View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

    14 10.00%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

    45 32.14%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

    73 52.14%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

    4 2.86%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

    1 0.71%
  • 5 - Completely average player

    0 0%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

    0 0%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

    1 0.71%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

    0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

    2 1.43%
Page 75 of 92 FirstFirst ... 25657273747576777885 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1828

Thread: Christian Eriksen

  1. #1481
    BasedGodPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Jun 15
    Posts
    823
    Thanked
    793 times
    Fav. Player
    Godcini

    United States

    Eriksen still has quality I just don’t think he fits here. I think he’d work great in a system like Liverpool where you have players constantly running into space and having two fast wingers+ a target man/workhorse. I’m not sure he’s built for a two striker system where there aren’t that many great runs being made. I think he’ll be great once him and Hakimi are actually given a start together. I’m extremely disappointed Perisic has been shit because I thought having two attack minded wingers would help.

  2. #1482
    Nothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Mar 18
    Posts
    545
    Thanked
    361 times
    Fav. Player
    Barella

    Malaysia

    Plus Lukaku is too dumb for Eriksen

  3. Thanks (1): MVD

  4. #1483
    RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jul 18
    Posts
    1,217
    Thanked
    1,842 times

    Italy

    As much as I liked his display yesterday, he needs to look for goal more often.

    It's hard to know what the coach is telling him to do, but I feel like he's always looking to facilitate play instead of threatening the net. He needs to give the opponent something else to think about. It could be more shots and/or dribbles, but he needs to "incidere di pi e centrare porta." I'm not sure what the best English translations are.

  5. #1484
    delaurentis's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Dec 09
    Posts
    986
    Thanked
    955 times
    Fav. Player
    4,19,22,25

    Belgium

    Somehow, It would not surprise me Eriksen has lurked these forums to see how the Interisti think about his performances.
    And I'am sure he loves spending his time in the Conte thread and reading Brehme's posts

  6. Thanks (1): MVD

  7. #1485
    Universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Jan 09
    Posts
    23,940
    Thanked
    53,057 times
    Fav. Player
    Kolarov

    South Korea

    89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot View Post
    As much as I liked his display yesterday, he needs to look for goal more often.

    It's hard to know what the coach is telling him to do, but I feel like he's always looking to facilitate play instead of threatening the net. He needs to give the opponent something else to think about. It could be more shots and/or dribbles, but he needs to "incidere di pi e centrare porta." I'm not sure what the best English translations are.
    He's probably terrified of making a mistake and getting benched by the coach. Playing in a new system which is fundamentally flawed and making most of your appearances as a 85th minute sub will do that to a player.

    As others have said, the game plan is tailor-made for Lukaku. Also, being one of Conte's favorites, he is allowed endless patience no matter how poor he may be. Eriksen is the exact opposite in both regards.
    Last edited by Universe; 22 Oct 20 at 23:29.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

    \_(ツ)_/


  8. #1486
    RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jul 18
    Posts
    1,217
    Thanked
    1,842 times

    Italy

    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    He's probably terrified of making a mistake and getting benched by the coach. Playing in a new system which is fundamentally flawed and making most of your appearances as a 85th minute sub will do that to a player.

    As others have said, the game plan is tailor-made for Lukaku. Also, being one of Conte's favorites, he is allowed endless patience no matter how poor he may be. Eriksen is the exact opposite in both regards.
    The thing about this 3412 is, we shouldn't be relying on playing the ball into Lukaku as much much as we would be with a 352. Playing with a trequartista should make us "more unpredictable" as Conte has stated on several occasions, and yet here we are still playing route 1 football into our strikers.

    You're right; Eriksen is playing tense (as you'd expect). There has to be a breakthrough of sorts-- either he pops off or Conte makes him integral to his plans. Both seem unlikely and one probably won't occur without the other.

    I still question the viability of the formation regardless. So even an in-form Eriksen may not move the needle very much.

  9. #1487
    rfU's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 09
    Posts
    3,826
    Thanked
    1,773 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ4



    Quote Originally Posted by Cmi View Post
    What nonsense, look where the defenders are in those photos! Do you expect Lukaku to make a run up into the fucking stands? He was facing our side because the defenders dropped deep and didn't give him space.?


    and



    Instead of...



    All i'm saying is instead of soley relying on plays composed of Kaku receiving the ball with his back to goal, how about we direct through passes at players making vertical runs into space. This is if you want to get the best of Eriksen.

    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.


  10. #1488
    king_elnino's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Jul 11
    Posts
    1,722
    Thanked
    752 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

    Indonesia

    i think he’s best attribute is trough pass but conte style is not like that.
    Ti Te Dominet Milan

    Quote Originally Posted by gazzetta dello sport
    "Injustice came immediately but they did not turn it into an excuse. Instead, Inter raised up to control the game at the home of the then unbeatable Juventus. Shining and mastery."

  11. Thanks (1): rfU

  12. #1489
    diamen's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 Oct 19
    Posts
    533
    Thanked
    1,358 times

    Poland

    it's funny that we scored 2 goals after he was subbed - one by Barella pass in Eriksen style and then by corner kick by Brozović while Eriksen wasted so many corners before.

  13. Thanks (3): ElinaYvo, magnesium, rfU

  14. #1490
    rfU's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 09
    Posts
    3,826
    Thanked
    1,773 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ4



    He has one more game to convince or he needs to look for a new club. Fair or unfair, we don't have time to accommodate him.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

  15. #1491
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Feb 09
    Posts
    10,893
    Thanked
    24,054 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Some players just don't suit some tactical systems. I am really disappointed, I wanted this to work but sometimes its best to admit that and move on. Perhaps its time for Marotta to search for a good swap deal for January if Eriksen doesn't come good till then. Either that or start planning a 6 month loan move to an attacking league that will help recover his market value.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 24 Oct 20 at 20:13.

