View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

14 10.00%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

45 32.14%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

73 52.14%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

4 2.86%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

1 0.71%
  • 5 - Completely average player

0 0%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

0 0%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

1 0.71%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

2 1.43%
Page 88 of 120 FirstFirst ... 38788586878889909198 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2400

Thread: Christian Eriksen

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Icardi was team captain, he gets to talk with the management without asking anyone.
    Via the public via Wanda via Tiki Taka via Mediaset
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Via the public via Wanda via Tiki Taka via Mediaset
    I laughed at that comment also. Brehme clearly applies different rules for different players just to suit his arguments. It is tiresome and I really do not care about spending my time arguing such triflings with him.

3. Thanks (1): syrus

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Of course I am referring to the incidents that followed after the PSV game until early February where Icardi would meet a lot with Marotta and the team managers, but sure, do your thing and make everything seem like a silly joke.

Also, the thing about Eriksen is that when you are a normal member of the team, unless you are with your agent present usually to discuss a contract situation, which again isn't really the norm, you need permission from your manager and team manager to speak with the boss. Eriksen either because he has zero trust towards Conte or because he got familiarized with Levy back at Tottenham where he'd even call him just to have dinner casually, simply went to the management and said he is unhappy at the coach's treatment.

Conte got mad no matter what the reasoning was. And Eriksen ever since has been quite vocal about this. Prior to this incident he hardly said anything other than "new league, new system".
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

5. Thanks (1): Fetajogger

Italy

After the interviews i read this weekend from Conte and Marotta, i think that we'll sell him in January ...

I really hope we'll sell him by loan. My fear is that Conte will not be our coatch next year, so Eriksen could become really important for our next coatch (Allegri?), Therefore i don't want to sell him definitely.

7. Thanks (4): delaurentis, eduzee, thatdude, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BasedGodPunk View Post
    If I’m Eriksen and Conte starts Gagliardini over me vs Real Madrid I’d refuse to play again as long as I’m here. Like not even sit on the bench type of refusal. This whole situation is just proof Conte values himself over the good of the club and anyone in it. And in how many cases has that circumstance ever worked out good for either side?
    Don't worry about that. Eriksen won't play again for Inter. The sooner people realise it the better it will be for their sanity. It has become obvious in the last 3 games when he's behind even Nainggolan in the pecking order who doesn't give a fuck in training. Conte is doing everything he can to force Eriksen out. He did the same with Skriniar but sadly for him Levy was too cheap and only made ridiculous offers.

It's also pretty clear Conte only cares about himself. That's why he's trying to oversell last season achievements. He's already focused on his next job and that's why he's advertising finishing second with Inter last season as something extraordinary. You can't claim you want the good of the club while you attack the management in public. If you care about the club, you don't waste a huge investment simply because the management refused to satisfy your request. For Conte Eriksen was the living reminder Marotta refused to get him Vidal. He never wanted Eriksen at Inter and that's why implementing him in the squad failed so badly. He used him only because he was forced to and he had no problem dropping him as soon as possible.

Has Eriksen underperformed in his first months at Inter? Sure he has. But he isn't getting benched by players who are in great form and deserve to start over him. He is getting benched from Roberto freaking Gagliardini. What is Gagliardini offering exactly? Goals? Assists? Forward runs? Creativity? Dynamism? Defensive stability?

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Why the fuck do we keep on sending away technically gifted mids who are good passers after the shortest of stints. While Dms who can barely make a pass can suck for 3 years and still be starters here (gags Medel) beyond me.

Anyways as much as i blame conte for this for being a stubborn fuck and not utilizing his squad in the best way. This is on Marotta 100%, he knew Conte and he knows exactly what kind of players conte likes he should have known that the most stubborn coach in the game aint gonna play a player he does not rate even if he s superior to all the other alternatives. The fact that radja still plays while eriksen gets to warm up and sit back on the bench should tell you everything....

