Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Slavia Prague - Inter (27 Nov 19)

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Slavia Prague - Inter (27 Nov 19)

- Kick off: 21:00 CET

- Inter's previous 5 games: WWLWW

- Slavia’s previous 5 games: LWDWD

Yet another must win for us, but they all feel like that recently. If we fail to get full points here we’re pretty much done, to the point where I’d rather field Primavera kids against Barca so we avoid dropping to the EL.

Honestly, I know very little about Slavia other than the 4 games of theirs I’ve watched in this group, but I’ve been impressed. They press non-stop, they can be fluid and direct in attack, and they’re quite hard to break down as both us and Barca discovered.

I think we need to go out and get them, rather than play counter-attacking like we did against Torino. Their wingers are scary, especially considering our obvious weaknesses in the flanks. I hope both Lazaro and Candreva start to keep them pinned in their own half.

As usual, ball to Toro and pray. I think we’ve got this.

*can a mod please swap the team names around and Nov instead of Dec, I should really learn to stop starting threads on a phone*
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    I salute your bravery for starting this match thread.

I don't know how to feel about this match. If a win in this one helps us finishing second, i would be delighted. Else, i would rather finish 4th and focus on Serie A.

Anyway, we better hope Sensi is fit for this match else we're screwed. Valero can't play a second match in just 4 days and starting both Gagliardini and Vecino has rarely worked for us in the past.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

3. Thanks (4): Anne Marie, Devious, MVD, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Bye bye CL...
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

5. Thanks (3): Devious, Linege, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Wrong stadium, wrong date, hopefully that's part of your voodoo magic that gets us 3 points.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Malaysia

In BorCino we trust
    Oh God
    sorry for my bad English

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    With Barella, Sensi & Gagliardini injured, I guess it will be Bro, Vecino and Valero by default. Ouch.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    With Barella, Sensi & Gagliardini injured, I guess it will be Bro, Vecino and Valero by default. Ouch.
    Or maybe we use Asamoah in his natural position and he gets to score the winning goal? Starting those three means we are left with no midfielders to sub in.

Slavia may torment us here so I'd look to add as much muscle in the middle as possible but then you have to worry about our wing defence. I'd put D'Ambrosio on the left and Lazaro on the right to be frank. Biraghi is a liability defensively at this stage and Lazaro is needed to keep them wary of an offensive spark on their left side.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

12. Thanks (1): morrisama

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I thought Sensi was supposed to be fit for this one?

We still have Spalletti under contract, may as well bring him back for this one to coach the old Valcinovic midfield trio.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Go 4-4-2 with Broz - Vecino in the middle
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

United States

Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    In BorCino we trust
    Oh God
    I don't .

But OK, we have no choices, except for Brozovic all our decent midfielders (i.e., all two of them) are in the infirmary...

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    Go 4-4-2

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    for 11m a year you can call me princess sheila while you dildo me in the ass every night, and i promise you my heart would be in it.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    According to Sky, Sensi remains doubtful for this match while Gagliardini will probably be fit.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

18. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

we will travel there and we will win them
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

20. Thanks (2): eduzee, MVD

Netherlands

I'm not even going to bother watching this one. I've given up on the UCL.

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    Everything is different this year, our annual collapse should have started weeks ago, but we are actually trailing juBe by a point and are still in the CL race. So I don't just think it is possible to go through this year, I believe it's actually gonna happen. Also look at the shape Dortmund is in... I don't think they will pick up any more points in this group.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    R9

Trinidad & Tobago

We have to go strong for this one and Conte isn't called one of the best tacticians for nothing.. It's the game after that I'm worried about...P. s- Haven't heard from JJM in a while.. where art thou brother???

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Slovak Republic

It will be a hard and I am not confident with this one. It's the game of our CL fate. I we don't win, we don't deserve to go further.

27. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    I know there are other scenarios that would allow us to progress but the only scenario I'm thinking about is the one where progression is 100% in our hands and fuck whatever anyone else does. Win both games and we're through, starting here. Fuck everything else.

In that sense, it really is a 2-stage test, like securing a job interview with a good resume. We need to pass this test in order to even attempt the next test. I wouldn't be able to describe how disappointed I would be if we failed this first hurdle.

If we can go to Camp Nou and Signal Iduna Park and play like we did in those first halves, then we can absolutely do the same against Slavia, even without our injured players. Easier said than done, but what was missing from those games was the late-game management. You simply can't play a great first half and then just defend. Admittedly, Torino were unreasonably shit but we did much better in this regard than previous matches - we came out from the half time break with composure and treated possession a lot more carefully. We defended well and we were dangerous on the counter without being reckless and frantic. I want to see more of the same going forward. No more throwing away leads.

This is the real test. Let's see what we're made of eh.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

29. Thanks (3): syrus, thatdude, Wobblz

Old name
    raiden

Aaland

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Everything is different this year, our annual collapse should have started weeks ago, but we are actually trailing juBe by a point and are still in the CL race. So I don't just think it is possible to go through this year, I believe it's actually gonna happen. Also look at the shape Dortmund is in... I don't think they will pick up any more points in this group.

Global warming duh.Winter hasnt kicked in yet.Should start tomorrow though.I already feel the chill with Barella out!

#WinterIsComing

31. Thanks (5): Devious, GenDire, Il Drago, Linege, Pajo