Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: Inter - Brescia (1 Jul 20)

Macedonia

SPAL is on the same level as Brescia. And we beat them only 2-1 at the Meazza while we were first on the table this season.

Napoli, who I think are in a good form at the moment, beat them 3-1 after an equalizer for 1-1 by Spal just a few days ago. Serie A is not an easy league to play in.

Point is, there is no need to downplay the meaning of this victory. Especially after we struggled a lot for a long time now, even before the break, and in recent games too.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    SPAL is on the same level as Brescia.
    They have 6 victories:
    2-1 vs Lazio
    1-0 vs Parma
    1-2 vs Torino away
    1-2 vs Atalanta (!!!) away
    0-1 vs Parma away

and now they are leading against bbilan 2-0 at home... there is something weird as to why they are at the bottom of the table
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

3. Thanks (2): Glass box, MVD

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    SPAL is on the same level as Brescia. And we beat them only 2-1 at the Meazza while we were first on the table this season.

Napoli, who I think are in a good form at the moment, beat them 3-1 after an equalizer for 1-1 by Spal just a few days ago. Serie A is not an easy league to play in.

Point is, there is no need to downplay the meaning of this victory. Especially after we struggled a lot for a long time now, even before the break, and in recent games too.
    I don't want to downplay this victory but every factor needs to be considered: today's sparring partner was a team that has already given up, and after our first goal did little to resist us.

That said, we played an overall good match, no doubt about it.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Serbia

Seen the game but I was very tired and didn't really pay attention to mistakes and tactics, just tried to enjoy it. This was almost a pre-season game against some Serie C club and should be considered like a sparring match instead of an actual challenge. Random thoughts:

Really glad that Sanchez scored and also assisted again.
    I didn't agree with subbing Eriksen in because I thought he would only get tired but then he both scored and assisted too and that made me happy because he is building his confidence and that can only be good.
    3 italians scoring, and also 3 ex-EPL players scoring. Lautaro had some nice chances (that pirouette spin with a shot that went too high) but again couldn't score. I hope he doesn't fall in a rut mentally, you could tell he was visibly upset with himself. Conte yelled at him and cursed a lot.
    Bastoni fucking boss. He can defend, he can attack, he isn't afraid to drift forward and to get involved in an attack, love this kid.
    Barella invisible as hell. I don't know why or how, I don't know if he was a problem or Gags, didn't pay that much attention, but also didn't notice him until really late into the game.
    Valero with another solid match... he ran, he was everywhere, he did his everything. Can't complain about his part, he did well.
    D'ambrosio didn't get challenged but he scored and that makes me happy because he spent a lot of time on the bench this season and he deserved this.
    Moses with probably his best match in our shirt so far. Keep it coming. Young decent. The problem with Young is that he gives a solid performance but then fucks it up with a hard blunder and that really dilutes the impression. Generally speaking I have no issues if we keep both of these players.

Brescia fell apart but Tonali had some really nice moments. Stole possession a bunch of times, guarded the ball decently. Botched some passes but not a suprise given what he has to work with.
    Hopefully the boys get some much needed confidence after this, I especially loved that we didn't ease up in the second half (which would've been understandable given that we play again in a few days). Instead we kept attacking and Conte deserves respect for that if anything.

7. Thanks (3): forzainter257, GenDire, MVD

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Canada

nice to experience one of these games once in a while, seems like such a rare thing this past decade

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano View Post
    nice to experience one of these games once in a while, seems like such a rare thing this past decade
    Agree but the late changes make no sense. We are up 4-0 against a team that has given up.

Why not put Esposito and Pirola in. fine 2 of the subs both scored but game was over. If a player can’t handle the pressure against the worst team in the league and being up 4-0 then probably shouldn’t be part of the 1st team
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Italy

Yesterday the team played a great match! All players have played one of their better match in the season!

The defence is much better with Bastoni on the left and also D'Ambrosio played very well!

Moses and Young are our best wings at the moment and yesterday we saw that!

Sanchez was a monster yesterday, man of the match! Goal, assists and a lot a magic skills!

The only one that didn't played well was Lautaro... Too much nervous, currently he is not able to score in any way...

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    I wouldn't draw any conclusion out of this match. Brescia plays in the wrong league.
    Agreed and especially for our wingbacks. Dont hope too much of Young/Candreva/Moses because they played a great game today.