View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

14 10.00%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

45 32.14%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

73 52.14%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

4 2.86%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

1 0.71%
  • 5 - Completely average player

0 0%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

0 0%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

1 0.71%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

2 1.43%
Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 367683848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1852

Thread: Christian Eriksen

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Sounds dreadful. Xhaka would fit it with the rest of our slow af midfielders though.

Fav. Player
    Barella

Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by delaurentis View Post
    Corriero Dello Sport says Arsenal want him next januari and Xhaka would join Inter
    Man I'd rather have Lingard than Xhaka

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    Swapping Eriksen for Xhaka? Lol there's no way that will happen. Xhaka is terrible and extremely slow on and off the ball, he will be useless in midfield for us.
    Sounds exactly the same as gags, so will be a great addition for conte's team.
    #zhangisconte'sbitch

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    After scoring a brace in Belgium's 4-2 win over Denmark in the UEFA Nations League on Wednesday, Lukaku spoke to Danish Kanal 5 and said life will become better for Eriksen once he learns Italian.

“He has all the qualities to become a champion and I want to help him,” Lukaku said. “I was lucky to adapt quickly. If he learns Italian, everything will become easier for him.

“He will be able to communicate better and make a greater contribution to the team.”

> So Eriksen has been here for almost 1 year and he still didn`t learn Italian. Surely must be Conte`s fault?
    NULLA … IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

5. Thanks (3): ElDuccio, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    After scoring a brace in Belgium's 4-2 win over Denmark in the UEFA Nations League on Wednesday, Lukaku spoke to Danish Kanal 5 and said life will become better for Eriksen once he learns Italian.

“He has all the qualities to become a champion and I want to help him,” Lukaku said. “I was lucky to adapt quickly. If he learns Italian, everything will become easier for him.

“He will be able to communicate better and make a greater contribution to the team.”

> So Eriksen has been here for almost 1 year and he still didn`t learn Italian. Surely must be Conte`s fault?
    Thats what you take away from that interview?
    Not that lukaku also sees that eriksen should not be wasted on the bench.

Also remember sneijders fluent italian?
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

7. Thanks (2): magnesium, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Ashley Young cannot even say hello in Italian yet he's a definite starter for Conte...
    <<Gli scudetti Ť giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Italy

Conte can speak basic English as can most of the squad so I don't really see how it's that big of a deal.

10. Thanks (5): magnesium, MVD, NimAraya, rfU, Universe

Federated States of Micronesia

Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

Japan

so he needs a PhD in Italian language and culture in order to earn Conte's trust?

Fav. Player
    Chris Eriksen

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Ffi201zi002tlis View Post
    so he needs a PhD in Italian language and culture in order to earn Conte's trust?
    Explains a lot about Gaglia starting so much games.
    Calma ragazzi

Quote Originally Posted by Linege View Post
    FFP is for broke scrubs and teams that WANT to follow it

top dogs like psg or city dont give a f

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

It might not seem like a big deal, but I imagine Italian is the main language spoken in the team (I think Rom has actually said that in a previous interview) and it is important to be able to speak it to embed yourself in the squad.

Young seems like a bit of a character, a bit more warm and affable, and so maybe it's not that much of an issue for him compared to a more introverted type like Eriksen.

Anyway, fucking hell, we shouldn't be discussing this shit and looking for excuses for everything. Eriksen hasn't performed when given the chance, and Conte hasn't provided him with the best conditions to express himself when he has given him chances. Everyone is at fault here.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

15. Thanks (2): Ethor, rfU

Greece

Why do people keep repeating that Eriksen hasn't performed when given the chance?

What chance are you even referring to? 5 minute cameos?

He's usually been a top performer in most games he started and was subbed out unnecessarily multiple times. Can you name me his bad games where he played more than 45 minutes? Even as a sub there were games where he was very good, especially at the beginning, before he realized that he's going to be Gagliardini's substitute no matter what.

#ConteOut

17. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, Fitzy, Howl

Denmark

Ive said it before and I’ll gladly repeat, play Eriksen as starter for 90 mins a solid 10 matches, then make the judgements. If he then disappoints then I’m OK with that, but playing 5 or 10 minutes here and there doesn’t instill confidence and stability into a player.... heck I might be there where I’m thinking Conte would be affraid to do so, what if Eriksen performs really well. Then Conte must admit his football philosophy was wrong, and I think conte would have a really hard time to admit such thing. :-/

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetajogger View Post
    Ive said it before and I’ll gladly repeat, play Eriksen as starter for 90 mins a solid 10 matches, then make the judgements. If he then disappoints then I’m OK with that, but playing 5 or 10 minutes here and there doesn’t instill confidence and stability into a player.... heck I might be there where I’m thinking Conte would be affraid to do so, what if Eriksen performs really well. Then Conte must admit his football philosophy was wrong, and I think conte would have a really hard time to admit such thing. :-/
    I am not sure whether you have noticed but we have not the got the luxury of letting him start and play 10 matches straight to see how he goes. Our season hangs in the balance and you want the club and coach to gamble on a player that has offered next to nothing during the time that he has been at the club.

