Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sandro Tonali

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    I agree that’s why although I want Tonali I hope we also bring a more defensive player in the midfield. A player dedicated to sitting in front of our defense, stopping attacks and playing simple would improve this team a lot. I like Brozo but he’s not that player. He’s a more offensive player and I think both he and Inter would benefit from him having less defensive responsibilities.

It may be too much to do in one window but in an ideal world we move Valero, Vecino and Gagliardini while bringing Tonali and a DM. Midfield would be Eriksen/Sensi - Dm/Brozo - Barella/Tonali. If we wanted a 7th we could have someone like Agoume.
    Someone like Thomas Partey.

2. Thanks (1): thatdude

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Kev9Inter View Post
    Someone like Thomas Partey.
    He would be great or someone like Wilfred Ndidi or Marc Roca

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    One of Kante , Ndidi, Partey in that order for me...please don’t reply to this about affordability it’s just what I wish and think would do amazing for us.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Skriniar37

Indonesia

Let me say this to you guys ... Conte already ask Federico Valverde. .
    Lautaro Martínez: Argentina's next big thing
    Milan Skriniar : Next Best Defender In The World

Fav. Player
    javier zanetti

Israel

Quote Originally Posted by magnesium View Post
    Let me say this to you guys ... Conte already ask Federico Valverde. .
    RM won't sell him, he's an amazing and important player for them.
    Save Radja.

8. Thanks (2): Il Drago, magnesium

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    I agree that’s why although I want Tonali I hope we also bring a more defensive player in the midfield. A player dedicated to sitting in front of our defense, stopping attacks and playing simple would improve this team a lot. I like Brozo but he’s not that player. He’s a more offensive player and I think both he and Inter would benefit from him having less defensive responsibilities.

It may be too much to do in one window but in an ideal world we move Valero, Vecino and Gagliardini while bringing Tonali and a DM. Midfield would be Eriksen/Sensi - Dm/Brozo - Barella/Tonali. If we wanted a 7th we could have someone like Agoume.
    I disagree. We were using Brozovic in more attacking positions for years. He had played as box to box. He had played as an AM. Mancini had even tried him as a RM. He had a decent season under Mancini but that was how far he went. In the following seasons he was very inconsistent and he couldn't start in a midfield consisting of Kondogbia, Gagliardini, Medel, Mario, Vecino and Valero. That's why he came so close to leaving the club. He started becoming crucial for Inter only when Spalletti changed his position. You can argue whether he's good enough to be our starting regista for an Inter side seriously challenging for trophies but i believe his current position suits him best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javier_zanetti <3 View Post
    RM won't sell him, he's an amazing and important player for them.
    Yeah. Zidane rates him highly. The RM midfielder we could realistically get is Ceballos but i don't think he suits Conte.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

10. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar37

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    I disagree. We were using Brozovic in more attacking positions for years. He had played as box to box. He had played as an AM. Mancini had even tried him as a RM. He had a decent season under Mancini but that was how far he went. In the following seasons he was very inconsistent and he couldn't start in a midfield consisting of Kondogbia, Gagliardini, Medel, Mario, Vecino and Valero. That's why he came so close to leaving the club. He started becoming crucial for Inter only when Spalletti changed his position. You can argue whether he's good enough to be our starting regista for an Inter side seriously challenging for trophies but i believe his current position suits him best.
    I agree with you 100%. Brozovic is most underrated midfielder in world cup. . . He can link up with Rakitic and Modric ala Busquets linkup with Xavi and Iniesta.

Brozovic already one of the best midfielder in the world in his role. No need change him. The only problem he can't play everytime.. The substitute for him is Grandpa Borja
    Lautaro Martínez: Argentina's next big thing
    Milan Skriniar : Next Best Defender In The World

United States

Relieving Brozovic of defensive responsibilities doesn’t mean we are going to be back to playing him as an AM. His game will be similar to what it is now, the difference is he will be able to participate more in the attack and drive the counter more often. If we’re playing a flat two in midfield with an AM in front then Brozo is going to be just a deep as he is now. Having someone next to him that is more positionally sound and a clear ball winner would only benefit him.

I like Brozovic and he has certainly been better since he was moved deeper but he isn’t and never will be the type of player who should sit at the base of a 3 man midfield. He is the best we got, but when you compare his characteristics to the top players in that position across Europe he is lacking. Casemiro, Fabinho, Rodri, Busquets, Partey these are the type holding midfielders for teams winning trophies across Europe have, we are sorely lacking that type of player.

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    So you would suggest benching Brozovic or Barella?

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Brozovic, hands down

16. Thanks (2): Fitzy, thatdude

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Linked to Marc Roca, his release clause is 40mil,but with current Corona times smth over 20mil will suffice for Español's current situation i read...

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    It depends, benching them for whom?

If we get a world class holding midfielder (which is what we should do), I would bench Barella. In this new "post-Eriksen" formation, we play with 2 midfielders and an AM. Ideally these two mids should be a regista and a holding mid (or two players like Brozovic who can do a bit of both, for eg: Brozo-Jorginho would be pure sex). Barella is more useful in a 3 midfielder formation, which we can still do when Eriksen needs a rest or against smaller teams. But Barella as a holding mid is not the best use of him.

United States

Yes if we’re playing Eriksen. However if Eriksen is not playing then we could have them playing LCM and RCM with an DM as the anchor. It would be a more physical Liverpool style midfield. It just gives us so many options. Especially if you add Tonali to the rotation and Sensi stays fit

20. Thanks (3): Jnr, magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Yes if we’re playing Eriksen. However if Eriksen is not playing then we could have them playing LCM and RCM with an DM as the anchor. It would be a more physical Liverpool style midfield. It just gives us so many options. Especially if you add Tonali to the rotation and Sensi stays fit

**I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Linked to Marc Roca, his release clause is 40mil,but with current Corona times smth over 20mil will suffice for Español's current situation i read...

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Not speaking for Roca's case but I wouldn't be surprised if his release clause goes down if Espanyol gets relegated, which is exceedingly likely at this point. He's obviously too good a player to play in La Segunda.

23. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

I will burn our flag if Barella is a bench player.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Now that's a flag burning that I would be outraged about...

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    I will burn our flag if Barella is a bench player.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I'd change clubs if Barella is benched. He is the only midfielder in our squad who is worth keeping.

27. Thanks (5): Lui, magnesium, MVD, Strale, zodd

Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

Finland

72 10 years of FIF

Chinese tv apparently had an ad like this.

edit. oh it was in the match thread already
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini

29. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by alvaro View Post

Chinese tv apparently had an ad like this.

edit. oh it was in the match thread already
    Lol
    Why does he have a violin?

31. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude