View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

14 10.00%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

45 32.14%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

73 52.14%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

4 2.86%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

1 0.71%
  • 5 - Completely average player

0 0%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

0 0%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

1 0.71%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

2 1.43%
Page 92 of 120 FirstFirst ... 428289909192939495102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2400

Thread: Christian Eriksen

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by aymantawil View Post
    I think Erikson not trying harder in games he has played or showing disinterest is due to the fact that he is really not interested for playing to conte's inter.
    If true then we don't want players like that Inter. We have players like Skrinair busting his ass in a new role for the good of the team and he's earning a fraction of what Eriksen is making.

I'm personally of the view that Eriksen just doesn't belong at a big club. It reminds of Gotze's time at Bayern where he went from superstar to struggling bench player in a matter of months. For all his talent Gotze just lacked the ruthless/cutthroat mentality needed to succeed at a club like Bayern. He came up under Klopps hugs and pep talks and when he arrived at Bayern there was none of that, only the pressure of winning. In order to survive at a club like Bayern you need to have a lot of self-belief and motivation, week in week out you have to give the manager selection headaches as he ponders who his starting 11 will be on match day. Gotze failed to show this and similarly Eriksen seems content on the bench, resigned to his understudy to Garbagedini role. He's kept it professional but we want players with the will to win who will fight tooth and nail for a starting spot. That is how we will compete and win trophies. If a world class Fabregas, under similar circumstances, was willing to put in the work and fight for a place, Eriksen should to do the same, if not for the shirt then at least for the money. I'm doubtful he will get similar wages elsewhere.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

2. Thanks (1): Irequis

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    If true then we don't want players like that Inter. We have players like Skrinair busting his ass in a new role for the good of the team and he's earning a fraction of what Eriksen is making.

I'm personally of the view that Eriksen just doesn't belong at a big club. It reminds of Gotze's time at Bayern where he went from superstar to struggling bench player in a matter of months. For all his talent Gotze just lacked the ruthless/cutthroat mentality needed to succeed at a club like Bayern. He came up under Klopps hugs and pep talks and when he arrived at Bayern there was none of that, only the pressure of winning. In order to survive at a club like Bayern you need to have a lot of self-belief and motivation, week in week out you have to give the manager selection headaches as he ponders who his starting 11 will be on match day. Gotze failed to show this and similarly Eriksen seems content on the bench, resigned to his understudy to Garbagedini role. He's kept it professional but we want players with the will to win who will fight tooth and nail for a starting spot. That is how we will compete and win trophies. If a world class Fabregas, under similar circumstances, was willing to put in the work and fight for a place, Eriksen should to do the same, if not for the shirt then at least for the money. I'm doubtful he will get similar wages elsewhere.
    If Eriksen was content on the bench then he wouldn't complain about playing time. He would simply accept rotting on the bench while collecting the paycheck at the end of the month.

Gotze problem at Bayern was the constant injuries and Pep obsession to turn him into his new Messi by playing him as a false nine. I don't think it was about mentality.
    #CONTEOUT

4. Thanks (3): Fetajogger, J.., MVD

Denmark

Christian is an offensive midfielder, and Conte only believes in defensive minded midfielders, for me it seems that however good Eriksen is at being an offensive asset/proving himself in training sessions. He will, under Conte, never get a fair chance.

However I definitely think you will be able to integrate Eriksen in just about any big club with success, because he brings a toolset to the table that absolute most mangers will value and utilize, and not like Conte despise it. For me this just displays a narrow minded/stubborn coach, without any skills in getting the best out of the squad he has available, now keep-in-mind that many of the players in Inter, is there on Conte's request.... and yet! Conte still cant get this team to work, mind-blowing. That is far from a success in my mind.

I also don't believe that running your lungs out combined with a ruthless mentality, will bring home a scudetto, for that you MUST also add some creativity, let players "do their thing" not forcing them into a contained predictable system. its like reading an open book for our opponents. So we time and time again (due to beeing "read" by our oppnents) has to revert to tossing the ball to Lukaku and hope for him to save us. FFS Conte 9 out of 10 times makes his first sub around 70th minute mark. Like if, a football game is like following a freaking cake recipe.
    Last edited by Fetajogger; 27 Nov 20 at 14:42.