Once again we re gonna look like clowns for signing a great player at a good price and then not utilize him at all so that we have to sell him at a loss or even worse loan him out while paying his salary. As much as we celebrated when we signed him this has been an absolute shit signing and thats on marotta.
    Yes conte is the Idiot for not using him but marotta should have known.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Don't worry about that. Eriksen won't play again for Inter. The sooner people realise it the better it will be for their sanity. It has become obvious in the last 3 games when he's behind even Nainggolan in the pecking order who doesn't give a fuck in training. Conte is doing everything he can to force Eriksen out. He did the same with Skriniar but sadly for him Levy was too cheap and only made ridiculous offers.

It's also pretty clear Conte only cares about himself. That's why he's trying to oversell last season achievements. He's already focused on his next job and that's why he's advertising finishing second with Inter last season as something extraordinary. You can't claim you want the good of the club while you attack the management in public. If you care about the club, you don't waste a huge investment simply because the management refused to satisfy your request. For Conte Eriksen was the living reminder Marotta refused to get him Vidal. He never wanted Eriksen at Inter and that's why implementing him in the squad failed so badly. He used him only because he was forced to and he had no problem dropping him as soon as possible.

Has Eriksen underperformed in his first months at Inter? Sure he has. But he isn't getting benched by players who are in great form and deserve to start over him. He is getting benched from Roberto freaking Gagliardini. What is Gagliardini offering exactly? Goals? Assists? Forward runs? Creativity? Dynamism? Defensive stability?
    Although I agree, the impetus should aslo be on Eriksen to fight for a place. I get the impression that he expected the Kaku treatment, to just walk into the starting 11 and Conte would make the needed adjustments to complement his game. The world rarely works like that, more often than not you have fight tooth and nail just to get what you deserve. Eriksen hasn't given me the impression that he's ready work hard and adjust his game, in fact he looks content to do the bare minimum and then wait on his six figure check at the end of the month. If that's the case then I don't want a player like that at Inter.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

11. Thanks (1): Puma

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Europe

9 10 years of FIF
    He is not the first person who was hired by a company but didn’t get along with his boss. The difference is normal people make around 60,000 Euros per year and this guy makes 7 million.

What would you do when you don’t get along with your boss? Either you try your best to impress him or you resign and go someplace else.

Happens all the time. It seems though that Erikssen has chosen the second option instead of trying harder.

As someone who has worked in different countries and had to learn other languages, I would tell you that it is almost impossible to be active and get involved with your colleagues without learning the language. At work they communicate with each other and organize things that you would only later find out. Outside the work they hang out and go out with each other. You are as useless/useful as a tree. You are just there wasting oxygen. You do nothing, say nothing.
    He doesn’t seem to be the active kind like Lukaku. Lukaku has already learned the language, gets involved, tries to hang out with his teammates, look at his rapport with his teammates and look at Erikssen’s. Erikssen seems like a shy quiet guy.

Look at him on the pitch, he seems lost. Reminds me of my self when I moved to Germany. My colleagues were talking and laughing and I was just nodding along having absolutely no clue what they were talking about.

He needs to learn Italian if he wants to see “what he’s dreamed of”.
    Last edited by Ronaldo; 23 Nov 20 at 10:59.
    Ajax just thrashed Juve!! Fuck whoever uses the 'experience' excuse for signing bunch of mediocre 30+ year olds who do nothing other than laying in the treatment room and demanding high wages.

13. Thanks (1): rfU

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    He is not the first person who was hired by a company but didn’t get along with his boss. The difference is normal people make around 60,000 Euros per year and this guy makes 7 million.

What would you do when you don’t get along with your boss? Either you try your best to impress him or you resign and go someplace else.

Happens all the time. It seems though that Erikssen has chosen the second option instead of trying harder.

As someone who has worked in different countries and had to learn other languages, I would tell you that it is almost impossible to be active and get involved with your colleagues without learning the language. At work they communicate with each other and organize things that you would only later find out. Outside the work they hang out and go out with each other. You are as useless/useful as a tree. You are just there wasting oxygen. You do nothing, say nothing.
    He doesn’t seem to be the active kind like Lukaku. Lukaku has already learned the language, gets involved, tries to hang out with his teammates, look at his rapport with his teammates and look at Erikssen’s. Erikssen seems like a shy quiet guy.

