View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

14 10.00%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

45 32.14%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

73 52.14%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

4 2.86%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

1 0.71%
  • 5 - Completely average player

0 0%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

0 0%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

1 0.71%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

2 1.43%
Page 141 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4191131138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 2932

Thread: Christian Eriksen

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    This is the kind of playmaking and passing I expect for 7.5 wages

Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    Because free agents usually cost more in salary or bonuses, also he gives those demands to a lot of interested clubs and it was prob close to what he was gonna get had he renewed with Spurs.
    I get that, but why say it's not his fault we gave him those wages? He's partly to blame because that's what he demanded. If he asked for less, we would've given him less. I'm pretty sure no one else was interested in signing him, certainly LaLiga team passed on him, and he wasn't going to resign with Spurs. Perhaps we played our hand incorrectly, so credit to him.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Haha, you are asking it's the fault of the player who asks "too much"? Well, it's the market. You ask something, if you don't get it, you ask from someone else. If no one's giving you what you ask, you decrease your demand. That's probably what happened with Eriksen. Initial demand was surely higher than what it ended up being.

We ended up paying him 7.5m€ net and there's nothing wrong asking for that either. The point has been all along we aren't utilizing Eriksen up to his ALL abilities and his wage, because his wage is based on the ALL the stuff he can do, not just the stuff he does for us. It's also based on the times before COVID, so it's a bit unfair to compare it to almost any contract given after COVID IMO.

But if this will not be an issue financially and we don't have to sell big players next summer, no one gives a fuck.

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post

Who is in the GIF btw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Barbarian View Post
    Some people keep saying Frank Lampard has a 150 IQ. So what?
    This is football, isn't it? Not fucking rocket science!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linege View Post
    FFP is for broke scrubs and teams that WANT to follow it
    top dogs like psg or city dont give a f

Italy

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster

Name one Inter player that's not Achraf Hakimi that's able to make that run, then complain to Eriksen for not making these balls.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Peppino Prisco facci un gol

Fav. Player

Belgium

As a matter of fact I've seen Eriksen make a similar amazing pass. I don't know which game it was, but I remember how the whole of FIF was raving when they saw it.

6. Thanks (1): morrisama

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by delaurentis View Post
    As a matter of fact I've seen Eriksen make a similar amazing pass. I don't know which game it was, but I remember how the whole of FIF was raving when they saw it.
    I also remember people complaining about his poor passing when he tried to pull off amazing passes because Lukaku and Darmian just a) didn't move and b) moved the wrong way

8. Thanks (2): morrisama, rfU

Fav. Player
    Barella

Macedonia

I get that, but why say it's not his fault we gave him those wages? He's partly to blame because that's what he demanded. If he asked for less, we would've given him less. I'm pretty sure no one else was interested in signing him, certainly LaLiga team passed on him, and he wasn't going to resign with Spurs. Perhaps we played our hand incorrectly, so credit to him.
    It was in their documentary (the same as juventus are making for this season). Tottenham's baldie owner told Eriksen that whatever he's offered, they'll match it. Probably Eriksen used offers as leverage to get more money out of either party he'd ended up/remained with.

10. Thanks (2): magnesium, rfU

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    I'm amazed how some people here justify Eriksen's salary, but complaint that Lukaku does not deliver enough for his wage

Fav. Player
    Barella

Macedonia

Players are paid what they command at the moment. They do not always justify that afterwards.

13. Thanks (1): Ethor

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    It was in their documentary (the same as juventus are making for this season). Tottenham's baldie owner told Eriksen that whatever he's offered, they'll match it. Probably Eriksen used offers as leverage to get more money out of either party he'd ended up/remained with.
    PSG had an offer for Eriksen at a base of 9m, unclear on bonuses. But he had to join them in the summer.

We offered him 7.5m + bonuses that may or may not reach 9m. Probably not.

Eriksen did not come for the money here. But he deserved to get paid.

15. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, Pajo

Fav. Player
    Zanetti,Ronaldo

Indonesia

as far as I can remember, Eriksen has made some incredible passes. as pointed out by Brehme, the passes failed to assist due to a hasty and poor finishing. I saw him in 3 games this season, but can't remember the opponent. first, Eriksen who is on the left just outside the penalty box receives a wild ball. he immediately volleyed it cross at Lukaku. he was so quick thinking that the opponent did not realize that Lukaku was standing without anyone near him. second, he sent in a precise cross until Lukaku headed the ball unchallenged, which unfortunately hit the crossbar. then the third, either Darmian or Hakimi, who ran towards the near post. Eriksen sends a cross from the middle of the field. it was beautiful, the kind of pass only a true playmaker could make. still again, the hasty finish failed to convert that into a goal.
    shape of inter to come

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Haha, you are asking it's the fault of the player who asks "too much"? Well, it's the market. You ask something, if you don't get it, you ask from someone else. If no one's giving you what you ask, you decrease your demand. That's probably what happened with Eriksen. Initial demand was surely higher than what it ended up being.

