Thread: Ashley Young

Netherlands

Ashley Young

whatever

2. Thanks (6): Devious, MVD, n4l, Palacio, Strale, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

4. Thanks (3): DARi0, Devious, MVD

Poland

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Watched dude milion times and he was always solid, nothing sensational but who is at Manchester?

He can play, very technical from his Winger days, he is old but let’s hope he can help. This Biraghi thing is not helping going forward.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

8. Thanks (2): Eddie, MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    I actually prefer Darmian over Young and i hate Darmian.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

10. Thanks (2): crzdcolombian, MVD

Italy

i'm always very skeptical when it comes to english players in serie A. i guess i'll have to trust conte on this one.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Trash signing
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossati
    Every time an interesting player from another team expresses any interest in us, we start acting like beggars - ausilio certainly looks the part: unshaved, always looks like he hasn't slept in days, I wouldn't be surprised if he smells - and constantly try to get the deal done with lowball offers.

14. Thanks (1): n4l

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    I actually prefer Darmian over Young and i hate Darmian.
    Darmian suffers from chronic injuries. Young is almost 35 years old, but he is fast and technical (just compare with Candreva). And Ashley can play on both wings so he will help us.

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Singapore

I actually have no problem with this signing. Cheap and he's not finished despite being 34. I've watched him many times and he doesn't seem like a player who is affected much by his age. Still fit, fast, strong, experienced, technical, and professional. At this point, it's not actually bad considering all the shitty wing backs that we have. He is probably on par or maybe slightly better than our best wing back Candreva (can't believe I'm saying this).

The reason people here shit on him before even seeing him kick a football with us is due to the fact that he's English (FIF hate English and EPL) and his age. I always find it funny that people don't mind Nainggolan, Vidal or Modric who are old as well, but not Young. He can be useful here for 2 seasons at least.

18. Thanks (1): GenDire

Fav. Player
    MANY

Lebanon

Useless utterly useless signing!

Even my 1 year old nephew would be more useful than this guy will ever be
    Nerazzurri's One and Only Hoe

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyclifton View Post
    I always find it funny that people don't mind Nainggolan, Vidal or Modric who are old as well, but not Young.
    The only thing funny about this sentence is the bolded part.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

21. Thanks (3): GenDire, MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

What’s up with us trying to take Man U’s unwanted players off their hands? It almost feels like a marketing scheme. Maybe since Man U is one if the biggest clubs in the world with a huge fanbase in Asia we are trying to get our name attached to theirs to get some coverage?
    Ajax just thrashed Juve!! Fuck whoever uses the 'experience' excuse for signing bunch of mediocre 30+ year olds who do nothing other than laying in the treatment room and demanding high wages.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    What’s up with us trying to take Man U’s unwanted players off their hands? It almost feels like a marketing scheme. Maybe since Man U is one if the biggest clubs in the world with a huge fanbase in Asia we are trying to get our name attached to theirs to get some coverage?
    Both Sanchez and Lukaku made sense. This just doesn't.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I don't like this deal. But its a low cost, short term deal so am not too fussed. We are basically buying a "Candreva" for the left. And yes, I do consider Young to be an improvement on Biraghi, however sad that is.

Of course, I would much rather Inter get Alonso. Its always better to spend more and get quality, than keep spending small change on mediocre or short term fixes. That small change adds up over time.

25. Thanks (2): delaurentis, Rain

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    The only thing funny about this sentence is the bolded part.
    Well, Conte is looking for a quick temporary fix and this is why he wants Young. No harm considering he doesn't cost much.

Sometimes I get tired of being optimistic and excited about young and supposedly promising players with a huge transfer fee only turning out to be shit or not good enough. Lazaro comes to mind. I know he has not been given enough chance, but whenever he gets the chance, he has never really looked convincing to me. Dude is clumsy as fuck and appears clueless most of the time.

27. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Zanetti,Ronaldo

Indonesia

as long as Young is as good as Candreva for our left flank then i dont see it as a problem. and he surely wont cost us much money. this signing might be a good decision for short term to solve our left WB issue.
    shape of inter to come

29. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Both Sanchez and Lukaku made sense. This just doesn't.
    What would you do without looking back?

Forget about Lazaro and 20 millions, what would you? we don't have money and plus I don't see great wing back at the market who is actually worth 20-30 millions.

Young is not expensive, quick fix who will be easy to offload if doesn't work.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    What would you do without looking back?

Forget about Lazaro and 20 millions, what would you? we don't have money and plus I don't see great wing back at the market who is actually worth 20-30 millions.

Young is not expensive, quick fix who will be easy to offload if doesn't work.
    Just not make the signing.

We have Asamoah, Biraghi and Dimarco. They decided to spend 22m on Lazaro for no reason to be a reserve in a position he's never been comfortable in whilst we also had D'Ambrosio for that spot. There's no need to make a transfer here however "low" you find the cost. Because in June this guy won't be able to be moved out and his big fat contract will reside at the Appiano Gentile for 12 months along with his potential roster spot. Just do nothing, we have the numbers to go through the season with that position, worst case scenario you can use Lazaro, Candreva or D'Ambrosio there at some points until Asamoah returns.

This transfer is net negative. Adds very little, if at all and at a high price (contract is expected to be 3m net, that's twice as much as Lautaro makes and slightly lower than Skriniar's new deal!!)

Conte uomo di merda

32. Thanks (1): Batman

Netherlands

We needed another RWB. D'Ambrosio is inadequate for the position because he offers absolutely nothing going forward and as a result can't provide the width necessary for this formation to work.

Choosing to spend 20 million on Lazaro instead of less money on someone like Victor Moses doesn't make much sense, in hindsight

34. Thanks (2): Il Drago, MVD

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Nerazzurri's Hoe. View Post
    Useless utterly useless signing!

Even my 1 year old nephew would be more useful than this guy will ever be
    i love both your avatar and your username.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

36. Thanks (2): MVD, Nerazzurri's Hoe.