View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

8 11.11%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

0 0%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

0 0%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

13 18.06%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

25 34.72%
  • 5 - Completely average player

9 12.50%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

8 11.11%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

8 11.11%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

1 1.39%
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashley Young

Netherlands

Ashley Young

MILAN – Ashley Young is officially an Inter player. The 34-year-old English defender arrives from Manchester United and has signed a contract lasting until 30 June 2020 with an option to extend for a further season.

“I want to become a professional footballer.” Ashley Young certainly had no need to repeat himself. He was just 16 years old, but readily admitted to his teacher at school that he had no plan B. Instead, his whole life was football ever since he joined the Stevenage Colts aged five, his local football team in the same town where Lewis Hamilton grew up, with both stars attending the same school.

But fast cars weren’t a priority for Ashley: for him it was all about football. Whether that was playing on the street with his brothers until it got dark, or in the living room, using the sofa as a goal. He used to dream of being as great as Ian Wright, the legendary Arsenal centre-forward. When he was ten, he jumped at the chance to train with Watford’s youth academy. Every day, he’d travel 40km there and 40km back, right up until the age 16. This was his first real test as a player and adolescent. It was also his first taste of being a part-time footballer, as he would attend school in the mornings before then training in the afternoon with Watford’s Under-16s and Under-17s. All the while, adults tried to explain to him that he should think of alternatives to football, although Young was determined throughout – a characteristic that has set him apart throughout his career.

This soon led to him making his debut at Watford, sealing promotion to the Premier League before then becoming Aston Villa’s most expensive signing in 2007. He was relentless, whether that be on the wing or in attack. Sir Alex Ferguson soon came calling in 2011 and since his move to the Red Devils, he made 261 appearances and scored 19 goals. His United honours’ list also includes one Premier League (2012/13, Sir Alex’s last league title), one FA Cup, one League Cup, three Community Shields and one Europa League.

As a speedy and skilful winger, he’s good at crossing and can beat a man. However, as he’s matured, so has his game, as he’s become increasingly defensive. An example of this has been his time spent at wing-back in a five-man midfield – a role embraced to such an extent that he was named as the best left-back at the 2018 World Cup.

Young now becomes the third English player to ever play for Inter, following in the footsteps of Gerry Hitchens and Paul Ince. The former played for Inter as a striker from 1961 to 1963, scoring 20 goals in 43 appearances while also winning one Scudetto. As for the Guv’nor, Ince spent two seasons at Inter from 1995 to 1997, making 73 appearances with a goalscoring tally of 13. As for Young’s international career, he’s scored seven goals in 39 matches for the Three Lions.

As a keen campaigner against racism, Young has led from the front for Manchester United – recently wearing the captain’s armband for the past three seasons. However, he’s now ready for a new adventure and on behalf of the entire Nerazzurri family, we’d like to wish our new signing all the very best.

#WelcomeAshley!
    https://www.inter.it/en/news/2020/01...er-player.html

2. Thanks (3): Devious, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Vieri*

UK

29 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Y'all should welcome our ONLY signing of the winter transfer window
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Welcome! Don't let us down. Make us use the option for the extension year!

5. Thanks (3): eduzee, Maicon, Rain

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Run like a horse for half a year and then please leave room for Meunier.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

7. Thanks (5): Eddie, eduzee, Guz, Maicon, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Will he be the new Naga and Vecino? That gets all the hate regardless of performance?

Bizarre signing
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Great choice of Young to choose #15. I guess he will follow in the footsteps of other great Inter players who chose that number.

Olivier Dacourt. Rene Krhin. Andrea Ranocchia. Vidic. Ansaldi.
    Joao Mario.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

Fav. Player
    sdv,skri,epic

Ukraine

Bench Biraghi please.
    Calma ragazzi

11. Thanks (3): forzainter257, kurt0411, Maicon

Fav. Player
    Barella

Switzerland

Welcome! Given the competition in our squad I expect you to start...
    C‘è solo l‘Inter

Fav. Player
    Barella
    Old name
    the dude

Sweden

A very Patrice Evra @ Juve type of transfer.

Nothing against it to be honest. He is quality player. For ~15 games he should be good.
    Guacamole

Canada

Fuck.

15. Thanks (3): Edward., Javier'sSon, Universe

Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

Finland

72 10 years of FIF
    Nice 5 month holiday in the city of Milan and hopefully thats it.
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini

17. Thanks (2): Universe, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Slovak Republic

who cares about his age, he will be forever Young

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

Rather him than Sicknotezzola but this feel so uninspired.

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Fucking scrub,sadly we might be signing only scrubs this mercato (him and giroud)
    Anyone knows what his salary is?

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

What I am feeling right now

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

22. Thanks (4): crzdcolombian, Fitzy, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Škriniar

Italy

Welcome, I guess.
    Honestly, I'm not enthused by any of the wingbacks we've been linked to in this mercato, and Young makes no exception. I realise you can't be picky in January - especially when you're on a tight budged - but all these rumours for the WBs positions (both in and out) give me the feeling that we're just throwing shit against the walls in hopes some of it may stick. I can live with it as a short term solution, but I insist we should do whatever we can to take Meunier on a free for next season. Big Rom, put in a nice word, will you? And if we can't get the Belgian, we'll still need to sign at least one really good starting WB for next season. Assuming we'll stick with the 3-5-2 formation, that is.

As for Young, he could have easily signed the extension United offered him. The fact that he opted instead for a 6-months loan in a new Country and a new league during which he will have to earn himself a contract for next season at least shows a good degree of self-esteem on his part. But I didn't expect anything less from someone who was once shat in the mouth by a pigeon and still carried on playing as if nothing had happened. Anyway, we probably decided to sign him because Asamoah is so fucked up that our medical staff has lost all hope on him. I also think we wanted someone more experienced (at high levels) than Biraghi on the left, so I expect Young to play quite regularly until the end of the season.

24. Thanks (3): GenDire, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Welcome. Not hyped at all but im open to surprises so surprise me. At least he is versatile and cheap.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

If this fuck has the legs and the balls to move forward on the pitch, hes gonna be our new favourite player.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

India

Didn't he only play on the right at United?

Seems less sensible if he is coming here just to replace Lazaro and give competition to Candreva

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Lol what a transfer
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards