Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Achraf Hakimi

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    Di Marzio said that Man City and Bayern were interested and even offered upto 60mil, but Hakimi wanted to join us

Maybe after he raped us in the second half of that game in Dortmund, he knew he'd walk right into our starting line-up no questions asked
    I mean, not hard to figure out. If he didn't want to deal with Carvajal, at best, splitting time with him, then going to Bayern (Pavard) or Man City (Walker and/or Cancelo) wasn't going to be much different for him. His competition here is Candreva. I don't think he's worried about how that's going to turn out.

I'm not even trying to say this to toot my own horn - who else could care about something so insignificant - but this wasn't a hard one to read the tea leaves as least as far as what our chances were IF we were to put our name in the hat. It was entirely a matter of whether we were willing to spend the money. Hakimi was a first-choice, undisputed starter the last two seasons at a CL club that finished second in their league. He wasn't going to want to move elsewhere (or back, in Madrid's case) to a team that wasn't going to use him as an undisputed starter. Nor should he have done that. And especially with a 3ATB set-up, he had a definite fit here. These were two puzzle pieces that definitely fit together, it just needed the puzzle solver to figure it out and see the bigger picture before he got frustrated and gave up. This is where Beppe's crooked eyes made it easier to see what went where and in a quick enough time.

2. Thanks (4): GenDire, rfU, SiamoNoi, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    I mean, not hard to figure out. If he didn't want to deal with Carvajal, at best, splitting time with him, then going to Bayern (Pavard) or Man City (Walker and/or Cancelo) wasn't going to be much different for him. His competition here is Candreva. I don't think he's worried about how that's going to turn out.

I'm not even trying to say this to toot my own horn - who else could care about something so insignificant - but this wasn't a hard one to read the tea leaves as least as far as what our chances were IF we were to put our name in the hat. It was entirely a matter of whether we were willing to spend the money. Hakimi was a first-choice, undisputed starter the last two seasons at a CL club that finished second in their league. He wasn't going to want to move elsewhere (or back, in Madrid's case) to a team that wasn't going to use him as an undisputed starter. Nor should he have done that. And especially with a 3ATB set-up, he had a definite fit here. These were two puzzle pieces that definitely fit together, it just needed the puzzle solver to figure it out and see the bigger picture before he got frustrated and gave up. This is where Beppe's crooked eyes made it easier to see what went where and in a quick enough time.
    And still people are in disbelief over his move. Fucking retards.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

4. Thanks (1): MVD

United States

This is a great move for us. Try and remember though this kid is still just 21. He’s far from the finished article but he definitely has a ton of potential and has already developed into a dangerous player. I think a few seasons under Conte can take him to another level. I hope the price tag doesn’t put too much pressure on him. He can play at RWB or LWB and would already be a massive upgrade over what we have there.

6. Thanks (2): MVD, rfU

Fav. Player
    LM10
    Old name
    hansolo

Chile

Quote Originally Posted by syrus View Post
    Zidane is Algerian and he is Moroccan , historical feud's
    Joking aside, have not seen much of him apart from his impressive game against us.
    Could be what we have been missing down the right
    Yea, im really in the dark about this player. He is hyped which is good I guess. Was just wondering why Real let him go.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    There, you had to jinx it. Now it will be your fault if Candreva keeps Hakimi on the bench next season.

Jokes apart, I am so happy with this signing. Hakimi may take time to adjust to Inter and Serie A, but I have a good feeling about this. All credit to Inter management. We are finally a well run club, after so many years of utter mismanagement.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 28 Jun 20 at 02:21.

9. Thanks (1): delaurentis

Fav. Player
    L'pool Youtube

Yugoslavia

11. Thanks (6): Bluenine, diamen, eduzee, Jnr, MVD, surripere

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Am I the only one who is worried about this deal?

IMO, offensively he won't be able to use his pace and dribbling as much as he used to in Bundesliga and defensively he needs a lot of work.
    Conte's 3-4-1-2 might suit him as he won't have defensive duties as much as in a 4 man defense, I'll give you that.

Hope I'm wrong and he does well so finally after 10 years we won't have to worry about the right back position.
    Ajax just thrashed Juve!! Fuck whoever uses the 'experience' excuse for signing bunch of mediocre 30+ year olds who do nothing other than laying in the treatment room and demanding high wages.

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post

IMO, offensively he won't be able to use his pace and dribbling as much as he used to in Bundesliga and defensively he needs a lot of work.
    Conte's 3-4-1-2 might suit him as he won't have defensive duties as much as in a 4 man defense, I'll give you that.

Hope I'm wrong and he does well so finally after 10 years we won't have to worry about the right back position.
    Lots of people wanted Cancelo who was extremely soft defensively and that was in a back 4. Hakimi would be playing in a back 5 so less defensive responsibility and he's better than Cancelo imo.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Baggio

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    Lots of people wanted Cancelo who was extremely soft defensively and that was in a back 4. Hakimi would be playing in a back 5 so less defensive responsibility and he's better than Cancelo imo.
    Everyone thinks he's bad defensively. He's not. He's already ahead of Moses/Biraghi in that regard. By no means is he Maicon or Zanetti but he's 21...

