Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Olivier Giroud

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Alex de Large View Post
    good way to destroy any chance Esposito could had.

sanchez-giroud will be the first subs.
    A team like Inter shouldnt be relying on a 17 year old for scoring depth. Cmon man.

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Forzanerazzurri View Post
    A team like Inter shouldnt be relying on a 17 year old for scoring depth. Cmon man.
    If he was at Chievo and scored 4 goals you’d all be blowing him and asking us to drop 40 mil on a 17 year old

If he was doing it in Argentina then you’d double team the kid with your gfs haha
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

3. Thanks (1): Materazzi_23

Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Esposito is nowhere near ready to contribute at this level and we shouldn't be putting pressure on him at such an early age, I think a loan move would suit him.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

5. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Forzanerazzurri View Post
    If he's good enough, he's old enough.

How many goals Sanchez and Giroud scored the last 2 years in the league? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with these 2 as back-up for now but we don't have any guarantee they will do better just because they are older.

7. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    If he's good enough, he's old enough.

How many goals Sanchez and Giroud scored the last 2 years in the league? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with these 2 as back-up for now but we don't have any guarantee they will do better just because they are older.
    We are not saying they will do better because they are older.
    We are saying they will do better because one is STILL the leading striker of the France NT who won the world cup and is the top candidate to win the EURO and the other has given almost single handily Chile 2 south american titles and has played and scored a lot for the likes of Arsenal and Barcelona recently.

While the kid still needs the help of his big bully friend to take a penalty or free kick during the match. Lets be real please....

Fav. Player
    LN Ronaldo dL

Slovenia

Esposito is ok, but hes not good enough to be our 4th attacking option. Sanchez rerurned after 3 months and in those 70 minutes showed more than Esposito did in pretty much all the games he played. Giroud did not score much in the league, but he did score 11 goals in europa league last year, so i am much more confident if he plays than Esposito, who should be send on a loan next season and get more playing time.

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by junior55 View Post
    We are not saying they will do better because they are older.
    We are saying they will do better because one is STILL the leading striker of the France NT who won the world cup and is the top candidate to win the EURO and the other has given almost single handily Chile 2 south american titles and has played and scored a lot for the likes of Arsenal and Barcelona recently.
    As I said I'm happy with these as back-ups but we shouldn't act as if they are far superior to Esposito based on their recent displays. Esposito is very talented and we shouldn't waste these kind of players. Giroud isn't a starter for a couple of years at his clubs. That Giroud is the leading striker of the NT of France is another debate but you are right at that point. But what is your definition of recently? Sanchez is not performing good for like 3 years now? We all know that he was an amazing player, unfortunately he hasn't showed this for a while and we just don't have the guarantee that Sanchez will ever be half the player he was.

I'm not saying he should be a starter, but yes I'd rather give more chances to youngsters then keep hoping old players will reach their level they had a few years ago. Some goes for the wingbacks or any other position. But I'm from Holland, where the average age of the clubs is 22 and where a 18-year old boy captains his club to the semi final of the CL so we probably have other opinions about bringing in youth.

Serbia

The way Pinamonti, Radu, Salcedo, Emmers and Karamoh have been developing in other clubs... I'm really growing against loans in this particular function. They are not a sure thing for developing a player or confirming whether he has the ability.. Unless it's a loan to a decent mid-table team that happens to be in a dire need of a starting player, I wouldn't loan Esposito.
    Play him in Coppa, in early EL matches against literally whos, start him against relegation squads in the league and give 25 minutes in matches where we have multiple goal leads. One year crash course at Inter would be better than three years in Genoa. This is a player that undoubtedly has talent, loves the club and is almost certainly a great player in the making. It's all about accelerating that development now and what better place for that than Scudetto-contending club like Inter, under Conte.

My impression isn't that Conte is afraid of using Esposito as a 4th striker, my impression instead is that Giroud is a contingency in case of Sanchez likely getting injured again.

12. Thanks (3): Materazzi_23, MVD, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Yeah, I am not a big fan of loans either. Mostly coz many of these small clubs get players on loan to fill up their bench options. I rather prefer the structure of selling young players and keeping a buy back option. That way, there is something in it for the small club to focus on developing the player.

14. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, Raul Duke, rfU

Fav. Player
    LN Ronaldo dL

Slovenia

his agent is in Milano per L'Equipe.

