Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303738394041 LastLast

Thread: Inter - Barcelona (10 Dec 19)

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    I think this is right. Lukaku is in an offside position when Politano shoots. However, Lukaku is not part of the play when the shot first hits Umtiti. Since Umtiti makes a play on the ball, Lukaku should no longer be considered offside and should be free to influence the play, which he does by pressuring Umtiti into playing a terrible ball straight to Lautaro.

I thought this was 100% offside because of Lukaku when I saw it, but the new rules are supposed to make a player in an offside position, onside if the defender makes an attempt on the ball.
    YES,THANK U! new rules...lot of them,so confusion is normal

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    It was a clear offside, don't dwell on it.

Their goal is the one that begs a discussion.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It was a clear offside, don't dwell on it.

Their goal is the one that begs a discussion.
    u didn't read a word vito wrote did u...

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    So was it a mistake to rule it out or not. Or is it one of those where it's "at the referee's discretion"..
    Well after the goal went in and the linesman the ruled it offside, they should have checked VAR and ruled it as a legit goal. What essentially happened was the exact same thing that happened in Barcelona's first goal, where Godin's contact with the ball allowed Perez to be offside and still have his goal stand. Also with regards to the financial side of things, it's reported we lost out on €12.2m.

Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    I think this is right. Lukaku is in an offside position when Politano shoots. However, Lukaku is not part of the play when the shot first hits Umtiti. Since Umtiti makes a play on the ball, Lukaku should no longer be considered offside and should be free to influence the play, which he does by pressuring Umtiti into playing a terrible ball straight to Lautaro.

I thought this was 100% offside because of Lukaku when I saw it, but the new rules are supposed to make a player in an offside position, onside if the defender makes an attempt on the ball.
    Yeah exactly, I was raging so much I didn't even bother to actually rewatch the situation until JJM mentioned it. Looks like the goal should have stood.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

7. Thanks (2): Linege, MVD

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Only interested in EL, if we sign Vidal, De Paul and SMS, which is not going to happen.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

I haven't heard of this new rule you guys are talking about.

The following scenario has always been offside and afaik hasn't changed:

A keeper parries a shot of Cruz into Suazo's path and Suazo scores a tap in - but at the time of Cruz's shot, Suazo was offside and the goal is disallowed even though Cruz meant to shoot it and not pass it to Suazo

Are you telling the goal scored in the scenario above, which is not different from what we saw yesterday (no distinction between keeper and defender), would be allowed according to these new rules?
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by militoscores View Post
    The europa league ridicule is such a dumb social media new age fan thing

its the UEFA cup, winning it is prestigious

since rebranding the winners have been

Atletico Madrid x 3
    Sevilla x 3
    Chelsea x 2
    Manchester United
    FC Porto

10 years and they are the winners, be an honour to add our name to that list
    This. I just hope Conte doesn't think like many fans and goes for it.

If we lack depth, then Serie A is the last thing we are going to win. It's far more demanding than the EL so people who think we can't win EL because of lack of depth but hope to win Serie A are hopeful for the wrong reasons.

If we don't reinforce in January we can say goodbye to Scudetto and pray we'll save our 4th spot in last game against Atalanta away. Serie A is a ruthless competition, Scudetto won't just fall in our lap.
    Last edited by Glass box; 12 Dec 19 at 00:49.

11. Thanks (1): Linege

Vietnam

The problem is that Europa League is too risky. 1s of lacking concentration and the whole season is gone. Knowing Inter’s players well enough, who fail two consecutive seasons in the most decisive matches..(PSV and Barca B), sorry, I dont believe we wont crumble again when pressure comes. On the other hand, in the league you can lose one match and fix mistake later.

One more reason: Conte himself didnt need any depth to win Scudetto (remember his former Jube), just a strong XI. But he is a liability in Europe.
    Last edited by PHM1605; 11 Dec 19 at 18:34.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    u didn't read a word vito wrote did u...
    I did. It's invalid. It was still offside.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    Well after the goal went in and the linesman the ruled it offside, they should have checked VAR and ruled it as a legit goal. What essentially happened was the exact same thing that happened in Barcelona's first goal, where Godin's contact with the ball allowed Perez to be offside and still have his goal stand. Also with regards to the financial side of things, it's reported we lost out on €12.2m.

Yeah exactly, I was raging so much I didn't even bother to actually rewatch the situation until JJM mentioned it. Looks like the goal should have stood.
    The difference is that Lukaku was offside when the shot of Politano was made.

Vidal did not kick the ball towards his offside teammate but it was poked by Godin.

Both decisions were correct. But I still reserve the argument that Vidal may have tried to direct a pass.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

14. Thanks (1): wera

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I'm with Brehme here, and in any case, we should've scored from some other chances as well, and we didn't... so all of this doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

16. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    JZ4, I9, MS37

Nigeria

Atalanta beat Shaktar 3-0 away to qualify for UCL R16 and the worst art is they will be playing those knockout games at the Meazza. Inter are being ripped on Twitter.

18. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

86 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    I did. It's invalid. It was still offside.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference is that Lukaku was offside when the shot of Politano was made.