6. Thanks (4): eduzee, J.., morrisama, Nothing

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    If Eriksen was content on the bench then he wouldn't complain about playing time.
    "Content" wasn't the right word here, what I mean is hasn't shown enough fight to warrant a starting spot. You're wondering how I know this, I don't, but when I see Gagliardini, Ballera and even Nainggolan playing ahead of him, it shows me that he's hasn't shown Conte or his team mates he wants it bad enough. We have Lukaku saying that he has to work harder to integrate with the team, his underwhelming performances against Parma and Genoa, his general body language. He has talent in abundance but it's nothing without drive and determination. I've seen this first hand as a player and coach, kids who ride on talent and skill alone, they're so used to getting first class treatment that when they have to fight for a place they show no fight and simply wilt. We're not going to win trophies with a player like this. If we're lucky he'll give us one good season.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Gotze problem at Bayern was the constant injuries and Pep obsession to turn him into his new Messi by playing him as a false nine. I don't think it was about mentality.
    It's was a combination of problems but basically Mueller and Gotze were fighting for the same spot and Mueller won over everyone in the end. Remember Gotze had just scored the WC winning goal, he was given carte blanche at Bayern, everything needed to succeed but Mueller fought harder. Ribery and Robben were often injured and still he couldn't cement a place. When Thiago was riddled injuries Pep adjusted his tactics to accommodate Gotze, again same result. Even in training, the complaint was he was subpar and then he got told off by management for spending too much time on social media smh

Same thing happened when he returned Dortmund, he had to fight for a place but he just didn't have it in him.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

8. Thanks (1): Il Drago

Lebanon

It's not fair to compare Erikson with ourset of midfielder at one point in his career he was worth 100M or so. It is also not fair that conte not even willing to change 1% of his tactics to merge Erikson in the team and utilize him him better. IMO I think Erikson is giving conte and inter the fuck you I don't need you too attitude in pitch as I refuse to believe he have this mich lack enthusiasm while playing football

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetajogger View Post
    Christian is an offensive midfielder, and Conte only believes in defensive minded midfielders, for me it seems that however good Eriksen is at being an offensive asset/proving himself in training sessions. He will, under Conte, never get a fair chance.
    Don't get me wrong, I believe Conte has 100% mismanaged the situation which is abhorrent given his experience, but what has Eriksen done with the little he's been given? We have Perishit and Skrinny, if performing poorly, at least showing us effort. One year later, what has Eriksen done or shown? With Fabregas, we have evidence that Conte can at least change his mind every once in a while. Fabregas even went on to say Conte was among the most influential coaches he's ever had because he had to improve his game. That's the kind of mentality we deserve and need at Inter, not this b.s. Eriksen is making more money than all of FIF put together, and you're telling me can't change up his game a little, work on his corner taking or tackle the fuck out of someone or 2?

Denmark

Don't get me wrong, I believe Conte has 100% mismanaged the situation which is abhorrent given his experience, but what has Eriksen done with the little he's been given? We have Perishit and Skrinny, if performing poorly, at least showing us effort. One year later, what has Eriksen done or shown? With Fabregas, we have evidence that Conte can at least change his mind every once in a while. Fabregas even went on to say Conte was among the most influential coaches he's ever had because he had to improve his game. That's the kind of mentality we deserve and need at Inter, not this b.s. Eriksen is making more money than all of FIF put together, and you're telling me can't change up his game a little, work on his corner taking or tackle the fuck out of someone or 2?
    I'm sure Eriksen has been working seriously changing his game to accommodate what Conte is asking. But if Conte want Eriksen to tackle the fuck out of someone before he deserves a start, that's like asking Gagliardini to do some fucking creative stuff, just not going to happen.

There are several attributes to measure if a player deserves to start. In my mind Eriksen scores very high on some attributes(especially offensive ones) and low on others e.g. tackle the fuck out of someone.

In "normal" logic I think, it should be the sum of all these attributes that decides if you earn a starting spot or not. I believe the only attributes Conte is valuing is:
    1. tackle the fuck out of someone
    2."showing attitude"

Eriksen I'm sure will never be a guy that tackle the fuck out of someone, and regarding "showing attitude", I think Eriksen is very Scandinavian(showing very little attitude). The lag of showing attitude has always been there, yet still he did good in the past where he has played. Not everybody needs to run around like fuc.... headless emu chickens, getting red cards due to their "attitude", like the Conte's favorite Vidal did against RM, securing the loss right there and then. Sometimes calm and coldblooded is actually not that bad. Point is, he is just not a guy showing that much emotions. And to be honest, I don't think that it is a thing you just change like that, as it is very heavily liked to your personality.

