Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Injuries and Suspensions Thread

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Injuries and Suspensions Thread

VIERI BANNED FOR ONE UEFA CUP MATCH
    Thursday, 04 March 2004 18:29:55
    MILAN - European football's governing body Uefa has informed Inter that Christian Vieri will be suspended for one match after being sent off against Sochaux on Wednesday evening and according to referee Stephen Graham Bennett's report. The disciplinary matter will be completed on Wednesday 10 March, the day before Inter's Uefa Cup fourth-round first leg away to Benfica. Nerazzurri lawyers are already at work to demonstrate the inconsistency of the fact.

====================================

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

BULLETIN: ADANI SPRAINS HAND
    Thursday, 04 March 2004 17:50:00
    APPIANO GENTILE - The Nerazzurri who took part in last night's Uefa Cup draw at home to Sochaux did some jogging and performed warm-down and stretching exercises during today's training session at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre. Defender Daniele Adani took part in the session despite suffering a left-hand sprain in last night's match at the Meazza which required bandaging.

The rest of the squad did an athletic session, with aerobic exercises for some and strength-building work for others, followed by a practice match.

The players currently working to improve physical condition trained individually, as below:

Almeyda : running at a continuous pace, muscle-strengthening work

Cannavaro : running at a continuous pace

Coco : therapy, muscle-strengthening work

Emre : therapy, exercises in gym

Gamarra : jumps on sand track, weight-dragging exercises

Recoba : jogging

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

RECOBA SUSPENSION REDUCED
    Thursday, 04 March 2004 16:14:50
    MILAN - After hearing the appeals of Nerazzurri Alvaro Recoba and Dejan Stankovic this morning, the Lega Calcio Disciplinary Commission has announced its decision to reduce the Uruguayan forward's ban by one match.

Recoba will therefore miss Sunday's match at the Olimpico and will be newly available for selection to Zaccheroni's squad for the Serie A Week 25 match at home to ChievoVerona.

Stankovic 's two-match suspension remains in place.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    MILAN - Inter president Giacinto Facchetti has arrived in London together with captain Javier Zanetti where they will participate in the Fifa centenary gala celebrations tonight.

Informed of the Lega Calcio Disciplinary Commission's decisions reagrding Inter's appeals against the suspensions of Dejan Stankovic and Alvaro Recoba , Facchetti commented: "The reduction of Recoba 's suspension was the least expected when you consider all the elements of the episode.

"As far as Stankovic is concerned, we have decided to appeal to the CAF (Federal Appeals Commission). Our lawyers are examining the Disciplinary Commission's motivations so they can prepare the adequate dossier."

:roll: :?:

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    Beati injured again.

Nicola Beati, gli esiti dell'ecografia
    Rottura del corno posteriore del menisco mediale del ginocchio destro, la diagnosi dello staff medico alabardato
    Stilata la diagnosi dell'infortunio patito da Nicola Beati nella gara di giovedì scorso al San Paolo di Napoli.
    "Gli esami ecografici - ha spiegato il dottor Paolo Bergagna, responsabile dello staff medico della Triestina Calcio - hanno evidenziato la rottura del corno posteriore del menisco mediale del ginocchio destro, situazione sanabile esclusivamente con un intervento chirurgico. L'infortunio - ha commentato il medico - non ha interessato il legamento già operato in precedenza ma non consentirà a Nicola Beati di scendere nuovamente in campo prima della fine del campionato in corso".
    Il centrocampista, di proprietà dell'Internazionale F.C., verrà operato nei prossimi giorni a Milano.
    Ufficio Stampa

www.triestinacalcio.it

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Ok so after the Roma match i am sure we wont have Cordoba,Adani and Farinos...I am not sure if CZ will also be there against Chievo.What the hell will we do.!!!!
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad
    Ok so after the Roma match i am sure we wont have Cordoba,Adani and Farinos...I am not sure if CZ will also be there against Chievo.What the hell will we do.!!!!
    Gamarra is expected to be fit in few days ? he might just be back in time ?? don't know ??

Since, helveg also won't be there; there's no question in continuing with the back 3.