  16. Thanks (1): rfU

  17. #1492
    YoramG's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 May 13
    Posts
    3,854
    Thanked
    7,337 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Italy

    Thought he had a good game and shouldn't have been hauled off, certainly not instead of Brozovic.

    Sucks for him that Barella essentially came in and did his job much better than he was doing it though
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten


  18. #1493
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    26,513
    Thanked
    18,034 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    Big disappointment today. It's just a damn shame he can't get anything out of himself, only time to time but not consistently at all. Of course he always needs the movement by others like said here many times. I remember one great long vertical pass to Lautaro when Toro made the run. We should have more those kind of moves when Eriksen is around.

    But gotta admit, he's just so soft. The difference was visible when Barella entered the pitch. And it was like 6 minutes into the pitch when Barella gave the assist. Our playing style simply do not fit to Eriksen and IMO that is Conte's fault that he tries to use Eriksen as a player he totally is not. If he starts Eriksen, we should play in a way which uses Eriksen's strengths, not weaknesses.

  19. Thanks (4): delaurentis, Rain, rfU, Universe

  20. #1494
    junior55's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Jul 09
    Posts
    2,802
    Thanked
    1,920 times
    Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

    Albania

    This idea that we are playing with Trequartista for Eriksen and to facilitate his gameplay is total BS.

    We are not playing with a trequartista , we are playing with a dynamic midfielder in the AM position same as Spalleti with the likes of Perotta and N9 with the duty to attack the opponent ball distribution and move in the spaces of the 2 forwards.

    Eriksen is like Sneijder ffs , he needs the gameplay to pass from his feet and he has never failed to deliver in that area , even today gave some great passes. Fact is that Conte doesn't like that type of gameplay , he wants Eriksen to play like Barella not like Sneijder and he is just not that type of player.

  21. Thanks (2): thatdude, _OC_

  22. #1495

    Join Date
    03 Feb 14
    Posts
    4,817
    Thanked
    3,950 times
    Fav. Player
    Barella

    Macedonia

    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Thought he had a good game and shouldn't have been hauled off, certainly not instead of Brozovic.

    Sucks for him that Barella essentially came in and did his job much better than he was doing it though
    This.

  23. Thanks (1): magnesium

  24. #1496
    magnesium's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Jul 14
    Posts
    1,505
    Thanked
    1,071 times
    Fav. Player
    Gagliardinho

    Indonesia

    This guy have two problems.

    He doesn't have Physical attribute like Gagliardinho.

    He can't defend like Vidal or Brozo.

    Creativity and Technique not enooough for Conte.
    Gagliardini best italian midfielders 2020/2021

  25. #1497
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    26,513
    Thanked
    18,034 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by junior55 View Post
    This idea that we are playing with Trequartista for Eriksen and to facilitate his gameplay is total BS.

    We are not playing with a trequartista , we are playing with a dynamic midfielder in the AM position same as Spalleti with the likes of Perotta and N9 with the duty to attack the opponent ball distribution and move in the spaces of the 2 forwards.

    Eriksen is like Sneijder ffs , he needs the gameplay to pass from his feet and he has never failed to deliver in that area , even today gave some great passes. Fact is that Conte doesn't like that type of gameplay , he wants Eriksen to play like Barella not like Sneijder and he is just not that type of player.
    Exactly. And it's fucking INSANE. If you have a player of Eriksen's calibre, you use a system to get the best out of him. It's not like he's just one piece of big machinery. Eriksen is a star player who should have a role which fits to his characteristics.

  26. Thanks (2): delaurentis, Fetajogger

  27. #1498
    rfU's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 09
    Posts
    3,826
    Thanked
    1,773 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ4



    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Our playing style simply do not fit to Eriksen and IMO that is Conte's fault that he tries to use Eriksen as a player he totally is not.
    I disagree, Guardiola likes certain types of players with certain qualities, same with Klopp and Simeone. The question is why did we sign him and did Conte have a say or not? Eriksen was a big investment for us, you'd think after Dalbert, Ciao Mario, Kdog and recently Lazaro management would be more heedful. Buy what we need to be competitive and win. It's that simple.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

  28. #1499
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    26,513
    Thanked
    18,034 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    I disagree, Guardiola likes certain types of players with certain qualities, same with Klopp and Simeone. The question is why did we sign him and did Conte have a say or not? Eriksen was a big investment for us, you'd think after Dalbert, Ciao Mario, Kdog and recently Lazaro management would be more heedful. Buy what we need to be competitive and win. It's that simple.
    I'm talking about the current situation. Not some imaginary situation where we wouldn't have Eriksen in our squad. In current situation where we have Eriksen, we should use him properly. Conte needs to ADAPT.

  29. Thanks (3): Fetajogger, MVD, Wings

  30. #1500
    magnesium's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Jul 14
    Posts
    1,505
    Thanked
    1,071 times
    Fav. Player
    Gagliardinho

    Indonesia

    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    I disagree, Guardiola likes certain types of players with certain qualities, same with Klopp and Simeone. The question is why did we sign him and did Conte have a say or not? Eriksen was a big investment for us, you'd think after Dalbert, Ciao Mario, Kdog and recently Lazaro management would be more heedful. Buy what we need to be competitive and win. It's that simple.
    Eriksen is different than other Inter midfielders. Marotta hope Conte can turn him like Pirlo.

    The problem is Conte prefer Kante than Eriksen. Lucky for him Conte get Vidal this year. So Eriksen can play more cause Vidal cover him in defense.
    Gagliardini best italian midfielders 2020/2021

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •