Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Inter - Cagliari (14 Jan 20) [Coppa Italia]

Pakistan

2. Thanks (3): ciamac, Linege, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar37

Indonesia

Ranocchia was the best among back three.

Barella is our engine.

Lukaku score when we needed.

Sanchez have a good game.

Di Marco and Lazaro looks solid.

MOTM : Lukaku and Barella.

Note : Brozovic vital for midfield, the balance is collapse when he taken off.
    Lautaro Martínez: Argentina's next big thing
    Milan Skriniar : Next Best Defender In The World

4. Thanks (2): Devious, MVD

India

Can someone explain to me how home/away is decided in the coppa?

We played at home, will we be away next match?

6. Thanks (1): Lui

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Delete
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. Thanks (1): Lui

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Couldn't catch the second half but from what I saw in the first one, it felt like Sanchez and Barella were our best players whilst the wing backs were quite okay.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    Can someone explain to me how home/away is decided in the coppa?

We played at home, will we be away next match?
    Next game is also at home iirc. They make a standard draw at the beginning that decides everything.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

10. Thanks (2): Devious, Trininerazzuri

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Atalanta next, LOL

12. Thanks (3): ADRossi, Devious, Universe

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

I haven't had this much fun following Inter since forever like I do this season

14. Thanks (3): Devious, Lui, MVD

Fav. Player
    javier zanetti

Israel

Sanchez was brilliant in my opinion. We must consider that he was missing for more than 3 months and most players wouldnt have shown this ability in their first return from the injury.

Also, we need to remember that Alexis is a top class player that could be very important for us. Great to have him back.
    Save Radja.

16. Thanks (2): delaurentis, militoscores

England

My boy valero continues to prove fif moaning morons wrong

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

Cagliari have been in dire straits lately, and the early goal they gifted us certainly compounded their problems. That being said, we controlled the game with ease (with the sole exception of 10-15 minutes in the second half when we slowed down our rhythm, allowing them to move further into our half). The only remark I would move against Conte is his stubbornness in playing certain players even when they could be given a rest. It should be clear by now that either we sign Giroud (or someone with his set of skills) or Lukaku won't ever be rested until the end of the season.

Valero had a good game. I still think he's done, and it won't be a series of good performances to make me change my mind. However, I must say once again that he's showed to be a true professional in the last few weeks. Barella was also extremely positive in midfield, showcasing the usual mix of tenacity and technical ability, and was rewarded with two great assists. Brozovic did nothing particularly shiny, but dictated the tempo of the game with his usual composure (and the occasional flailing of arms in frustration). As I wrote after the Atalanta game, Sensi is still rusty and needs time to return the player he was at the start of the season.

I think Lazaro didn't fully take the chance he was given. I mean, he really looked eager to prove himself, but he often made too many stepovers without being able to beat his man. Either you're Dinho and can pull this kind of stuff most of the times, or you just go for the basics and focus on putting a good ball in as Barella did. As for Dimarco, he had a good game. The problem with his - which is why Conte never play him, at least IMHO - is that he's both very poor in defence and very feeble (think of Rui Mario for comparison). He's technically gifted, but maybe he could further his career by converting himself into a LWF. Biraghi did nothing worth mentioning, aside not letting Esposito take a freekick. I won't criticise him for it, though, because a) he's clearly the designated taker and b) Esposito is a pro now and deserves to be treated as one irrespective of his age. That means, of course, that he also has to act as one, which certainly doesn't include whining and begging his teammates to let him have his way because he's a child.

The defence had it easy for pretty much the whole game. Handanovic had probably long fallen asleep when Oliva surprised him with that snapshot, so I wouldn't comment on his (lack of) reaction. Skriniar was the best of the three CBs, always solid in defence and actively looking for any chance to join the attack in hopes of scoring the goal he's been waiting for almost two years. Quite ironically, the olive oil farmer/countryside resort owner/makeshift CF and occasionally CB Ranocchia didn't have problems finding the back of the net in what will probably be (one of) the last game(s) of his season. Godin was decent, not good because he made a few mistakes with the ball. Nothing outrageous, but still something you wouldn't expect from a player of his experience.

Lukaku played the whole game. Again. As I wrote above, there was no need for it. But Conte is stubborn and I doubt things will change in the future. And even if they would, it could be too late. Come on, Beppe, find a way to get Giroud (whom I like as a player, incidentally) here as soon as possible. Alexis is still rusty. He's got talent, but his legs didn't always respond to his brain. Let's hope he can get in form soon because we'll need a player with his characteristics. Esposito could have been given more time, considering the result. He still managed to show a few very good moves, though.

19. Thanks (4): Devious, Hasan, MVD, Palacio

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Random thought of the game: I love Ranocchia
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

21. Thanks (3): ChillBro, dax21, Palacio

Fav. Player
    JZ4, I9, MS37

Nigeria

I hope we can beat them just as convincingly when we face them in the league.

23. Thanks (2): Glass box, Universe

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Do rules apply?
    Apparently they do.. in the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    for 11m a year you can call me princess sheila while you dildo me in the ass every night, and i promise you my heart would be in it.

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    bad decision to play brozovic, lukaku or handa, they have to get some rest.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

wait a moment.. we did really scored from corner yesterday and it was fucking Rannochia to score. We have players like Godin, Skriniar, De Vrij that almost never scores from corners...what the fuck man
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

27. Thanks (1): varmin

Fav. Player
    MANY

Lebanon

Man Barella is a beast...he makes me question things sometimes
    Nerazzurri's One and Only Hoe

Netherlands

Christ almighty we avoided Atalanta

Italy

We will play against fiorentina in San Siro, Wednesday 29th, 20.45 c.e.t. (unless they decide to make a last minute change in the schedule).

Before the beginning of the season there was a draw specifically for coppa Italia and to each Serie A team was given a number: the one team with the lowest number plays at home, which was the case for us against both Cagliari and fiorentina.

Of course, this doesn't apply when one of the two teams isn't from Serie A, but this isn't the case.

Only the semifinals are two legged, the final is played in Rome at the olimpico stadium.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

31. Thanks (3): Glass box, MVD, Strale

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Atalanta next, LOL
    You win jinx of the month, congratulations! And thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    for 11m a year you can call me princess sheila while you dildo me in the ass every night, and i promise you my heart would be in it.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    We will play against fiorentina in San Siro, Wednesday 29th, 20.45 c.e.t. (unless they decide to make a last minute change in the schedule).

Before the beginning of the season there was a draw specifically for coppa Italia and to each Serie A team was given a number: the one team with the lowest number plays at home, which was the case for us against both Cagliari and fiorentina.

Of course, this doesn't apply when one of the two teams isn't from Serie A, but this isn't the case.

Only the semifinals are two legged, the final is played in Rome at the olimpico stadium.
    Thank fuck it's at San Siro, because I'm not ready for a Fiorentina equalizer in injury time for the fourth straight time at the Artemio Franchi.

34. Thanks (1): Glass box