View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

    14 10.00%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

    45 32.14%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

    73 52.14%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

    4 2.86%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

    1 0.71%
  • 5 - Completely average player

    0 0%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

    0 0%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

    1 0.71%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

    0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

    2 1.43%
Page 74 of 92 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475767784 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1828

Thread: Christian Eriksen

  1. #1461
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    26,513
    Thanked
    18,034 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    It was a promising display, IMO he was one of our best players. He needs to keep going, absolutely needs a start against Genoa. To get the confidence higher so he's ready for Shahktar. Eriksen was able to get to shooting spot twice and third time was close. He rarely lost the ball when he got it, unlike Barella for instance.


  2. #1462

    Join Date
    03 Feb 14
    Posts
    4,817
    Thanked
    3,950 times
    Fav. Player
    Barella

    Macedonia

    Promising. Should've stayed on, bringing in Brozo brought nothing.

  3. Thanks (3): Fetajogger, K.I., Vertigo

  4. #1463
    brakbrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Aug 11
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanked
    1,658 times
    Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

    Indonesia

    Bare minimum on whats expected from him when he plays. Hopefully conte doesn't bench him again and God forbid he gets covid.

  5. Thanks (3): Fetajogger, K.I., Universe

  6. #1464

    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    8,826
    Thanked
    2,593 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Like i said nothing out of the ordinary but he was the best player, active all over the pitch passing, dribbling shooting, getting into spaces etc. Thats what happens when a talented playmaker plays in that position.
    Last edited by K.I.; 22 Oct 20 at 07:59.

  7. Thanks (5): ciamac, Eddie, Fetajogger, thatdude, _OC_

  8. #1465
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    16,503
    Thanked
    25,999 times

    United States

    I disagree with the sentiment that the 1 in our formation has no use . I actually think today he found the space well between the lines. It may just be that we were playing a Bundesliga team and not a Serie A team. I hope we give him a run in the side so we can actually see how the team adapts to having a true AM in the team with more reps.

  9. Thanks (5): Eddie, Fetajogger, K.I., MVD, rfU

  10. #1466
    Universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Jan 09
    Posts
    23,940
    Thanked
    53,057 times
    Fav. Player
    Kolarov

    South Korea

    89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    It was a promising display, IMO he was one of our best players. He needs to keep going, absolutely needs a start against Genoa. To get the confidence higher so he's ready for Shahktar. Eriksen was able to get to shooting spot twice and third time was close. He rarely lost the ball when he got it, unlike Barella for instance.
    100%.. but just you know he's getting benched vs Genoa and will come on late in the 2nd half when we're a goal down.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  11. Thanks (1): K.I.

  12. #1467
    n4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    9,737
    Thanked
    15,130 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    I disagree with the sentiment that the 1 in our formation has no use . I actually think today he found the space well between the lines. It may just be that we were playing a Bundesliga team and not a Serie A team. I hope we give him a run in the side so we can actually see how the team adapts to having a true AM in the team with more reps.
    The "1" is not a vital part of the build up play at all. They pick up scraps. They are not part of the play to move the ball forward. First half he ran a lot but was barely involved in most plays because the aim is for the deeper midfielders and WBs to play the ball to lukaku's feet.

    All of his "best" work today occurred where? In the middle or in wider areas? I'll answer.....wider areas. Particularly in the 2nd half, wide right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Wearing your mask like that is like wearing a condom on your balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

  13. Thanks (2): K.I., Universe

  14. #1468
    I'mNewHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Jan 17
    Posts
    514
    Thanked
    478 times
    Fav. Player
    Lukaku

    Sweden

    Doesn't take much for people to praise this guy, literally created nothing like always.

  15. #1469
    Alex de Large's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Mar 05
    Posts
    14,290
    Thanked
    3,139 times
    Fav. Player
    Barella

    Spain

    10 years of FIF
    Fucking Conte for sub him when he was playing much better than usual. And a defensive sub for Brozo, instead of sub Vidal

  16. Thanks (1): Universe

  17. #1470
    Rimpel's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Dec 06
    Posts
    4,630
    Thanked
    939 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    India

    10 years of FIF
    Yeah, didn't do much unfortunately, looks afraid to play a risky pass which is not a good sign for a player of his kind. Clearly lacking confidence which is not surprising considering Conte obviously does not value him.

  18. #1471
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    22,573
    Thanked
    19,412 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimpel View Post
    Yeah, didn't do much unfortunately, looks afraid to play a risky pass which is not a good sign for a player of his kind. Clearly lacking confidence which is not surprising considering Conte obviously does not value him.
    What risky pass? You know when an attacking midfielder plays a risky pass? When the striker fucking makes a good run. Who made a good run from our side last night? Sanchez was coming deeper to collect the ball and Lukaku was just standing about flailing his arms as he always does. When Lautaro entered, he tried some runs but they were mostly used as decoys as we were fixated on playing our patented style of giving the ball to Lukaku and waiting for him to manage to pass it to the right back or the right sided midfielder...

    Eriksen was our best player last night, there wasn't anyone close to him as it'd be Vidal who managed to screw it up eventually.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

    #ConteOut


  19. #1472
    Adriano@10's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 May 04
    Posts
    7,526
    Thanked
    5,892 times
    Fav. Player
    Oba



    24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mNewHere View Post
    Doesn't take much for people to praise this guy, literally created nothing like always.
    Still our best midfielder yesterday, even though that was easy.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

    #Fuck Conte

  20. #1473
    Rimpel's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Dec 06
    Posts
    4,630
    Thanked
    939 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    India

    10 years of FIF
    I saw Lukaku make a few runs, not sure what you're on about. I'm not saying Eriksen was bad, like I said, nothing special but I don't even blame him considering he almost never plays. This is a decent starting point, hopefully Conte will let him play more.

    And I thought Lukaku was better than him last night, how fucked would we be without his two goals, hm?

  21. #1474
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    26,513
    Thanked
    18,034 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    You can get best out of Eriksen when you have other players moving. Just like brehme said. The so called "creativity", "magic", whatever you wanna call it we expect from trequartista type of players is not that they just pull a rabbit out of the hat passes. These days top football has so good structures in defence (even kolarovs and dumbos) that trequartista alone cannot do anything. He needs other players' movement to do the passes. Our players do not do this movement.

    Why I'm praising Eriksen is that he got involved in the game more than before, he got to a good shooting position twice and generally was there to be a secure player when you pass the ball to him. Something Barella has been unable to be recently. That's not even expected from Barella, but it's a notion that Eriksen is quite ball-secure player and it's a good asset to have on the pitch. Eriksen's magic is just non-existent at the moment because our players do not make movements to take use of that magic.

  22. Thanks (1): Universe

  23. #1475
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    22,573
    Thanked
    19,412 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Using the greatest creative passer I've ever seen, who is also a Dane, here is a small video of what great passing looks like:




    Now imagine that the receiving player was flailing his arms and demanding the ball at his feet, isolated between 2-3 defenders instead of making the run, yet the ball still went there. What's the result? Some "trash" player giving the ball to the opposition that the fans would grow to hate.

    Passing creativity is always expressed by the recipient. A great pass can become great only if someone sees where he has to go to complete it, otherwise there's a fine line between 'poor pass', 'pass to nowhere', 'wasting possession' and 'good try, but try better next time'.

    Lautaro is decent here but he prefers to get the ball at his feet. Lukaku on the other hand is inexcusable as he has the strength and pace to take advantage of such creative players, like Eriksen and Sanchez, but instead he hides between defenders and then wants the ball at his feet, which he isn't really great at. Conte has convinced him to play with his back to goal whether he's at the kick off spot or inside the box and Lukaku has become fixated with the idea that he must receive the ball in that manner and has no clue of where to position himself when we attack and is super lazy when we recycle possession, straying in offside land expecting a parallel pass for an easy goal while not occupying a defender. An attacking midfielder cannot work with such a player and he is our focal point under Conte. Instead, a player like this can benefit from focusing the game on the wing, which is also why he probably has more touches than Eriksen.

    Our setup is not made for Eriksen, it is made for Lukaku. And he is incompatible with a player like Eriksen because he seems too stubborn to commit to Conte's plan, not because he's not able to. If he was told to run into space, both of them would benefit, as would Inter.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

    #ConteOut


  24. #1476
    rfU's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 09
    Posts
    3,826
    Thanked
    1,773 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ4



    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Our setup is not made for Eriksen, it is made for Lukaku. And he is incompatible with a player like Eriksen because he seems too stubborn to commit to Conte's plan, not because he's not able to. If he was told to run into space, both of them would benefit, as would Inter.
    I agree, too much of this:



    and this...



    and not enough of this...



