View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

14 10.00%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

45 32.14%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

73 52.14%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

4 2.86%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

1 0.71%
  • 5 - Completely average player

0 0%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

0 0%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

1 0.71%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

2 1.43%
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Eriksen

Japan

I see you already forgot about Guarin, the king of row Z

2. Thanks (3): MVD, nurko, Wings

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

It's hard to keep a straight face while considering long range shooting to be an actual strategy. It's a skill that players have, and shouldn't be attempted by anyone unless they are an elite shooter - even then, what's the success rate? Most of the time, long range shots end up in the keepers hand or out of play, and the taker gets whistled by fans. Its also really hard to get the proper footing, power and opening in a crowded area which is reality in italy. We have a hard enough time shooting from close range, let's try from further. We have bodies in the area, sure let vecino, brozovic, valero, gagliardini, try from distance. Fuckin ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...ť un macello qua"

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    It's hard to keep a straight face while considering long range shooting to be an actual strategy. It's a skill that players have, and shouldn't be attempted by anyone unless they are an elite shooter - even then, what's the success rate? Most of the time, long range shots end up in the keepers hand or out of play, and the taker gets whistled by fans. Its also really hard to get the proper footing, power and opening in a crowded area which is reality in italy. We have a hard enough time shooting from close range, let's try from further. We have bodies in the area, sure let vecino, brozovic, valero, gagliardini, try from distance. Fuckin ridiculous.

That's exactly what Spalletti thought and so he developed crossing tactic. lol.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

5. Thanks (1): Kova10

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member

I might've missed something but I don't think anyone was considering long range shooting a core strategy. More of a small bonus that comes with having the player with the most long-range and free kick goals in the Premier League since 2013. I expect Eriksen to hit plenty of shockers into row Z in the coming months but so far he's been pretty encouraging in this regard. He nearly scored 2 screamers, hitting the crossbar on both occasions, and forced what should've been the equalizer against Lazio. Sadly, Lautaro was busy thinking of Messi and Barca and forgot about the offside rule.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

7. Thanks (4): Anne Marie, Ed., MVD, nurko

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Crosses are basically long shots that your players can see.

Uni, you might have missed it.
    "Madonna...ť un macello qua"

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter

Uni, you might have missed it.
    hmm. i'm not sure if i follow.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Not sure what was more frustrating guarins shots or candrevas constant crosses.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

India

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

12. Thanks (2): KevinB, Uncommon

Fav. Player
    Matrix, Pupi, C

Japan

This season is weird. We progress so much but then in the moment of hope:

1) best player, Sensi, injured
    2) main goalkeeper injured, unbelievable
    3) Barca got to the mind of Lautaro
    4) Frustrating injuries: Asamoah, Gag and now Sensi

In the end, for some, Conte ‘must’ be shit for their self-righteousness.

14. Thanks (1): firmino

Italy

i must say, i've never looked at it this way.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Worth mentioning he was a total disappointment. He should have come on for one of the defenders to play in a more advanced role, keeping the midfield trio all on the pitch. But still, his attitude today was off, too slow to track back, too slow to pass, too weak to get into challenge. He is off the mood and its simply unacceptable. This is not a new league effect, dude even couldnt control a ball ffs.
    Forza Inter

18. Thanks (1): Harpsabu

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Worth mentioning he was a total disappointment. He should have come on for one of the defenders to play in a more advanced role, keeping the midfield trio all on the pitch. But still, his attitude today was off, too slow to track back, too slow to pass, too weak to get into challenge. He is off the mood and its simply unacceptable. This is not a new league effect, dude even couldnt control a ball ffs.
    Yeah, like I fully understand him not starting. He is afraid of any duel at all. It's like he wants to play a zero contact sport. So bad

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ruben Sosa

Ireland

A pointless, stupid signing if you're not prepared to play him as a trequartista, which Conte isn't.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think Conte will give it a try once he gets another 50mil to buy another DM.
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

Itís tough going when you arrive at a new club in a country where you havenít played before and donít speak the language, you get substitute minutes for your first match, then start without impressing in an away match in Udine.

Then youíre immediately put on the bench again, but are a few inches away from scoring a wondergoal in the second-most important match in Italian football after coming on as a substitute.

Next up is the match against Lazio - fair enough, youíre on the bench. You havenít acclimatized to the league, you donít know your teammates that well...
    In your place starts Matias Vecino, who, after three seasons at the club, has proven to be tried and true quality*.

*Proven, meaning shit.

You are, of course, put on the field by the coach when the original plan doesnít work. You shouldíve turned it all around on your own.

After that, you score your first goal and happen to be far-and-away the best player in your next match in Europe, and get an assist in the return-leg.

Youíve proven yourself somewhat. At least in terms of the last two matches, which were good, albeit against lackluster opposition. If nothing else, youíve got a rythm going, and you do have a reputation of being one of the best midfielders in European football. Iím not saying youíre defintely starting the next match, the most important match of season for your club, but you did show promising things, including a goal and an assist in the last two matches...

Okay, who am I kidding? - youíre on the bench again, because we canít live without the invaluable end-product of Matias Vecino, which consists of the following things;

1) Being tall
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)

Okay, that didnít quite work out - as it hasnít so many times before - so the coach puts you on as a last-ditch desperation move, just like he did. against Lazio. The team has played roughly 70 minutes of heartless, lethargic football, and only the keeper has been above average. Go on.

Oh, you didnít quite tackle as hard as you should have? Something which youíre clearly not known for, and which the guy youíre competing with a starting spot for (Vecino) has proven countless times, that he doesnít really do either?

Boom!
    Welcome to the realities of Conte football, bitch.
    Sit your ass down or learn to be Vidal.
    Also, the fault is yours, and yours alone. Not the extremely narrow-minded tactics of your coach. Be aware of this, and learn to be a more defensive-minded midfielder, and not the player which made you one of the most sought-after players in Europe.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Yeah, like I fully understand him not starting. He is afraid of any duel at all. It's like he wants to play a zero contact sport. So bad
    This is how he has always been and I like to believe Conte/Marotta aren't exactly surprised by it. I enjoyed his foul on Cuadrado though. If only it was several times harder.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

25. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, rfU

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    How can we expect him to turn the game around when we were losing 2-0, we had 2 non moving forwards and bad gameplan? What is he supposed to do, dribble past juves defense alone and score?

Yeah he was bad but i didnt even expect more. You can put him in play at minute 70, when losing 2-0 and expect him to shine, where everybody else is crap.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

27. Thanks (2): diamen, rfU

Italy

either it's a matter of time, which is understandable; or conte just doesn't quite like him, but it would not be a justification (because he could have simply told marotta: don't buy him, save that money forthe next transfer session); or, third option, marotta felt for that price he had to buy eriksen, no matter what conte thought.

personally, i believe it's some kind of mixture of the three: marotta saw the chance for a great signing for a relatively good price and went for it, even if conte wasn't fully convinced. and now it will take some time for conte to figure out how to best integrate him in his system.

we need to wait till the next season to be able to judge eriksen at Inter. now, it would not be fair to him.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

29. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Seriously yesterday was more on conte then on eriksen yes he had a shitter but what was he supposed to do when we were incapable of winning the ball back the moment barella left the pitch?

I was very disappointed with his touch yesterday which also seemed off but imho our main problem was our inability to win back the ball.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Players have off games. It's not a problem. He came into a game right at the time where sarri switched up tactics, juve were playing more sarri-ball and we were being dominated.

It's not easy to come in and adjust to that tempo right off the bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

32. Thanks (5): Lui, MVD, Pajo, rfU, thatdude