Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What three players would you buy to improve the club?

Netherlands

Wingbacks don't exist, they are created by Conte in a laboratory. That's why Lazaro was unavailable for the first three months of the season: Conte was still finalizing his testing, whereas the Asamoah and Candreva experiments were completed by Conte years ago.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Like ADRossi said, there aren't natural wingbacks. When a team plays with wingbacks, they usually go for attacking fullbacks or failed wingers but the players need time to learn the new position.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Wingbacks exist in Brazil.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Europe

Which free agent would you get to improve our squad til January though...

Jack rodwell

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

Just one: Timo Werner.
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    No need to buy them, they are going to be available for FREE: Eriksen, Iličić & Kolarov.

Here`s the free catalogue you can browse through: https://www.transfermarkt.com/transf...lerie=1&page=1
    Last edited by DARi0; 26 Nov 19 at 08:15. Reason: added BOSMAN catalogue
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

9. Thanks (1): sakera

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

Inter retirement home di Milano.

Ilicic and Kolarov can suck it.
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

11. Thanks (3): Il Drago, MVD, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Poland

First of all, I am mostly happy with our starting eleven. What we need is depth. The list DARi0 posted has some nice names. For instance, I didn't know Aranguiz is going to be free agent, I would actually like him as a bench player. I guess he is a sort of a player that would be an improvement over what we have and at the same time he is not good enough to both sign for a big club and expect to be a starter there. Fits the area we are looking for I guess. For the sake of financial prudence let's say I'll put him among my names just to make a point; we (nor anyone else) don't necessarily always need excellent players, sometimes good enough will do.

Speaking about the list, Eriksen is an obvious one. I guess i don't need to explain.

One position I have a problem with when it comes to the starting eleven is LWB. I like Asamoah, I like Biraghi but at the same time I feel like this is our weakest spot. When it comes to someone for that place, I rate Kostic a lot.

I should stop at three but lemme add these two amigos who are not necessary atm but I would strongly consider them:

Hakimi! I seriously wouldn't mind dropping 60-70m on him. He is not necessarily a player we need atm, but if Conte keeps on having doubts about Lazaro (although that is changing apparently) and considering Candreva is aging, we might as well get someone there. Hakimi is a beast. I feel like he can easily improve vast majority of the teams by a large margin. If Real will decide to stick with Carvajal, I can imagine him wanting to leave.

Also, closer and closer we have to accept that the end is near for Handa. Everytime I watch Viola, I think that Dragowski could be a really good choice to take his place in the future. Even if you don't watch them regularly, you probably remember the performance he has pulled against us in the season closer; and you have to admit it was really good. It's not a purchase I would make to improve the club at the moment, but it would be an investment in the future.

13. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Why just 3?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalMafia View Post
    I think that Dragowski could be a really good choice to take his place in the future. Even if you don't watch them regularly, you probably remember the performance he has pulled against us in the season closer; and you have to admit it was really good. It's not a purchase I would make to improve the club at the moment, but it would be an investment in the future.
    Dragowski gives me a similar vibe to Radu and formerly pre-ACL injury Perin.

Dragowski and Radu have only been in Serie A since last season, yet they've both racked up an impressive highlight reel of crazy reflex saves. In terms of purely reacting to a shot and attempting a save, they both look tremendously promising and seem to possess insane reflexes.

That said, they are unrefined, which is to be expected at that age. There are issues with positioning, communication and decision-making that see them sometimes concede goals they shouldn't. Neither of them looks particularly good with their feet or being involved in build-up either.

I posted something very similar about Donnarumma recently. If I compared Donnarumma to Radu and Dragowski, funny enough, I'd say he's more talented yet more prone to fuckups. He's much more experienced than those two, but also 2 years younger.

Dragowski could turn out a good signing but his value is increasing exponentially and I see no reason for Fiorentina to let him go. If he continues playing like he is, he will become one of their biggest assets. At just 22, Fiorentina really is the perfect place for him to develop - a medium-sized club with some very good players, but little pressure.

On the other hand, we already own Radu. He will be back here at the end of the season so it doesn't make sense to buy another young keeper. You're right in saying it's an idea for the future. Either way, we'll be faced with another decision for Radu's immediate future too.

I hope it's another loan for him. As I discussed previously, for me there's no sense in thinking about replacements for Handanovic now. He doesn't seem to be declining and he's likely to extend his contract for another 2 and a half years at the club. Keep an eye on Dragowski/Musso in the meantime and re-loan Radu back to Genoa, sure. But I'm super happy that we don't need to prioritise a GK for the next 2 years unless Handanovic undergoes an abrupt and massive decline.

