View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

8 11.11%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

0 0%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

0 0%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

13 18.06%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

25 34.72%
  • 5 - Completely average player

9 12.50%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 11.11%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

8 11.11%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

1 1.39%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Young

Fav. Player
    Skriniar37

Indonesia

What a player he is.

Forever Young
    Lautaro Martínez: Argentina's next big thing
    Milan Skriniar : Next Best Defender In The World

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cuchu

Hong Kong

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    He's surprised me quite positively, but he can't speak any Italian yet, as far as I can tell. Every time I've heard him speak during a match, it was in English, be it with teammates, opponents or the ref. That's got to be working against him. I noticed even Eriksen called 'mano' to the ref after his freekick hit some guy's arm.
    I noticed the same. But then his performance speaks for himself.

I don't think this whole English speaking thing is bad. When faced with weaker "provincial" teams, I'd even prefer the coach to give instructions in English so as to conceal our tactical changes. We have a squad that's quite capable (and educated) to understand English, barring Brozo of course.
    Grazie Ragazzi

Forza Inter

Italy

Speaking of English, the few English players of Serie A in the past have often struggled, while young adapted beautifully.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

His goal today is exactly what politano was trying to do all year long for us last season.

Called this dude a scrub when he came in. Given his low cost, cant say the same now.

5. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, ciamac, Nothing

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cuchu

Hong Kong

10 years of FIF
    4 goals + 4 assists in Serie A. 1 goal + 1 assist in Europa League.

Only half a season. Came to a new country during a pandemic. Biggest surprise for sure.
    Grazie Ragazzi

Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Speaking of English, the few English players of Serie A in the past have often struggled, while young adapted beautifully.
    Probably because Bastoni never expect him to help at defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Just start Eriksen you fat vag
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

The decision to shoot was annoying. He could have gotten closer to the box, he could have passed to Dumbro who was in better position. The GK could have saved it had he better positioned himself.

P.s. I'm kidding , a grandissimo goal Ashley

10. Thanks (2): MVD, _OC_

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    His goal reminded me of Jovetic vs Atalanta.

12. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Netherlands

Four months of genuinely quality football. A few errors sprinkled in, but overall a guy who impacted the matches he played in positively. Just really impressive.

Fav. Player
    Solskjćr

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    It's great to watch him do well, gives everything on the pitch and this wing back role suits him so well. He was attacking left winger who won PL young player of the year and was in PL team of the year as LW, started over Di Maria, then started to play as LB and played well. He is a great professional. Apart from CB and GK he played in every position.

Hopefully he will win Serie A before he retires.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by uny_arturo View Post
    4 goals + 4 assists in Serie A. 1 goal + 1 assist in Europa League.

Only half a season. Came to a new country during a pandemic. Biggest surprise for sure.
    Pretty damn good return for a guy in his mid-30s in a brand new league. He couldn’t handle a full workload at his age but he’s a good asset to the squad.

16. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

If we don't keep him, I will lose my shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    i thought we'd already triggered his extension

19. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Greece

He's definitely been a positive acquisition. His role next season should be more limited, he's a liability against stronger teams but his grit has been influential against minnows.

But let's not forget that we're paying him almost twice as much as Lautaro currently earns, to give some perspective.

I think having Lukaku here and to some extent the arrival of Moses has helped him settle, otherwise he probably could have struggled as he has shown zero willingness to learn even the most basic Italian.

21. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    El Torture

Europe

It's nice to have a fine wine in the squad.

23. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, thatdude

United States

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    He's definitely been a positive acquisition. His role next season should be more limited, he's a liability against stronger teams but his grit has been influential against minnows.

But let's not forget that we're paying him almost twice as much as Lautaro currently earns, to give some perspective.

I think having Lukaku here and to some extent the arrival of Moses has helped him settle, otherwise he probably could have struggled as he has shown zero willingness to learn even the most basic Italian.
    Goals against Lazio and Atalanta though. Not bad for a liability against the bigger teams.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Goals against Lazio and Atalanta though. Not bad for a liability against the bigger teams.
    Offensively all wing backs have the luxury of being the extra man and having many chances to enter into scoring chances.

I am obviously talking about his defensive output here. He does have to carry the entire flank, as all wing backs in this system.

26. Thanks (1): MVD

United States

I knew what you meant I just wanted to mention that, because goals do change games. He does struggle at times defensively no doubt but it’s almost impossible to find a perfectly balanced wingback.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Pretty sure I bitched when he was signed. My bad and great signing. Hope he has another year in the tank. But defiantly need a better starter to get out of Champions league group stage and beat Juve next season
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

He probably won the most trophies of all of our players (next to Sanchez, who I don't know if he is ours already) and it kinda shows. He is a hard worker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.