Regardless of Eriksen not being able to tackle the fuck out of someone and "showing attitude", you can actually still work hard during training sessions and Eriksen do bring a lot of other valuable trades to the table, that, when summed up, should give him a fair chance of starting.

Just not on the measuring-scale Conte is using...
    Last edited by Fetajogger; 27 Nov 20 at 21:32.

12. Thanks (2): eduzee, J..

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    I'm sure Eriksen has been working seriously changing his game to accommodate what Conte is asking. But if Conte want Eriksen to tackle the fuck out of someone before he deserves a start, that's like asking Gagliardini to do some fucking creative stuff, just not going to happen.

There are several attributes to measure if a player deserves to start. In my mind Eriksen scores very high on some attributes(especially offensive ones) and low on others e.g. tackle the fuck out of someone.

In "normal" logic I think, it should be the sum of all these attributes that decides if you earn a starting spot or not. I believe the only attributes Conte is valuing is:
    1. tackle the fuck out of someone
    2."showing attitude"

Eriksen I'm sure will never be a guy that tackle the fuck out of someone, and regarding "showing attitude", I think Eriksen is very Scandinavian(showing very little attitude). The lag of showing attitude has always been there, yet still he did good in the past where he has played. Not everybody needs to run around like fuc.... headless emu chickens, getting red cards cause or their "attitude", like the Conte's favorite Vidal did against RM, securing the loss right there and then. Sometimes calm and coldblooded is actually not that bad. Point is, he is just not a guy showing that much emotions. And to be honest, I don't think that it is a thing you just change like that, as it is very heavily liked to your personality.

Regardless of Eriksen not being able to tackle the fuck out of someone and "showing attitude", you can actually still work hard during training sessions and Eriksen do bring a lot of other valuable trades to the table, that, when summed up, should give him a fair chance of starting.

Just not on the measuring-scale Conte is using...
    I get what you're saying, laid-back personality etc, I've watched Eriksen a long time at Spurs (on and off) I understand his play style, and right now he's definitely a shadow of himself maybe because of Conte, or personal reason, I don't know. But what I also remember is Poch being critical of his lack of aggression and guess what, Eriksen responded, not just running around but heavily involved and in the thick of things, not tackling the fuck out of anything moving but he was energetic, hounding and hassling, fully engaged in the game. Now he lacks intensity, basically moving around on auto-pilot, waiting for things to happen instead of initiating.

Look, Eriksen said he wanted a challenge, he dreamed of Real Madrid and Barcelona, trophies, etc. Inter has given him the opportunity with hefty raise, etc, there are a lot of expectations. If Conte isn't willing to work with Eriksen the same way he worked with Kaku it sucks but that's not an excuse. Like I said the very least he can do is work on his corners which have been abysmal. I don't think language should be a problem but picking up some Italian would at least show commitment. Joe Cole was a show boat until Mourinho happened and he realized if he wanted to play he had to adapt to a more complete midfielder, which he did (for a time). Erisken needs to do the same, if not for Conte or his team mates or the fans who badly want him to succeed, then for his own sakes (legacy).

As far as I'm concerned the ball is in Eriksen's corner. But I won't hold my breath because like I said, I don't think he has the mental fortitude to overcome at this level. To me he's a Roma level player which is okay but lets not waste our time or his.
    Last edited by rfU; 27 Nov 20 at 18:20.

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by aymantawil View Post
    It's not fair to compare Erikson with ourset of midfielder at one point in his career he was worth 100M or so. It is also not fair that conte not even willing to change 1% of his tactics to merge Erikson in the team and utilize him him better. IMO I think Erikson is giving conte and inter the fuck you I don't need you too attitude in pitch as I refuse to believe he have this mich lack enthusiasm while playing football
    Eriksen
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

Did a quick check on Eriksen in the 34 matches with Inter: 1 yellow; no reds. In the 256 matches with Spurs 6 yellows,no reds. For Denmark National team in 36 matches, 2 yellows and no reds. In his entire carrer 9 yellows and no reds. Aggression is not in his make up or game. Heck, Vidal gets that many just driving to the match.

Meanwhile, Xhaka, a player we wish to swap for: for Arsenal in a 153 matches, has 43 yellows and 2 reds; with the Swiss National Team in 39 matches, 8 yellows and 1 red.
    Last edited by Ethor; 27 Nov 20 at 20:59.

16. Thanks (2): Fetajogger, J..

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

Eriksen one leg is better than Gags,Young and Darmian combined.