It seems like De Paul and Giroud are the most likely candidates to arrive in January (I've heard whispers about Seko Fofana and Kucka ).. I just want a fucking DM.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Tonali zaniolo pinamonti

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Dragowski gives me a similar vibe to Radu and formerly pre-ACL injury Perin.

Dragowski and Radu have only been in Serie A since last season, yet they've both racked up an impressive highlight reel of crazy reflex saves. In terms of purely reacting to a shot and attempting a save, they both look tremendously promising and seem to possess insane reflexes.

That said, they are unrefined, which is to be expected at that age. There are issues with positioning, communication and decision-making that see them sometimes concede goals they shouldn't. Neither of them looks particularly good with their feet or being involved in build-up either.

I posted something very similar about Donnarumma recently. If I compared Donnarumma to Radu and Dragowski, funny enough, I'd say he's more talented yet more prone to fuckups. He's much more experienced than those two, but also 2 years younger.

Dragowski could turn out a good signing but his value is increasing exponentially and I see no reason for Fiorentina to let him go. If he continues playing like he is, he will become one of their biggest assets. At just 22, Fiorentina really is the perfect place for him to develop - a medium-sized club with some very good players, but little pressure.

On the other hand, we already own Radu. He will be back here at the end of the season so it doesn't make sense to buy another young keeper. You're right in saying it's an idea for the future. Either way, we'll be faced with another decision for Radu's immediate future too.

I hope it's another loan for him. As I discussed previously, for me there's no sense in thinking about replacements for Handanovic now. He doesn't seem to be declining and he's likely to extend his contract for another 2 and a half years at the club. Keep an eye on Dragowski/Musso in the meantime and re-loan Radu back to Genoa, sure. But I'm super happy that we don't need to prioritise a GK for the next 2 years unless Handanovic undergoes an abrupt and massive decline.

It seems like De Paul and Giroud are the most likely candidates to arrive in January (I've heard whispers about Seko Fofana and Kucka ).. I just want a fucking DM.
    I only read your response to my post now and I simply have to agree. To be clear, when I talked about Dragowski, I didn't mean signing him e.g. next summer, but I would like us to do a similar thing as Juve did with Szczesny and Buffon; namely, once we know that it is Handa's last season, we rotate two keepers; regardless whether that's Radu, Dragowski or anyone else.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    In January: Haaland and Castrovilli.
    In the summer: Alonso, Meunier and Jorginho.

This would be a good squad for next season:

Lukaku (Haaland) - Martinez (Sanchez)

Alonso (Biraghi) - Sensi (Castrovilli) - Jorginho (Brozovic) - Barella (Vecino) - Meunier (Lazaro)

Skriniar (Bastoni) - De Vrij (Ranocchia) - Godin (D'Ambrosio)

Handanovic (Padelli)

21. Thanks (1): TwoFiddy

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

I like that up to a point, but Vecino still first sub for that RCM spot is nightmarish, and I would also keep Asamoah and fuck Biraghi off if he continues as he's doing. Huge fan of the Meunier and Jorginho ideas though.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Hakimi, Rakitic, José Gayá
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Yep Gaya is awesome, would work well as a LWB

I'd get Eriksen also... Because... Obviously why

Cancelo back yesterday , Hakimi is Real hot property so unrealistic...

I don't want us getting any Barca 'trash' because they will want Lautaro, Skrin or Sensi in some kind of fucking deal... Just no

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Yep Gaya is awesome, would work well as a LWB

I'd get Eriksen also... Because... Obviously why

Cancelo back yesterday , Hakimi is Real hot property so unrealistic...

I don't want us getting any Barca 'trash' because they will want Lautaro, Skrin or Sensi in some kind of fucking deal... Just no

Its funny how you call Hakimi unrealistic but name Eriksen as one of your targets. In that case I want Messi, De Bruyne and Carvajal.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

If we get through the group and win the scudetto (I know how big those 'ifs' are) then Eriksen isn't actually that unrealistic IMO.

That said, and assuming all of our loans including Sanchez are redeemed, I would go out and get Gaya, Pellegrini, and Jorginho. I want Brozovic to be able to rest without the entire system breaking down dammit.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

30. Thanks (1): wera

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

If we won the league with these players, Moratti would say that we don't need to buy new players since we are the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

England

I think you should try and sign Marcos Alonso on loan in January. Played under Conte, played in Italy, not exactly in favour at Chelsea and will improve the LWB position.