Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2734353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter - Barcelona (10 Dec 19)

Macedonia

I would like to see serious effort to win Europa League. We seriously should put the damn pride aside and take that competition seriously. We need to improve our rating and we need a trophy. Just tell me you wouldn't want to see us lift at least a Coppa, yet alone EL.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    I would like to see serious effort to win Europa League. We seriously should put the damn pride aside and take that competition seriously. We need to improve our rating and we need a trophy. Just tell me you wouldn't want to see us lift at least a Coppa, yet alone EL.
    Scudetto sounds better

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

I like the sound of EL if we start the games the same way how Barcelona started against us. 9 youngsters and 2 more experienced one.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

4. Thanks (3): dejavu, Demenza Senile, MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    I want us to seriously disregard the EL, a pointless distraction. Put youth out and give them a shot, allows us to focus on our domestic matches which really ought to be the sole focus. Securing 2nd and a run for the coppa, for me, was our targets from the start.

6. Thanks (4): ElDuccio, Fossati, Lionheart, Nyall

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Fuck that. The Europa League is not worth what it will cost us. This team is not deep enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossati
    Every time an interesting player from another team expresses any interest in us, we start acting like beggars - ausilio certainly looks the part: unshaved, always looks like he hasn't slept in days, I wouldn't be surprised if he smells - and constantly try to get the deal done with lowball offers.

8. Thanks (1): Lionheart

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    The qualification was lost by the management when they concluded the summer mercato. Today was just a frustrating demonstration of that.

People blaming lack of depth and stuff like that need to get a grasp on reality. The whole betting world was rooting for us because this was a bloody gift by Barcelona and everyone but Inter got the memo.

Also, since people are fans of records these days, here's one. We have lost for the first time to Barcelona in the Champions League aat home. This was also the first time they sent their high school kid team for a CL game against us...
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

10. Thanks (3): Linege, Nothing, Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Europa league is not for everyone.

#InterIsComing

Zhang, your move.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Anyway, as usual, it’s the hope that hurts the most.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

13. Thanks (1): Fitzy

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

This worrying thing about the loss is not that we lost to a Barca B team (which is pretty fucking bad) but the fact that these mentally fragile players may start to lose it in the league. December is off to a shit start already, and this loss may have just kick started that weak mentality we know the players still have. Also Europe League is here, and we are now even more fucked than before with the schedules

Also that loss of CL money is probably gonna ruin some our mercato plans too unfortunately Get used to more Vecino's, Politano's and Valero's boys
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

15. Thanks (3): Linege, MVD, Ronin

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I did not expect us to win this match but I am still disappointed. My disappointment is less to do with tonight's result than the slip-ups against Slavia at home and Dortmund away. Those matches and their results are where our Champions League campaign was derailed. I have a few thoughts that I might share.

Our failure to qualify for the last 16 of the Champions League for the second consecutive has highlighted the fact that alot of things need to line-up and be in place for a team to progress into the latter stages of the competition. Squad depth is essential. A club needs the right backup players so as to ensure that injuries and suspensions do not lead to a significant downturn in performance when the reserve players come in. Barcelona tonight drove that point home. Seven or so regulars did not start but they still managed to outclass us. Admittedly, I am really struggling to get my head around that. It is gut wrenching to think that Valverde introduced a 17 year to the game that scored against us and essentially put the game out of our reach. The result also forced me to think back to the days in the 2000s when Inter as a club would take qualifying for the second round for granted. Those days seem like such a long time ago and right now, qualifying for the last 16 seems like a hurdle that we cannot overcome.

Experience is essential as well. We did not know how to handle the matches against Slavia at home and Dortmund away. Those adverse results counted against us tonight. In relation to the former match, it was very early in the season and the team was trying to find its feet but we dropped two valuable points in that game. As for Dortmund, Conte learned a valuable lesson in terms of game management in the sense that a team cannot play full throttle for 90 minutes and not take adequate steps to try and stem the flow of an opponent's free flowing attacking play.

In relation to the Europa League, I am very much caught in two minds. The overwhelming thought I presently have is that if we do not have the squad depth for the Champions League, with its kinder schedules, how are we going to manage in the Europa League with its backwater opponents and difficulty scheduling? Of course, we will not have to contend with the likes of Barcelona and Dortmund but I just feel that with the way things are, trying to sustain a push for the Europa League is not really worth it and would inevitably detract from our efforts in Serie A.

However, there is a part of me that says that the Europa League is exactly what we need right now. In the sense that it does not come with the pressure of the Champions League and would allow us an opportunity to impose ourselves on the competition. I guess the thought I have is how are the likes of Bastoni, Di Marco, Esposito and maybe even Agoume going to mature when they do not get playing time. The Europa League could well provide them with the platform they need.
    Last edited by Puma; 11 Dec 19 at 05:52.

17. Thanks (3): Glass box, Linege, Ronin

United States

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I want us to seriously disregard the EL, a pointless distraction. Put youth out and give them a shot, allows us to focus on our domestic matches which really ought to be the sole focus. Securing 2nd and a run for the coppa, for me, was our targets from the start.
    Agree 100%. The EL is a poorly designed competition where we have no chance of winning but where we have great "chances" of getting additional injuries. We should use it to give playing time to the likes of Agoume, Esposito and so on. But we need to focus on the Serie A now.

19. Thanks (1): William

Spain

What mentality? You are kidding me? Its the QUALITY

none of our players, except Lazaro, can control the ball, turn, dribble, advance lines, combine, etc.

Malaysia

I Love Inter, I Hate Inter
    I'm Depressed
    sorry for my bad English

Fav. Player
    The Phenomenon

Indonesia

I'm not disappointed, not like that PSV game.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet, next season we will be in same group with Barca again, jus to make this more interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet, next season we will be in same group with Barca again, jus to make this more interesting.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Fossati View Post
    Agree 100%. The EL is a poorly designed competition where we have no chance of winning but where we have great "chances" of getting additional injuries. We should use it to give playing time to the likes of Agoume, Esposito and so on. But we need to focus on the Serie A now.
    We're good enough to win the Europa League, honestly, but that doesn't mean we should go for it. It's not the trophy we want and it further complicates our chances at winning the trophy we would actually want.

Italy

Lukaku was awful.

25. Thanks (5): Che, dax21, dejavu, Glass box, Linege

Fav. Player
    ₩$

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Losers
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

I'm having fun coaching Inter" - Antonio Conte

27. Thanks (2): Linege, MVD

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Absolutely no starters in EL. It should just be a chance to give youngsters some play time, and develop them.

The only thing that will keep this season from being a disaster is winning the scudetto.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

29. Thanks (1): Howl

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Could be different with Barella, Sensi, Sanchez available... Oh well... Nothing fucks up shit like time and reality

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

31. Thanks (2): MVD, Nothing

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Could be different with Barella, Sensi, Sanchez available... Oh well... Nothing fucks up shit like time and reality

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Problem wasn't in creating chances, it was in finishing them.

33. Thanks (1): Howl