We ended up paying him 7.5m net and there's nothing wrong asking for that either. The point has been all along we aren't utilizing Eriksen up to his ALL abilities and his wage, because his wage is based on the ALL the stuff he can do, not just the stuff he does for us. It's also based on the times before COVID, so it's a bit unfair to compare it to almost any contract given after COVID IMO.

But if this will not be an issue financially and we don't have to sell big players next summer, no one gives a fuck.
    Unless you're a world class player with trophies like CR7 or DeBruyne, when you ask for high wages (and on a lengthy contract), you commit to high production according to the coach's tactics. It's not like Eriksen is being asked to play in goal. He was simply asked to commit to a higher defensive output in a position he was already familiar with (mezzala).

Quote Originally Posted by eduzee View Post
    Who is in the GIF btw?
    Odegaard.

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Name one Inter player that's not Achraf Hakimi that's able to make that run, then complain to Eriksen for not making these balls.
    Perishit, Barella and Toro, but I agree, in fact i highlighted this issue earlier in the thread.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

18. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, eduzee, magnesium

Fav. Player
    Francesco Toldo

Israel

The amount of mental gymnastics happening in this thread to justify Eriksen’s mediocre performances is fucking mind-blowing. You guys take the definition of overrated to the next level
    Last edited by Broseph Stalin; 23 Mar 21 at 06:39.

20. Thanks (1): eduzee

Old name
    Khaled

United States

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yes, its always hard to calculate if he played 5 or 6 mins each game, makes my head hurt. Im happy with his 5 mins in the last CL game though, showed more than most players did in 90 mins the last 5 CL games they played.
    Last edited by K.I.; 23 Mar 21 at 02:31.

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Was just about to say who the fuck is making those runs at Inter?
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah. Our players usually don't move in a way which would utilize Eriksen's sublime passing ability to its full potential. Maybe that will come later when our game evolves as Eriksen is "in" our game finally.

24. Thanks (2): .h., Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Yeah. Our players usually don't move in a way which would utilize Eriksen's sublime passing ability to its full potential. Maybe that will come later when our game evolves as Eriksen is "in" our game finally.
    familiarity and confidence is key. when you're used to gagliardini's passing, you arent confident itll actually get to the right place, so you dont wanna be caught out of position.

If you're confident the guy passing is gonna put the right ball through, then you dont mind being out of position because possession isnt gonna turnover.

Vietnam

My 2 cents

1. Eriksen has (or had) the vision and skills for these assists. But he'd most likely opt for a high pass over the defense.

2. Eriksen is not getting in positions to pull these passes at Inter. He's a full time mezzala now which means he plays further from the goal and usually once he gets to the final third, the opponent's defense has had enough time to organize so no space for these low through ball.

27. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, magnesium, Pajo

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by qb4ever_2k View Post
    My 2 cents

1. Eriksen has (or had) the vision and skills for these assists. But he'd most likely opt for a high pass over the defense.

2. Eriksen is not getting in positions to pull these passes at Inter. He's a full time mezzala now which means he plays further from the goal and usually once he gets to the final third, the opponent's defense has had enough time to organize so no space for these low through ball.
    There's also a 3rd one there, which is that our current system does not allow for Eriksen to find teammates. His only possible passes are to Perisic, who usually will be behind him when Eriksen has the ball, or both would be behind the half line. And then there's Lautaro, who is not the first option in receiving the ball in attack as we have the tendency to weigh more on the right side with Barella-Hakimi-Lukaku being the main trident. If Eriksen-Perisic-Lautaro becomes a thing that Conte focuses the game on, we probably will be seeing a lot more of Eriksen's slick passing.

29. Thanks (4): magnesium, morrisama, Pajo, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Inter Milan
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Burundi

Imagine if Conte manages to make Eriksen-Perisic-Lautaro a thing. We would actually have a Plan B then
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    i think you've forgotten the creative genius that was a midfield of Zanetti-Vieira-Cambiasso with Stankovic in front
    tiki-whati
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    I think we should say - Skriniar Milan, because Milan should be in second place.

31. Thanks (2): magnesium, MVD