18. Thanks (3): Ethor, Fetajogger, J..

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Ethor View Post
    Did a quick check on Eriksen in the 34 matches with Inter: 1 yellow; no reds. In the 256 matches with Spurs 6 yellows,no reds. For Denmark National team in 36 matches, 2 yellows and no reds. In his entire carrer 9 yellows and no reds. Aggression is not in his make up or game. Heck, Vidal gets that many just driving to the match.

Meanwhile, Xhaka, a player we wish to swap for: for Arsenal in a 153 matches, has 43 yellows and 2 reds; with the Swiss National Team in 39 matches, 8 yellows and 1 red.
    And you wonder why conte doesn't play him. He's not passionate enough.
    #zhangisconte'sbitch

20. Thanks (1): Grujinho

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    If that what Conte wants than you are correct. Odd that the higher ups did not pass that along....

For Locatelli, a player I like : 66 matches, 8 yellows, U-21 7 matches, 2 yellows, with Milan 66 matches, 17 yellows. Other competitions: 15 matches, 5 yellows and 1 red.
    Last edited by Ethor; 27 Nov 20 at 22:28. Reason: additional data

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Most Improved Member
    Yes. It's much better to have someone who has now twice in 2020 managed to get himself sent off for dissent because they can't stop arguing with the referee after they've been booked.

23. Thanks (3): bubba zanetti, J.., _OC_

Denmark

And that is CRAZY.... because passion/love of the game has nothing todo with how many cards you get. You can easily make a big difference for your team without having a rough attitude/ruthless mentality

Player / number of games / red / yellow
    Michael Laudrup 550 0 24
    Ryan Giggs 930 0 48
    Phillip Lahm 642 0 49
    Iniesta 745 0 64
    Michel Platini 259 0 4
    Christian Eriksen 512 0 27
    Karim Benzema 672 0 13

All the people mentioned above, either is, or were great players, that had a lot of passion for this game! Otherwise none of them would have made it this far.
    Combined over 4000 games with no red cards dealt, not Conte's cup of tea, but just to prove my point.

It's sickening that Conte would never ever use any of them in his teams, in his simple mindset he would deny and not acknowledge that they would bring a lot of other good traits that is needed to the table, other than just tackling and ruthless mentality. That is mind-blowing.

25. Thanks (3): ADRossi, DIN011, J..

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

94 10 years of FIF
    And that is CRAZY.... because passion/love of the game has nothing todo with how many cards you get. You can easily make a big difference for your team without having a rough attitude/ruthless mentality

Player / number of games / red / yellow
    Michael Laudrup 550 0 24
    Ryan Giggs 930 0 48
    Phillip Lahm 642 0 49
    Iniesta 745 0 64
    Michel Platini 259 0 4
    Christian Eriksen 512 0 27
    Karim Benzema 672 0 13

All the people mentioned above, either is, or were great players, that had a lot of passion for this game! Otherwise none of them would have made it this far.
    Combined over 4000 games with no red cards dealt, not Conte's cup of tea, but just to prove my point.

It's sickening that Conte would never ever use any of them in his teams, in his simple mindset he would deny and not acknowledge that they would bring a lot of other good traits that is needed to the table, other than just tackling and ruthless mentality. That is mind-blowing.
    These fans deserve Arturo Vidal.

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Red cards have nothing to do with passion.

Go look at how many games Zanetti played for us and how many red cards he got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossati
    Every time an interesting player from another team expresses any interest in us, we start acting like beggars - ausilio certainly looks the part: unshaved, always looks like he hasn't slept in days, I wouldn't be surprised if he smells - and constantly try to get the deal done with lowball offers.

28. Thanks (5): Edward., Fetajogger, J.., n4l, rfU

Fav. Player
    Gagliardinho

Indonesia

Conte never like Eriksen.

Even Marotta give Conte prime Iniesta, Xavi, De Bruyne, Modric, and Kroos.

He will start Gagliardini.
    Gagliardini best italian midfielders 2020/2021

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo&Vieri

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Ethor View Post

well rhis is just stupid...first you cant compare player vs player but position and his role on the field, second is you swap players it doesnt mean they will have the same role so this is pointless....

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Essere nerazzurri come guidare una moto: adrenalina e voglia di vincere tutto. - Il dottore

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

Quote Originally Posted by junkie View Post
    well rhis is just stupid...first you cant compare player vs player but position and his role on the field, second is you swap players it doesnt mean they will have the same role so this is pointless....

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    And your point is?