Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Achraf Hakimi

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Hakimi was very poor, no question. As others have said, he's been in weak form for a while now. I agree 100%.

That said, he's not being helped out much either. I lost count of the amount of times Barella screwed him over against Bologna. On that note, I don't know what the fuck Nico was doing today in general, seriously bad game from Barella, potentially his worst since joining the club.

Several times, Barella got the ball and sprinted forward with Hakimi on his right and Lukaku to his left. Every single fucking time he held on to the ball way too long, which caused Hakimi to run out of space. Then, after stopping dead and losing all momentum, he passes to Hakimi who has lost the advantage of his pace, and is stuck 1v1 against a defender in the corner.

Everyone knows that Hakimi is not a winger who thrives in tight spaces, who beats a man 1v1 with skills and trickery. No, he's a horse who is devastating when played into open space. That's why every single time, he played a short one-two with the nearest player and made a run towards the byline.

I felt mad sorry for the kid watching him trying to play one-two with fucking Ranocchia of all people

I won't even discuss the numerous times he made a sprint down the right only for Barella to under-hit or misplace a pass for him like a fucking amateur.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a huge deal. They're both young players and will have bad games. Barella and Hakimi are two of our precious untouchables so I'm not that upset about their performances.

But I have a pet peeve about Barella and that is the way he sets up Hakimi, very often, with poor consideration for the best utilization of his skills. Barella ALWAYS either underhits or overhits passes to Hakimi.

It results in: 1) Hakimi losing his momentum and the ability to exploit his deadly pace, and 2) Hakimi having to sprint his ass off to reach the ball before it goes out for a goal kick, which in turn forces him into a real shit, uncontrolled cross.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Italy

People have to remember that Hakimi is still a bit raw. I've been particularly impressed with how he's adapted to Italian football in his first season. He's going through a bit of a rough patch of form right now, but he's well ahead of schedule in the grand scheme of things.

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacquez View Post
    Yes, it seems more and more like he's a one-trick pony.

Taking his performances this year into consideration, I wouldn't mind selling him for even the smallest of profits this summer, and re-investing in a player like Cancelo, though that is unrealistic.
    Cancelo is great going forward but he hasn't improved the defensive aspect of his game since he left Inter. Conte would have a fit with his poor defending. He even had no qualms benching Hakimi for Darmian till he worked on his defence.

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Hakimi was very poor, no question. As others have said, he's been in weak form for a while now. I agree 100%.

That said, he's not being helped out much either. I lost count of the amount of times Barella screwed him over against Bologna. On that note, I don't know what the fuck Nico was doing today in general, seriously bad game from Barella, potentially his worst since joining the club.

Several times, Barella got the ball and sprinted forward with Hakimi on his right and Lukaku to his left. Every single fucking time he held on to the ball way too long, which caused Hakimi to run out of space. Then, after stopping dead and losing all momentum, he passes to Hakimi who has lost the advantage of his pace, and is stuck 1v1 against a defender in the corner.

Everyone knows that Hakimi is not a winger who thrives in tight spaces, who beats a man 1v1 with skills and trickery. No, he's a horse who is devastating when played into open space. That's why every single time, he played a short one-two with the nearest player and made a run towards the byline.

I felt mad sorry for the kid watching him trying to play one-two with fucking Ranocchia of all people

I won't even discuss the numerous times he made a sprint down the right only for Barella to under-hit or misplace a pass for him like a fucking amateur.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a huge deal. They're both young players and will have bad games. Barella and Hakimi are two of our precious untouchables so I'm not that upset about their performances.

But I have a pet peeve about Barella and that is the way he sets up Hakimi, very often, with poor consideration for the best utilization of his skills. Barella ALWAYS either underhits or overhits passes to Hakimi.

It results in: 1) Hakimi losing his momentum and the ability to exploit his deadly pace, and 2) Hakimi having to sprint his ass off to reach the ball before it goes out for a goal kick, which in turn forces him into a real shit, uncontrolled cross.
    Totally agree, most of the times, i didnt get why barella scream at hakimi when it was clear it barella pass to ball too fucking late, and hakimi couldnt do shit.
    Yea he in shit form, but big part of this in my opinion is in the way we play, we play too fucking slow, some players hold the ball too fucking much(brozo,barllea) and when he finally get the ball, he out of space and cant use his speed at all and nothing else that make him such a monster, the team need speed up things and then im sure he will look so much at better form..

7. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

Eriksen Hakimi combo would be much better, Barella holds fkn ball too much.

Fav. Player
    Inter Milan
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Burundi

Quote Originally Posted by bubba zanetti View Post
    Relax, he did it twice in one game. Barella is burned out and the whole team looked like shit yesterday. Blaming ONE person for yesterday's game is not the right way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    i think you've forgotten the creative genius that was a midfield of Zanetti-Vieira-Cambiasso with Stankovic in front
    tiki-whati
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    I think we should say - Skriniar Milan, because Milan should be in second place.

10. Thanks (2): MVD, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba zanetti View Post
    In attack, perhaps. But Eriksen-Hakimi combo sounds like suicide defensively down that flank.