Look at him on the pitch, he seems lost. Reminds me of my self when I moved to Germany. My colleagues were talking and laughing and I was just nodding along having absolutely no clue what they were talking about.

He needs to learn Italian if he wants to see “what he’s dreamed of”.
    Enough players should have a decent enough grasp of english including the coach so basic communication shouldn't be a problem. Ashley Young and Victor Moses didn't need to learn Italian. Biesla has only just recently grasped english but is still reliant on an interpreter. Tevez barely spoke english or portugese. I'm certain most foreign players in China haven't bothered to learn the language. I too have worked or lived in countries where I didn't speak the language. So while I agree, I think it depends on the job and in this instance being fluent in Italian is not a prerequisite. So while it may affect his social life it shouldn't affect Eriksen's on the pitch performance.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    Enough players should have a decent enough grasp of english including the coach so basic communication shouldn't be a problem. Ashley Young and Victor Moses didn't need to learn Italian. Biesla has only just recently grasped english but is still reliant on an interpreter. Tevez barely spoke english or portugese. I'm certain most foreign players in China haven't bothered to learn the language. I too have worked or lived in countries where I didn't speak the language. So while I agree, I think it depends on the job and in this instance being fluent in Italian is not a prerequisite. So while it may affect his social life it shouldn't affect Eriksen's on the pitch performance.
    As a Borusse, you certainly remember Immobile struggles at Dortmund because of the language.

16. Thanks (2): MVD, rfU

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    As a Borusse, you certainly remember Immobile struggles at Dortmund because of the language.
    I think culture shock was the issue here and might well be the case for Eriksen. I remember Paco's German was pretty much non-existent so Reus had to learn a bit of Spanish lol. End of the day it's up to Eriksen. How bad does he want to stay at Inter.

18. Thanks (1): Il Drago

Vietnam

Marotta just says Eriksen tells him he wants to leave in January. Not surprised why Conte hasn’t given him a single minute. His mind is no longer here.

Sigh... sad.

20. Thanks (2): eduzee, MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post

There is no proof Eriksen hasn't tried harder. He has been simply replaced altogether by Gagliardini and even Nainggolan.

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Marotta just says Eriksen tells him he wants to leave in January. Not surprised why Conte hasn’t given him a single minute. His mind is no longer here.

Sigh... sad.
    Chicken or the egg dilemma here. Which came first, Eriksen's willingness to leave so Conte drops him or Conte dropping him so that's why he wants to leave. Given it started to happen already last summer, I'm leaning on the latter.

22. Thanks (3): delaurentis, Fetajogger, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Dude is donezo like Funzo. Shame.

Anyway. Any more talented players we can ruin? Messi perhaps?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

94 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Dude is donezo like Funzo. Shame.

Anyway. Any more talented players we can ruin? Messi perhaps?
    We usually only choose to ruin players under the age of 25. I'd recommend Mbappe next.

25. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Colombia

10 years to get a player on Sneijder‘s level and we do this to him.

In reality this is the midfield we have.
    Gagliardini - useless
    Sensi - broken
    Naingolan - lazy drunk
    Eriksen - not of Cuntes liking
    Brozo - inconsistent
    Vidal - still good enough but too old

Barella - our best midfielder that is not put in his best position

27. Thanks (4): DIN011, eduzee, Il Drago, Universe

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    You all forget Vecino, he is still our player
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

29. Thanks (3): dax21, Il Drago, Universe

Serbia

Nainggolan in the pecking order who doesn't give a fuck in training.
    Where does this come from? I've seen it mentioned both in forum and the whatsapp group way too much and I merely want to know the source of these claims.

31. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    As for Eriksen, I for one am totally sad and disappointed. I was fucking excited when he came, as he was one of my favorite midfielders, since 2013 was begging for him. He would be ideal if used right. Whos at fault, dunno and I dont even care tbh. Maybe it's him, maybe it's Conte, maybe he simply doesnt work in Serie A, simply doesnt matter. But at this point, it's best for everyone he leaves.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Where does this come from? I've seen it mentioned both in forum and the whatsapp group way too much and I merely want to know the source of these claims.
    https://twitter.com/Smg_1908/status/1330457469160714241

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

34. Thanks (2): ADRossi, dax21