For interests sake, can you please name another professional player that has been given 10 games of 90 minutes before deciding whether he can be useful to the club? It's a bullshit argument and right now, it seems he only exceeds against the likes of Iceland.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Why do people keep repeating that Eriksen hasn't performed when given the chance?

What chance are you even referring to? 5 minute cameos?
    You keep defending the indefensible when you know full well that he has not been solely restricted to 5 minute cameos during the time he has been at the club.
    Last edited by Puma; 21 Nov 20 at 05:20.

Fav. Player
    Godcini

United States

Honestly I’ve always thought it must be really weird being a football player. Imagine being on a work team of 20 people and only two or three others were fluent in the language you speak. Then another few can speak broken language and the others you can’t speak to at all.

Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    I am not sure whether you have noticed but we have not the got the luxury of letting him start and play 10 matches straight to see how he goes. Our season hangs in the balance and you want the club and coach to gamble on a player that has offered next to nothing during the time that he has been at the club.
    Gagliardini has played up to 8 matches in a row and sucked in all of them.

Eriksen can’t get more than 3 games straight.
    The most has been two games straight at least 70 minutes each game.

Let’s say we ignore the fact that he hasn’t played many games in a row....
    He still hasn’t been GIVEN THE CHANCE to play as a starter in big games.
    Conte keeps gambling on gagliardini and playing barella out of position is worse than not playing Eriksen.

Greece

You keep defending the indefensible when you know full well that he has not been solely restricted to 5 minute cameos during the time he has been at the club.
    Thus far you have failed to produce a list of bad performances in games he started so I reckon it's a valid argument.
    What is invalid is coming to a conclusion that he's unsuitable for the club (fuck the coach) based on his mistreatment by Conte.

#ConteOut

23. Thanks (2): eduzee, Fetajogger

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member

For interests sake, can you please name another professional player that has been given 10 games of 90 minutes before deciding whether he can be useful to the club? It's a bullshit argument and right now, it seems he only exceeds against the likes of Iceland.
    We had that luxury last season when we were basically playing for nothing in the league after the away game against Juventus. We were out of the Scudetto race and a top 4 finish was more or less secured. It was a perfect opportunity to give Eriksen time to adjust to a new country, a new league and a new team. What did the coach decide to do? He gave his minutes to grandpa Valero.

And it's not like we have done so well without Eriksen starting games. We have 1 win (Benevento), 3 draws (Shakhtar, Lazio, Atalanta) and 2 losses (Milan, Real).

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Thus far you have failed to produce a list of bad performances in games he started so I reckon it's a valid argument.
    What is invalid is coming to a conclusion that he's unsuitable for the club (fuck the coach) based on his mistreatment by Conte.
    Honestly wasn't too impressed with him in the must win game vs Belgium. A team like Inter needs a more assertive player in the playmaker role. Eriksen is more of a wanderer looking for opportune moments to make eye of the needle passes and crosses. He won't make things happen, certainly not in big games. True definition of a luxury player. Keeping him wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't our 2nd highest earner, but since he already is he either needs to be more a difference maker (even with those 15 minute cameos) or he needs to be shipped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Letís say we ignore the fact that he hasnít played many games in a row....
    He still hasnít been GIVEN THE CHANCE to play as a starter in big games.
    As the saying goes: "sometimes you have to make the best of a bad situation" and Eriksen isn't even doing that. His psychology is all wrong. We don't hold hands at Inter. We need self-driven players with figure-it-out and make things happen mindset. Time for Eriksen to go.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Denmark

When is a opportune time to play 10 matches? I think 8 months ago was the right time!... So you think now is not the time? when Conte is doing what he has been doing all the time, and that this is not working anymore, because his strategy & tactics is like an open book. I think exactly now, is the time. to test if Inter should keep or let go. Otherwise Inter risks letting an extremely good player go due to stubborn approach by a coach...

For interests sake, can you please name another professional player that has been given 10 games of 90 minutes before deciding whether he can be useful to the club?
    Yea, I actually think ALL players of his caliber gets a fair chance e.g. 10 games fulltime, before any keep/sell decisions is made. And in most cases its keep...

It's a bullshit argument and right now, it seems he only exceeds against the likes of Iceland.
    Know your facts before you speak, the last 6 games played by Denmark have yielded 5 wins England, Iceland and Sweden was among those beaten. Loosing to Belgium 4-2 was OK, they currently have the best team in the world... Christian have the highest avg. rating of any Danish player in these 6 games.
    Last edited by Fetajogger; 22 Nov 20 at 01:04.