Italy

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    In attack, perhaps. But Eriksen-Hakimi combo sounds like suicide defensively down that flank.
    Eriksen-Perisic is just fine, so I don't see why not.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Peppino Prisco facci un gol

13. Thanks (1): Ottoman empire

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I actually don’t think Hakimi is all that bad defensively. He works hard and has good recovery speed obviously. It might be more of an issue if he played in a back 4 as a fullback but with 3 very competent CD’s behind him, it’s fine.

Fav. Player
    Gagliardinho

Indonesia

This season is Hakimi first season in Serie A. FIF need chill. Everyone must see what happen to Eriksen.
    Gagliardini best italian midfielders 2020/2021

16. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Malta

I don’t think people understand the fear this man puts to the opposition. Even if he’s having a bad game he had the ability to put the burners on in one moment and cause serious serious issues. Yes he needs to work on his consistency but with him on the pitch there is always that threat. I remember a game against Roma when we took him off and all of a sudden our threat was gone and it gave Roma the confidence to pin us onto our own half

Italy

It's true. It also reflects the signs of our times when any pacey player is considered extremely dangerous.
    Hakimi had great ball skills, it's not like he's a Walcott or a Biabiany, but I think he'd be struggling a lot more 10 years ago if he was brought to replace Maicon for example. Has a long way to grow and needs to elevate his defensive game because so far it's close to very bad.
    Which is why people expect him to overperform day in and day out offensively, to compensate for the lack of defensive set, so when he has a few bad passes, crosses or shots, people diss his game. But he's far more than someone who contributes to the offensive output. He's also a right back and he needs everyone on his flank to be performing well, that means Skriniar, Barella and Lukaku. Cannot say that they have vs Bologna.

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    I think he has to improve his decision making and technique. I mean, against Bologna he had few good chances to deliver a great balls but he failed as he always tried to pass the ball on the feet of his teammates. Sometimes he just needs to launch the pass into perspective. The other thing is his game 1 vs. 1. Defenders have already adapted to his attempts to beat them only with pace and he's obviously struggling often. Hakimi should add 1-2 tricks more to become more unpredictable.

PS. I've read somewhere that we slapped 50mln price on him with Arsenal interested. I hope to be a fake rumor.

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    we gotta remember his age, to be fair, too. He's an extremely raw, but extremely talented, player. I have no doubt another season of Conte will really help to round him out, too. Just gotta keep improving him. He's a long way from Maicon, but he's still not far off Maicon's goalscoring record for a season already. He'll grow as the team grows. We also need to get into the advanced training ground plays to utilise him better.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    I think he has to improve his decision making and technique. I mean, against Bologna he had few good chances to deliver a great balls but he failed as he always tried to pass the ball on the feet of his teammates. Sometimes he just needs to launch the pass into perspective. The other thing is his game 1 vs. 1. Defenders have already adapted to his attempts to beat them only with pace and he's obviously struggling often. Hakimi should add 1-2 tricks more to become more unpredictable.

PS. I've read somewhere that we slapped 50mln price on him with Arsenal interested. I hope to be a fake rumor.
    The rumours about Arsenal are mostly coming from England and they have been there since January. I am reluctant to believe them for two reasons:

1) It makes no sense for Inter to sell Hakimi only to make marginal capital gains

2) I see no reason why Hakimi would be willing to go to Arsenal of all teams. If he leaves Inter, he will go to much better teams than Arsenal.

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    we gotta remember his age, to be fair, too. He's an extremely raw, but extremely talented, player. I have no doubt another season of Conte will really help to round him out, too. Just gotta keep improving him. He's a long way from Maicon, but he's still not far off Maicon's goalscoring record for a season already. He'll grow as the team grows. We also need to get into the advanced training ground plays to utilise him better.
    Kind of irrelevant in the big picture. We score more, the league scores more, so it's not really a fair comparison. I'm pretty confident Maicon would have double figures in scoring in the last couple of seasons. Even Candreva had 7 goals last season and when he was barely scoring at all for us.

He is definitely helpful by producing offensive output, but let's not make such comparisons for his sake.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo&Vieri

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Relax, he did it twice in one game. Barella is burned out and the whole team looked like shit yesterday. Blaming ONE person for yesterday's game is not the right way to go.
    I think barella is more mad on himself than on hakimi...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Essere nerazzurri come guidare una moto: adrenalina e voglia di vincere tutto. - Il dottore

France

The player whom Hakimi combines best is Lukaku I think.

Like how many time Lukaku is holding the ball with the defender on his back, Hakimi speed up and Lukaku launch him on the right side.

I saw this setpiece way many times and I think it's deadly.

26. Thanks (2): Glass box, magnesium

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post

Like how many time Lukaku is holding the ball with the defender on his back, Hakimi speed up and Lukaku launch him on the right side.
    It's definitely Sanchez, he's the only one who sees his overlapping runs and sends a well weighted pass his way.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post

I saw this setpiece way many times and I think it's deadly.
    It works that way but not vice-versa.