The europa league ridicule is such a dumb social media new age fan thing

its the UEFA cup, winning it is prestigious

since rebranding the winners have been

Atletico Madrid x 3
    Sevilla x 3
    Chelsea x 2
    Manchester United
    FC Porto

10 years and they are the winners, be an honour to add our name to that list

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Indeed. Ever since they switched it to Europa League the Italian teams have been treating it like dirt and as a nuisance. We're here now for whatever reasons. The aim now is to win it.Also gives you a Pot 1 CL entry...
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

England

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Indeed. Ever since they switched it to Europa League the Italian teams have been treating it like dirt and as a nuisance. We're here now for whatever reasons. The aim now is to win it.Also gives you a Pot 1 CL entry...
    and entry to the Uefa super cup which we did not win under rafa and also gives us high profile publicity to new signings

Fav. Player
    MANY

Lebanon

Couldn't watch the match...but man fuck barca
    Nerazzurri's One and Only Hoe

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Italian Report Claims Inter Striker Lautaro Martinez’s Chopped Off Goal vs Barcelona Should’ve Stood

Lautaro Martinez’s chopped off goal minutes before Barcelona’s sucker punch in last night’s 2-1 loss should have stood according to a report in today’s print edition of Corriere dello Sport.

The Argentine reeled away in celebration having slotted home but celebrations were short lived as the linesman had raised his flag for offside.

The Roman based newspaper state that referee Bjorn Kuipers should have consulted VAR as the ball had in fact come off of Samuel Umtiti therefore meaning Lautaro was onside and the goal should have stood.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

6. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    So we should've been through. No surprises there. FIFAlona is like juBe, they are bound to get favored because rules simply apply a lot less strictly to them. Consulting the VAR is the most normal thing in the world, but consulting the VAR vs. holy farca is suddenly as heavy as pulling a red card.

FUCK that club, ruBe's spanish nephew. Criminals hiding under a cloak of pretentious ms que un club. FUCK barca.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    By concentrating on winning the EL -Thursday night games- we're risking top 4 spot in the league for a realistic CL spot next year.

There's no way we could win the EL, not with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    for 11m a year you can call me princess sheila while you dildo me in the ass every night, and i promise you my heart would be in it.

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Winning the Scudetto also ensures Pot 1 in the CL. Neither is terribly likely, but I know which one we'd all rather win.

12. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by militoscores View Post
    The europa league ridicule is such a dumb social media new age fan thing

its the UEFA cup, winning it is prestigious

since rebranding the winners have been

Atletico Madrid x 3
    Sevilla x 3
    Chelsea x 2
    Manchester United
    FC Porto

10 years and they are the winners, be an honour to add our name to that list
    Every fan wants to win the Europa League. The dismissive attitude towards the competition is not due to its "low" prestige - it's because of the cost of trying to win it, compared to the reward.

As we all know, the prize money and other revenue is also pretty negligible. More importantly, playing in the Europa League means less rest days in between games and further travel times. That means injuries and fatigue that could compromise our most important goal of finishing top 4 in the league.

At this moment, we simply don't have the squad to make EL a priority. The main goal of this season is to finish top 4. (Improvement on the pitch and in points compared to last season is another important bonus objective.) Top 4 has always been the primary objective, long before we got eliminated from the CL. As things stand, with our heroic league-leading status, in spite of these ruinous injuries, all our efforts and resources must go towards consolidating that objective.

If we are able to do the following:
    1. make a handful of good signings in Jan (minimum 3 IMO)
    2. recover our injured players ASAP without drama (already Sensi and Asamoah have extended their absences with re-occurrences, can't afford Barella/Candreva/Sanchez doing the same)
    3. stay at the top of the league by January/February (or within a few points of first place)
    4. get a bit of luck with injuries for the remainder of the season..

..then yes, I absolutely want us to try to win every competition we're in, including the Europa League. We very honestly could win some silverware.

But let's just get to Point 3 of those four points I just listed. And even that is easier said than done, let alone without thinking of the Europa League.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

14. Thanks (6): ADRossi, DARi0, MVD, Rain, wera, Wobblz

England

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Every fan wants to win the Europa League. The dismissive attitude towards the competition is not due to its "low" prestige - it's because of the cost of trying to win it, compared to the reward.

As we all know, the prize money and other revenue is also pretty negligible. More importantly, playing in the Europa League means less rest days in between games and further travel times. That means injuries and fatigue that could compromise our most important goal of finishing top 4 in the league.

At this moment, we simply don't have the squad to make EL a priority. The main goal of this season is to finish top 4. (Improvement on the pitch and in points compared to last season is another important bonus objective.) Top 4 has always been the primary objective, long before we got eliminated from the CL. As things stand, with our heroic league-leading status, in spite of these ruinous injuries, all our efforts and resources must go towards consolidating that objective.

If we are able to do the following:
    1. make a handful of good signings in Jan (minimum 3 IMO)
    2. recover our injured players ASAP without drama (already Sensi and Asamoah have extended their absences with re-occurrences, can't afford Barella/Candreva/Sanchez doing the same)
    3. stay at the top of the league by January/February (or within a few points of first place)
    4. get a bit of luck with injuries for the remainder of the season..