Vidal did not kick the ball towards his offside teammate but it was poked by Godin.

Both decisions were correct. But I still reserve the argument that Vidal may have tried to direct a pass.

It is not invalid. The rule changed in 2016. A player who is in an offside position at the time a teammate plays the ball, is no longer considered offside if the defender attempts to play the ball and mishits it.

It has caused a mess with high school refs in our area who suck because they have to decide if the defender actually played the ball or if it was just a deflection. If Umtiti tried to avoid the ball and it hit him, then Lukaku would be offside. He clearly tried to clear the ball and completely mishit it. The linesman should have kept his flag down and VAR should have decided it. Just like it did for their first goal.
    This season is unfortunately a 5 season setback. We were 1.5 mercato away from becoming a top team, now won't really have expectations of winning an important trophy until 2025.

20. Thanks (1): JJM

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF

Painful to go out like this, still hurts

In an interview with Italian broadcaster Sky Sport Italia, Barcelona manager Ernesto Valverde explained where he thinks it went wrong for Inter against his much rotated Blaugrana side, who ran out 2-1 winners at San Siro in the final Champions League group stage match. “Inter pressed us well early on and kept us pinned back, but we emerged over time. I think they were increasingly irritable because the goal wasn’t coming and they had three ruled offside, so it got to them.” - nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    I cant believe Lukaku has literally fucked up 3 golden chances.
    Well, that was really really unfortunate. Also him being caught offside all the time.

“Lukaku failed to score three times when he was right in front of the goalkeeper. Inter simply missed too many chances. You cannot afford to relax in games against teams such as Barcelona,” Fabio Capello said in the studios of Italian broadcaster Sky Sport Italia following the game. “Matches in the Champions League need players of a certain quality like Stefano Sensi and Nicolo Barella. Only Lautaro Martinez had that quality in this match. He was the only one who always troubled Barcelona. Barcelona conceded so much chances but Inter did not take advantage of these golden opportunities.”

Quote Originally Posted by German_Interista View Post
    If you can't score all those bug chances then you don't deserve to get through the group stage
    Correct. Barca did their best to let us win, instead many players got anxious and fucked it all up. IMO it`s about the mental aspect, besides the overall fatigue.

“If Inter wanted to go on in the Champions League, they had to take advantage of all the chances that they had. Diego Godin was unlucky with Barcelona’s first goal. Inter did not do anything wrong, it was just an unlucky goal to concede,” Costacurta player explained in an interview with Italian broadcaster Sky Sport Italia.“Knowing Antonio Conte, he will try to win the Europa League. The Champions League is for complete teams, something which Inter are not. If you do not have the right athleticism and quality then you cannot make it. The matches were all decided by individual errors.”

Quote Originally Posted by lulek View Post
    Much much better players would come in January if we won yesterday. Now we can expect some mediocre players in our midfield.
    So why would Vecino & other reserves win it? So they would be replaced with better players? Not sure how you rate him, but expect De Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Seriously, I want Conte gone this summer. As I've said over and over 400 times, the guy is a fucking loser.
    WTF Are you trolling or what? Luciano is the loser, not Conte. Conte might actually overachieve by winning us the Scudetto, if the management fuckin` backs him up with proper players. He even did the right subs. What argument(s) do you have against him?

If there is anyone to blame, I would say the management should suck it up for shipping out Nainggolan on FREE LOAN, while we have to watch Vecino fuck up play on a constant basis

NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

22. Thanks (2): Howl, MVD

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by dejavu View Post
    Atalanta beat Shaktar 3-0 away to qualify for UCL R16 and the worst art is they will be playing those knockout games at the Meazza. Inter are being ripped on Twitter.
    Whattttt? At the Meazza?

So may all who engage in such lawless conspiracies be punished.

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Albania

Forum Supporter
    How old were Atlanta midfielders? Midfield immobility destroyed Inter yesterday and you want Nainngolan to be recalled?

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Jesus fuck. It's not enough that we got eliminated but now we have to sit and watch your psychological menstruation. Go over at Forza Atalanta Forums if you are so upset, or just wait for the final and pick the winner for this year.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Italy

I know 10 years ago I'd be so infuriated by the outcome for days. Especially now that we were the only Italian side to be eliminated this early. But now it just gets old. Still, I can't deny how this and last year's Champions League have been so fucking dissapointing. Twice it came down to the last game and blew it. Oh well, next year I guess! As they always say.

28. Thanks (1): Howl

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

So a former ref Cesari who often comments ref decisions for various tv stations says Lautaro's 80min goal was totally legit.
    Like we talked about earlier...
    Thanks Uefa... Kuipers pulls a dirty on us and VAR goes to sleep...

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Help me understand the pots for next season.

Taking EL out of the equation..

If we win Serie A - do we go in pot 1?
    If we finish 2nd or 3rd, do we go in pot 2 or 3?

What happens if we win the league but Juve win CL?
    What happens if we finish 2nd, Napoli finish outside the CL spots but win CL this season?
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Italy

I don't know the rankings in detail, but if we win Serie A, we go in pot 1, that's sure, because the winners of the 8 best ranked leagues go in pot 1.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

33. Thanks (1): MVD