probably medieval at earliest, but it's still interesting.

    It's all better than here in North America, there is no history whatsoever, we just go to museums to see old stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •