View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

14 10.00%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

45 32.14%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

73 52.14%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

4 2.86%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

1 0.71%
  • 5 - Completely average player

0 0%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

0 0%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

1 0.71%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

2 1.43%
Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2400

Thread: Christian Eriksen

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    That's truly the dumbest excuse I've read for Conte yet...

He literally has almost 100 million euros worth of players eating bench who play rarely in Perisic, Naingolan and Eriksen. Any of these three getting successfully integrated into the team would be a 30 million dollar signing. The fact that he's demanding more when he doesn't even use what's available to him, and that is being used as an excuse is pathetic.
    The only dumb is you who replies to posts without reading the precedings.

Seedorf case again...

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

8 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    we don't have money
    We have money, but we cant manage it wisely.
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    We have money, but we cant manage it wisely.
    That's normally my sentiment but right now, no, we really don't have money
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    The only dumb is you who replies to posts without reading the precedings.
    Nah its the clown defending Conte and bitching about others not doing the same
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossati
    Every time an interesting player from another team expresses any interest in us, we start acting like beggars - ausilio certainly looks the part: unshaved, always looks like he hasn't slept in days, I wouldn't be surprised if he smells - and constantly try to get the deal done with lowball offers.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    That's normally my sentiment but right now, no, we really don't have money

Europe

61 10 years of FIF
    “We’ve had time to work with Eriksen on a tactical level in the position of playmaker, the one currently held by Marcelo Brozovic.

“I expect great things from him in that position.”

Finally Conte got it. Before Conte said that Eriksen cannot play in that position. Now Eriksen has "worked" with Conte enough to be ready for it. I am just afraid that Eriksen has been on the sideline too long that it might be very hard to get him confident again.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IRR26 View Post
    “We’ve had time to work with Eriksen on a tactical level in the position of playmaker, the one currently held by Marcelo Brozovic.

“I expect great things from him in that position.”

Finally Conte got it. Before Conte said that Eriksen cannot play in that position. Now Eriksen has "worked" with Conte enough to be ready for it. I am just afraid that Eriksen has been on the sideline too long that it might be very hard to get him confident again.
    If this experiments proves to be successful, it could be a dejavu with Brozovic case. Brozovic was on the verge of joining Sevilla in January but Suning blocked Pastore move to Inter so he ended up staying. Few weeks later Spalletti tried him as a regista for the first time ever and Brozovic finally found his role at Inter.
    #CONTEOUT

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Poland

in my opinion Eriksen is too soft to play as a regista. It's not only matter of passes, but also a lot of defensive contributions and tackles. But let's see tomorrow.

Europe

28 Forum Supporter
    Not like Brozo is a world beater in the defensive phase.

12. Thanks (1): varmin

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

94 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Not like Brozo is a world beater in the defensive phase.
    He works his ass off and is quite good tackling opponents. Neither things Eriksen is going to be useful at.

Frankly dropping Eriksen deeper is our only option at this point. Suning refuse to invest in the club, no one wants to buy Eriksen, and we need a midfielder. Square peg, round hole. Make it work 12M man.

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    It's not as if Eriksen hasn't played there before.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It's not as if Eriksen hasn't played there before.
    Oh...where and when?

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by surripere View Post
    Oh...where and when?
    Tottenham, before coming here, under Pochettino. Several games.

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Tottenham, before coming here, under Pochettino. Several games.
    As a regista, in front of a back four?

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by surripere View Post
    As a regista, in front of a back four?
    I think you are overthinking the term 'regista'. It does not mean playing in a sole role, in front of a back four. Nor a back three. It is irrelevant how many defenders there are behind you and how many midfielders next to you. It's just what Italians call a player who sits in front of the defense with a playmaking role.

So, when using English, the regista should be someone who drops deep to be the first person to collect the ball from the defense and organize the team's game from thereon. We have Brozovic for that. When we played with a back 4, the two center backs would be at the edge of the area, while Brozovic would be in front of Handanovic to receive the ball. If it went wide, it would usually create a triangle to reach Brozovic eventually. On offense, usually when the other team is parked, this role is effectively the same as any other playmaking role. Your task is to recycle possession. Eriksen already does this but he has the tendency of getting to the box which is the only thing he may have to restrict if he gets to play in this role for us but he still will get to lurk outside the box for a long range shot. And I trust him there more than Brozovic who's also quite good.

Now with De Vrij and the back 3, Brozovic's role is more limited than under Spalletti, so he's not really a true regista, the pure Italian way, but he's just the playmaker who sits between the defenders and the midfielders. The so called "deep playmaker". He still behaves like a regista sometimes because this is still Italy, but he's not instructed to play as such. In Italy, they don't have a different term for a simpler playmaking role, but since the role that does not overlap is the one where the player has to get in position to collect the ball from a teammate, being the first option available, wherever it is and not just wait until the rest of the team attempts to find him, the term "regista" entered the English football vocabulary.

There's too much confusion with these roles, especially using the English language which has extremely basic terminology and due to this, they want to bring over foreign terms that sometimes don't mean much in that context. I mean, when they learned this term they called freaking Michael Carrick a 'regista', but he was the epitome of "deep playmaker", far too static to be a proper regista. Eriksen on the other hand has all the characteristics to play as a regista if needed. Usually now Brozovic could be seen standing near De Vrij in front of the box to provide for a second option to play the ball.

My comment on Eriksen was both on the 3 man formation and him playing in that deep playmaking role. He played next to Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko etc there, with a back three behind him and he also played as an actual regista from time to time during games, but never saw him play a full game as regista. He runs as much as Brozovic historically, as surprising as this sounds to some, he has better passing and ball skills, so I don't see why this wasn't a thing, especially with guys like Barella, Vidal and Gagliardini able to defend for him, just like Pirlo was used under Conte. He's not terrible at defending, but I definitely wouldn't ask him to do it, it'd be a waste. Just like Lukaku isn't being asked to press as hard as the rest because he needs energy for his sprints.

In short, to answer your question, yes, Eriksen has played in the past in a deep playmaking role where he was closer to his own box to collect the ball. That's all there is to this "regista" talk. In setups with back 3 and back 4 as well. He did play in a more advanced role more often, but he has the characteristics to play deeper and be the first to collect the ball from the defense from deep.

P.S: Haven't really watched much of Denmark, but I think that was his role for several years as well, until recently.

P.S2: Not two months ago Conte said that a move to the "Pirlo role" would ruin Eriksen

#ConteOut

19. Thanks (2): Rain, surripere

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Ireland

I wasn't overthinking, I just wanted clarity as I don't ever recall seeing him play in such a position as we play it with Brozovic for Spurs or Denmark before — but, I stand correct if he has.

Malta

I literally suggested him to play regista a year ago, so glad to see we’re gonna give him a go there. To me it’s very simple, whenever he’s played behind the strikers he’s touched the ball the least times out of our midfielders...so what’s the point? Pirlo was never a good defender at all, if you protect him with 2 hard working midfielders this could work wonders. He’s going to see the most off the ball and could even pop up in shooting positions when he needs to

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Ireland

Pirlo was a defensive monster compared to Eriksen

Anyway, we'll see. It's nonetheless an interesting move, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

23. Thanks (1): diamen

Greece

https://futbolpulse.com/2016/10/12/i...osition-spurs/

Here's a 4+ year article of Eriksen switching to a deeper role at Tottenham. He's played in a deeper role in most of their European fixtures ever since. But he's always keen to attack of course.

[if you search Eriksen and "deep playmaker", "deeper role" etc you will find several mentions of this]

And you are underrating the impact his work ethic brings. He's not a great defender but he's not a hole. Pirlo was far weaker defensively than Eriksen.

The irony is that Pirlo was suggesting 2-3 months ago that Eriksen should play there and that "Conte knows where to play Eriksen", only to receive a response by Conte saying that Eriksen could not play there

#ConteOut