So, we got only Cannavaro.... Lets discuss this one later on in the game thread.

The reason bring that I also got no idea...

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    wait !! wait !!

There was bad news looking ahead to next week's match with Chievo, as Francisco Farinos, Thomas Helveg and Cristiano Zanetti were all booked and will be suspended.

So, we will play 4-4-2. :wink:
    I also checked the official site (5/6 past games) and didn't notice adani's booking in the last few games. I hope that last nite's booking won't turn in to suspension. Hope that he won't be getting any cards for atleast 20 days or so. Then Matrix will be back as well.

J.Zanetti--Adani--Cannavaro--Pasquale

:wink:

By the way, how mnay bookings = one match suspension ? Is it 2 or 3 ??

:s

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    Adani is suspended too.

BTW What the hell is going on in this club.We have hundreds of injures every f.cken year.In every game we are missing about 5 or 6 first team players.Milan ,Roma or Juve just 1 or 2.

Jimmy
    The commentator didn´t say a word about Adani being suspended. Only Helveg, Farinos and Cristiano.

Yeah, I think Jimster is right. Only CZ, Farinós and Helveg (Thank God Helveg is out)

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    No, Adani is not suspended but he won't be able to play in the 2nd leg if he's booked on the first leg.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    No, Adani is not suspended but he won't be able to play in the 2nd leg if he's booked on the first leg.

second leg ?
    We were discussing about the league. :wink:

It’s confirmed !
    Adani’s not suspended for the Chievo game. The suspended ones are :

Materazzi
    Kallon
    Cordoba
    Farinos
    C.Zanetti
    Helveg

Stankovic - He's also suspended, but as we will be appealing again and according to the rumours his suspension might be reduced. :?:

Handoyo,

I don't think Adani will be suspended for the second leg even he gets booked in the first leg as it seems that I have finally found out that : three yellow cards = one match suspension.

Here's it :

MILAN - Inter's disciplinary situation relative to Thursday evening's Uefa Cup fourth round first leg away to Benfica:

Suspended:
    Mohamed Kallon
    Marco Materazzi
    Christian Vieri

Cautioned
    Thomas Helveg
    C.Zanetti

1 yellow card
    Daniele Adani (so, he's yet to be cautioned)
    Jeremie Brechet
    Fabio Cannavaro
    Julio Ricardo Cruz
    Emre Belozoglu
    Cristian Kily Gonzalez
    Okan Buruk
    Giovanni Pasquale
    Alvaro Recoba
    J. Zanetti

:wink:

Bahrain

I know that no team can handle our injury woes and still be in our position aiming for UEFA and 4th place...They have got to find why our players get injured soo much for soo long and do something about it.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    yup.... it is definitely true !!

and for our Chievo game :

Ivan Cordoba, Thomas Helveg, Javier Francisco Farinos and Cristiano Zanetti will all miss the game through suspension, and both Mohammed Kallon and Marco Materazzi are still banned.

On top of this Matias Almeyda, Francesco Coco and Emre are all injured, and there are still doubts over Alvaro Recoba, Carlos Gamarra and Okan.

My god !!

Not to forget Stankovic's case as well. We are still yet to appeal.

:s

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Ridiculous amounto of suspensions and injuries :roll:

Bahrain

The good thing about the Chievo game is that we didnt pick up any cards.Plus we will get more than one player for our next matches...the bad news is Cannavaro's injuries.Just when he looked as good as ever with Inter we are forced to substitute him and it doesnt look good...
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

With Cannavaro out injured again we are now back to just Gamarra, Adani, and Cordoba as our CBs... hopefully Canna can come back quickly and I can't wait till Materazzi's ban is over...

Bahrain

I heard that after meeting with the doctors that Canna's injury will keep him out for 10 days...So he will miss both the Ancona game and the Benfica game..

It seems he cant get a streak of games going just as he has been doing well in the last two games against Benfica and Chievo(where he was mentioned in the best 11) He gets this injury.But slowly i am noticing the Canna that is taking responsibility in the back and living up to his name.Hopefully this is his last injury for this year and that he comes better than ever.
    Ziyad Of Boston