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    DONE. Nicolò Schira has revealed that the deal between Inter and Chelsea has been confirmed and the 33-year-old will move to San Siro for €5m plus €1.5m in add-ons.

The agent has allegedly arrived at the San Siro to close the personal terms of the deal before the French attacker will travel to Milan to finalise the last formalities of the proposed move.

The former Arsenal player will arrive “in the next 48 to 72 hours for his medical” as the report confirms he will leave Stamford Bridge.

The Gazzetta dello Sport journalist reveals that Giroud will receive a salary of €4m plus bonuses a year with the Nerazzurri and has agreed to sign a two-and-a-half-year contract.
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Why are we acting as if the mercato ends tonight? I don't remember so much transfer activity in a single day before.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

18. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Why are we acting as if the mercato ends tonight? I don't remember so much transfer activity in a single day before.
    Cause Marotta wants to chill with his ballz out the rest of January telling everyone to suck them...

20. Thanks (1): Puma

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    If the fax machine is broken (again) we have time to fix...

22. Thanks (2): diamen, Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    The way Pinamonti, Radu, Salcedo, Emmers and Karamoh have been developing in other clubs... I'm really growing against loans in this particular function. They are not a sure thing for developing a player or confirming whether he has the ability.. Unless it's a loan to a decent mid-table team that happens to be in a dire need of a starting player, I wouldn't loan Esposito.
    Play him in Coppa, in early EL matches against literally whos, start him against relegation squads in the league and give 25 minutes in matches where we have multiple goal leads. One year crash course at Inter would be better than three years in Genoa. This is a player that undoubtedly has talent, loves the club and is almost certainly a great player in the making. It's all about accelerating that development now and what better place for that than Scudetto-contending club like Inter, under Conte.

My impression isn't that Conte is afraid of using Esposito as a 4th striker, my impression instead is that Giroud is a contingency in case of Sanchez likely getting injured again.

Well this is discussed many time in other threads but there is no special formula to develop the kids but one thing is sure. Either you have a system which is built to develop them ( think ajax , barcelona and to some extend Atalanta) which means from youth system to 1st team you nurture a philosophy and create the envionrment for the kids to develop into or you don't and then it depends on the kid.

The examples you threw there are actually wrong in my opinion. Except Emmers , Even surprisingly enough Pinamonti , Radu and Salcedo/Karamoah (until the injury) were given a lot of trust in the 1st half of the season. Pinamonti was the leading striker for Genoa ffs and the year before for Frosinone.
    Honestly he didn't do anything , why should we think that being the 5th striker for us in the last 2 years would have done to him more good. At the end of the day is about exploiting chances man . It is like this in football such as in life.

Zaniolo was no one , he was given a chance at roma due to injuries , he impressed and now he is Zaniolo.
    Kulusevski was not considered ready even by Atalanta who usually puts in youngsters , was given a chance by Parma , he impressed now he is bought by Juve.

Its not an easy task to be an inter player lol. Only a few have that potential. FFS , even some of our current players are not worthy of being Inter players so we shouldn't expect that all our youth product become 1st team players.

Anyway to not go out of topic , Espositio is just 17. There is a lot of time for him to grow under the umbrella of Lukakua. Giroud is a very valid option for us if we are going to win anything this year. And when the time of Espositio comes (if he fullfills his potential) Giroud will be out of contract.

24. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    It's best for Esposito to learn from these guys. The bond with Lukaku, watching him and Lautaro to play and train. Now comes in World Cup winner Giroud with his experience. I don't think it's a bad spot for Esposito to learn his trade. He's so young that he has plenty of time to play games in the future.

As for Giroud, he's going to be the vice-Lukaku for the next 2,5 years. It's locked now and we need to hope he doesn't drop the ball when it comes to training and physical ability. He's going to be a useful player for us I'm sure of it.

26. Thanks (1): Irequis

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassuolu View Post
    We only have 3 players over 30 in our starting line up: Candreva, Godin and Asamoah.

But yes, rEtIrEmEnT hOmE.
    Valero, Sanches, Dambro, etc.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    LN Ronaldo dL

Slovenia

Sky - Inter has to sell Politano or Barbosa first and then they can get Giroud.

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by IM21 View Post
    Did Sky mention who we have to sell to get Eriksen?
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

31. Thanks (4): Fitzy, MVD, n4l, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IM21 View Post
    Why
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

33. Thanks (1): I4E