..then yes, I absolutely want us to try to win every competition we're in, including the Europa League. We very honestly could win some silverware.

But let's just get to Point 3 of those four points I just listed. And even that is easier said than done, let alone without thinking of the Europa League.
    we have serious injuries now yet were able to push CL group of death to final 10 minutes

once barella,sensi,sanchez,asamoah and candreva are all back it will help squad depth alot. and if we sign 1-2 players in winter then great!

if we draw a apoel or lask in rd of 32 dont tell me a team of handa,bastoni,rano,skrinniar,dumbo,biraghi,vecino, valero,brozo,sanchez,politano couldnt beat them and help us progress

once in final 8 play strongest team as everyone will be ultra motivated.

16. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    This!
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Its never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Its a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    Massimo Moratti

18. Thanks (3): MVD, Universe, wera

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Do you even know the prize money levels?
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

we should open a poll. "Do you care about EL" or something like that. based on the oppinion on fif it seems 50%-50%
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Please don't let me be the only one who is livid with the fact our 3rd disallowed goal was actually legit...
    Fuuuck
    Was it really? Is there like a clip of it or something? I thought their first goal was offside in both instances, first to Vidal then to the goalscorer but I guess Godin made it a legit goal, oh well.. Either way, Lukaku butchered 3 golden chances so we had it in our palms and blew it.

Worst thing was when I saw my mates who were Arsenal and United fans and the first thing they said was welcome to the Europa League
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    Was it really? Is there like a clip of it or something? I thought their first goal was offside in both instances, first to Vidal then to the goalscorer but I guess Godin made it a legit goal, oh well.. Either way, Lukaku butchered 3 golden chances so we had it in our palms and blew it.

Worst thing was when I saw my mates who were Arsenal and United fans and the first thing they said was welcome to the Europa League
    their scorer Perez or whatshisname for the first goal was in offside but Godin made it irrelevant like Umtiti made it irrelevant for Kaku ...if a player deliberately makes a move,pass...whatever the offside spot goes out the window,doesn't matter anymore...because a new pass,move,action....whatever is created
    if it was a deflection then yes offside...wasn't a defflection tho

and smart ass N4L said in whatssapp that Kaku influenced Umtiti...and then Vidal and Perez didn't influence Godin...LMAO
    Called me a retard...yeah,I'm the retard

24. Thanks (2): MVD, PHM1605

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    their scorer Perez or whatshisname for the first goal was in offside but Godin made it irrelevant like Umtiti made it irrelevant for Kaku ...if a player deliberately makes a move,pass...whatever the offside spot goes out the window,doesn't matter anymore...because a new pass,move,action....whatever is created
    if it was a deflection then yes offside...wasn't a defflection tho

and smart ass N4L said in whatssapp that Kaku influenced Umtiti...and then Vidal and Perez didn't influence Godin...LMAO
    Called me a retard...yeah,I'm the retard
    Fack Ref should have at least checked VAR properly then
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

26. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Vietnam

Did anyone of us even complain specifically that sentence
    smart ass N4L said in whatssapp that Kaku influenced Umtiti...and then Vidal and Perez didn't influence Godin
    ...and urge ref to check the VAR? If not than it was also our big fuckup, not only ref's

Incredible if a group of 20 professionals, coach included, don't know the rule.

28. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

I found the offside play: https://hdmatches.com/2019/12/10/vid...mber-2019/#-10

JJM's right, skip to 8:50 and Politano's shot blasts into Umtiti then Lautaro scoops in disallowed goal..
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

30. Thanks (3): Linege, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    So was it a mistake to rule it out or not. Or is it one of those where it's "at the referee's discretion"..

Do you even know the prize money levels?
    Are you asking to be contentious or because you actually want some info. Actually why do I even ask.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleagu...d=2616279.html

Starting payments / fixed amounts where they apply, add the bonuses based on our pathetic coefficient ranking where they apply. Even worse with our National Association Contribution. https://www.uefa.com/memberassociati...club/#/yr/2020

Each payment of prize money is obviously very low compared to CL across the board, from the performance-related payments to the TV market pool. You know as well as I do that even the purse for winning a group stage game is nearly 5X higher in the CL. We should get €500,000 for making the Europa League round of 32. That's 5% of the €9.5m if we qualified for the CL round of 16.

One does not need to do the tedious mathematics to calculate every payment accurate to the dollar in order to confirm that. You can though.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    I found the offside play: https://hdmatches.com/2019/12/10/vid...mber-2019/#-10

JJM's right, skip to 8:50 and Politano's shot blasts into Umtiti then Lautaro scoops in disallowed goal..

I think this is right. Lukaku is in an offside position when Politano shoots. However, Lukaku is not part of the play when the shot first hits Umtiti. Since Umtiti makes a play on the ball, Lukaku should no longer be considered offside and should be free to influence the play, which he does by pressuring Umtiti into playing a terrible ball straight to Lautaro.

I thought this was 100% offside because of Lukaku when I saw it, but the new rules are supposed to make a player in an offside position, onside if the defender makes an attempt on the ball.
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

33. Thanks (1): JJM