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post

I don't think he relies only on his speed. From the games against us i remember that he has good technique as well.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by compile View Post
    Everyone thinks he's bad defensively. He's not. He's already ahead of Moses/Biraghi in that regard. By no means is he Maicon or Zanetti but he's 21...
    I seriously doubt that. I'm putting automatically an Italian defender in front any kid coming from Bundesliga when it comes to defending ability. I'm sure Hakimi needs to adapt to Italian football and Conte's football. What is great in Hakimi is the pace and ability to use it with the ball, that works in defence too as he can start counter attacks simply with his pace.

17. Thanks (1): compile

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

I mean just a fact that he can dribble past the players puts him ahead of all of our wingbacks, and gives us something we dont have. We have how many of them fuckers and only asamoah can pass the player that way once in a blue moon, and he is on missing people report for a few months now, so we cant even count on that.

19. Thanks (4): eduzee, rfU, SiamoNoi, thatdude

Italy

For what they are worth, I have watched a few YouTube videos of him, just to have a basic understanding of what kind of player he is.

He's incredibly fast paced, has good control of the ball and fairly good technique. He is an assist machine but also provides some goals.

So I can see why many consider him a perfect player in Conte's game plan.

We have addressed one of the biggest problems of our starting 11 by buying a good and young player, so we are moving in the right direction.

On a more personal note, I like footballers who consider their chances of playing a priority.

Now something similar on the opposite side wouldn't hurt.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

21. Thanks (4): eduzee, ElDuccio, Javier'sSon, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar37

Indonesia

For anyone guess who Hakimi should read this article :

https://www.the12thman.in/hakimi-vs-...-in-the-world/

https://sport360.com/article/footbal...-way-in-tier-1

I hope this will help you
    Lautaro Martínez: Argentina's next big thing
    Milan Skriniar : Next Best Defender In The World

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Offensively he does exactly what is needed from a wing back. Defensively it's not ideal to judge because of how Dortmund plays as well as how German teams play, but he tends to stay stranded up front when the ball moves back to his box.
    But he is definitely weaker than the average full back defensively.

Having fast players in football is a major advantage but the side effect is that it forced every teammate in their vicinity to up their speed a bit which can be exhausting for some because these guys are used to covering a lot of space in less time so tactically they need to adjust. I don't worry much about this end with Hakimi but it will depend on how long his adjustment period will be.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

24. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Jnr

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Think of all the times Candreva finds himself 1:1 with the keeper or being tasked with the final ball, and how many times he fucks it.

Having Hakimi there will make all the difference.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

26. Thanks (2): bjwam4, SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    For what they are worth, I have watched a few YouTube videos of him, just to have a basic understanding of what kind of player he is.

He's incredibly fast paced, has good control of the ball and fairly good technique. He is an assist machine but also provides some goals.

So I can see why many consider him a perfect player in Conte's game plan.

We have addressed one of the biggest problems of our starting 11 by buying a good and young player, so we are moving in the right direction.

On a more personal note, I like footballers who consider their chances of playing a priority.

Now something similar on the opposite side wouldn't hurt.
    Hakimis ability are exactly the ones who a good football player has to have in the modern football era that we life now. Being fast, having a good technique and a good ball controll, that 3 points you listed, are for me really important. Mbappe is maybe the best example for that kind of player. Todays football works like that, one time it was more about the defensive abilitys of the team and players. Pace was less important then now.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    Hakimis ability are exactly the ones who a good football player has to have in the modern football era that we life now. Being fast, having a good technique and a good ball controll, that 3 points you listed, are for me really important. Mbappe is maybe the best example for that kind of player. Todays football works like that, one time it was more about the defensive abilitys of the team and players. Pace was less important then now.
    Pace was always important. The problem pacey players had was that they run out of gas sooner than these days and they had to preserve energy.

Mbappe is once in a generation, I wouldn't call him a leader of some modern player pack, there's no one out there like him. He's like Ronaldo lite.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    I seriously doubt that. I'm putting automatically an Italian defender in front any kid coming from Bundesliga when it comes to defending ability. I'm sure Hakimi needs to adapt to Italian football and Conte's football. What is great in Hakimi is the pace and ability to use it with the ball, that works in defence too as he can start counter attacks simply with his pace.

Biraghi and Candreva can't defend, at all. Biraghi got bullied by the same Hakimi guy and did little to no harm offensively against him as well. Candreva has Barella covering behind him all the time.
    We are playing 3 at the back so he will have a bigger imact offensively which is what we need. Gosens and Hateboer are always deep in the opponents half, the opposition full backs can't even push forward because all they can do for 90 minutes is try and defend on them. That's what we need. Not Biraghi and Candreva spamming crosses without even trying to beat the defender.

30. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Our former player Houssine Kharja basically confirmed the rumour Inter wanted Hakimi in the past but Spalletti had rejected him as he said Ausilio had asked him about Hakimi two years ago.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

32. Thanks (2): Howl, MVD