    However, given our goal tally last season it is effective, but I would like for to us vary our offense a bit, keep the opposition defense guessing as much as possible.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

  25. #1477
    Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Jun 10
    Posts
    12,957
    Thanked
    11,261 times
    Fav. Player
    Icardi

    Saudi Arabia

    8
    It is dependent on the opponent’s defense though, but I agree I feel Conte doesn’t look like trying to do something different or new and it’s annoying.
    Forza Inter

  26. Thanks (2): ElinaYvo, Joker

  27. #1478
    Universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Jan 09
    Posts
    23,940
    Thanked
    53,057 times
    Fav. Player
    Kolarov

    South Korea

    89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    The "1" is not a vital part of the build up play at all. They pick up scraps. They are not part of the play to move the ball forward. First half he ran a lot but was barely involved in most plays because the aim is for the deeper midfielders and WBs to play the ball to lukaku's feet.

    All of his "best" work today occurred where? In the middle or in wider areas? I'll answer.....wider areas. Particularly in the 2nd half, wide right.
    Agreed. Eriksen was much better when he settled into the game. Once he did so, he was comfortable and able to receive the ball and move it around while roaming and drifting from wider positions. This may have even been one of his best performances for this club from a "fulfilling the role" perspective.

    If he sits in the hole, he's going to be nullified and without options. That fucking shitter Lukaku just stands there complaining about not being passed to instead of actually making runs like a non-spastic.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  28. Thanks (1): Fetajogger

  29. #1479
    Javier'sSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Oct 15
    Posts
    5,034
    Thanked
    7,174 times
    Fav. Player
    Bastoni

    Holy See

    4
    fellow colleague who works in procurement who Uni obviously hates: excuse me Uni, you dropped this

    Uni: oh thanks and why is Lukaku a c grade cunt who doesn't make runs for his c grade teammates?

    colleague: umm i don't follow soccer

    *Uni's thoughts* of course u dont fuckin procurement shitter

  30. Thanks (3): dax21, MVD, Universe

  31. #1480
    Cómi's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 May 15
    Posts
    1,085
    Thanked
    817 times
    Fav. Player
    Cómi

    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    I agree, too much of this:

    and this...

    and not enough of this...

    However, given our goal tally last season it is effective, but I would like for to us vary our offense a bit, keep the opposition defense guessing as much as possible.
    What nonsense, look where the defenders are in those photos! Do you expect Lukaku to make a run up into the fucking stands? He was facing our side because the defenders dropped deep and didn't give him space.

    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post

    Lukaku on the other hand is inexcusable as he has the strength and pace to take advantage of such creative players, like Eriksen and Sanchez, but instead he hides between defenders and then wants the ball at his feet, which he isn't really great at. Conte has convinced him to play with his back to goal whether he's at the kick off spot or inside the box and Lukaku has become fixated with the idea that he must receive the ball in that manner and has no clue of where to position himself when we attack and is super lazy when we recycle possession, straying in offside land expecting a parallel pass for an easy goal while not occupying a defender. An attacking midfielder cannot work with such a player and he is our focal point under Conte. Instead, a player like this can benefit from focusing the game on the wing, which is also why he probably has more touches than Eriksen.

    Our setup is not made for Eriksen, it is made for Lukaku. And he is incompatible with a player like Eriksen because he seems too stubborn to commit to Conte's plan, not because he's not able to. If he was told to run into space, both of them would benefit, as would Inter.
    I'm not sure this is a fair expectation. Lukaku is too big to turn quickly and probe the defense like that. When defense is so deep and marking is so tight a smaller striker is better. And he did participate in quite a few plays on the right side of the center midfield, but that was not useful because the defense dropped faster than our other players could advance. When you say he should play on the wing, do are you expecting him to play on the wing in a very advanced position, with opponents center defenders in their box?
    "If I have to slap a Uruguayan in the face, I will." - Felipe Melo

  32. Thanks (1): I'mNewHere

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •