Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 253233343536 LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Forwards Rumours Thread

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    An in-form Piatek is probably the best striker in current Serie A.
    I've read some great stuff from you lately so I cannot believe that you actually believe this.

Can you please elaborate?

For me it's easily:

1. Lukaku
    2. Dzeko
    3. Belloti
    4. Ibrahimovic
    5. Imobille
    6. Lautaro

There is probably more but this 6 clear strikers are easily level above Piatek.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

2. Thanks (3): ADRossi, MVD, Wings

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Zlatan is too old, the others are way too wasteful and need 10 chances for a goal. Piatek was super clinical in that 7-8 month stretch he was in form, that only an in-form Belotti could compare but he never had the chances to be that effective and he's also a player who likes to pass as well as good a striker as he is.

It's a big question is Piatek was a season wonder or not, but if we play with him and give him 5-8 chances a game that either Lukaku or Lautaro gets, I trust that he'd be making better use of them in the long run.

Either way, I'm only advocating a loan + option deal here and the chance to get a 3rd striker that can score goals in limited time and space and has been successful in Serie A. He failed at Milan because they collectively failed. They got him and Paqueta for 70m and expected to challenge the Scudetto when they could barely challenge for a top 4 spot. Not fair to him to hold that entirely against him.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

4. Thanks (1): German_Interista

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    He failed at Milan because they collectively failed. They got him and Paqueta for 70m and expected to challenge the Scudetto when they could barely challenge for a top 4 spot. Not fair to him to hold that entirely against him.
    I wouldn't mind Piatek either, but i don't think he failed at Milan because he was weighed down by expectations. It was a combination of things: bad service, unsuited play style, diving, bad relationship with some of his team mates and in many ways he is a limited player (dribbling and passing, and I do believe Kaku has a better touch and ball control). I could roll with a loan + option. But I definitely disagree that he would be the best striker in current Serie A were we to sign him.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I said when in form, not in general.

Agreed on the multitude of reasons why he didn't do as expected at Milan. He started off well but when he changed number and the new season started it went downhill for him. He still has a chance to be effective at a strong team.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Roberto Baggio

Indonesia

I check this forum to find new update about Gomez's transfer, but I can't find anything new.

Poland

I am a person who watched Piątek a lot and I was very impressed with his performances during Genoa period, but after that he didn't develop at all. He started to believe he is top-class striker and didn't improve recently. He was very strong and quick in Genoa, but right now he lost his strength and he is losing most of the physical duels. He looked terrible in Milan when he was asked to protect the ball and play back to the opponent's goal.
    He is fine finisher, but nothing more. He could maybe score the chances which LuLa are wasting, but LuLa are able to create chances by themselves and they are able to take in part in build-up play while Piątek is unable to do that. His technique and first touch are also low-level.

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    I check this forum to find new update about Gomez's transfer, but I can't find anything new.
    He is going to Bbilan.

10. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Youth team

Canada

10 years of FIF
    Caceido or Papu. Hmmmm
    FORZA INTER TILL I DIE! Mi chiamo Salvatore.

Fav. Player
    difensa

Europe

73 10 years of FIF
    "Prepared to offer 7 mil for Felipe Caicedo (32 anni)"

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Gianluca

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by dynasty27 View Post
    "Prepared to offer 7 mil for Felipe Caicedo (32 anni)"
    Feck Felipe Caicedo, give us Memphis Depay, Moussa Marega, Christian Benteke or Vincent Aboubakar at worst

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Caicedo would be a perfect addition indeed, but we need sales before we can add 7m€ player. And what kind of contract he wants? He's 32.

Also, he would replace Lukaku's target playing ability but obviously cannot replace the running. How much would he play here?

16. Thanks (2): Palacio, Universe

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    If true, he will be a wise signing. In my view he is as effective as Immobile or Duvan Zapata at at a fraction of their cost.

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    There is a dedicated thread for him, please check there: http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...jandro-G%F3mez

Vieri said we should sign Caicedo couple of weeks ago and now the rumour source is Lalaziosiamonoi, so I`d wait for more serious papers before biting it.

I say we tempt Spezia and get the Lukaku profile striker in a younger version. Have you seen force-of-nature M'Bala Nzola?

1,85 m tall, only 24 years old and very relaxed in front of the goal. Just look at his stats with Spezia FFS: 8 goals in 12 apps this season. Watch him and you`ll understand why I think he should satisfy Conte`s fetish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Plan B please
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

20. Thanks (3): magnesium, MVD, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

No Caicedo,we don't need poor's man Lukaku,we need upgrade in our game and that is Papu Gomez. Stupid Cunte.

22. Thanks (2): Linege, magnesium

Fav. Player
    Gagliardinho

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    There is a dedicated thread for him, please check there: http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...jandro-G%F3mez

Vieri said we should sign Caicedo couple of weeks ago and now the rumour source is Lalaziosiamonoi, so I`d wait for more serious papers before biting it.

I say we tempt Spezia and get the Lukaku profile striker in a younger version. Have you seen force-of-nature M'Bala Nzola?

1,85 m tall, only 24 years old and very relaxed in front of the goal. Just look at his stats with Spezia FFS: 8 goals in 12 apps this season. Watch him and you`ll understand why I think he should satisfy Conte`s fetish.
    The problem is Spezia doesn't want sell him to us. Same as we don't want sell Lukaku in mid season.

Caicedo on other hand just bench option for Lazio. Caicedo very deadly whenever he play at last minute.
    Gagliardini best italian midfielders 2020/2021

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Occasionally that Eder rumor pops up in my mind and I can't stop myself having a laugh. That's nearly rock bottom. The only thing worse would be to re-sign David Suazo from Inter Forever.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25. Thanks (2): Linege, Tamirk

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Considering latest rumors that Suning want to get rid of us it's understandable that we are linked only to old farts and cheap deals.

27. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sdvroot View Post
    Feck Felipe Caicedo, give us Memphis Depay, Moussa Marega, Christian Benteke or Vincent Aboubakar at worst
    Depay would actually be a good long-term replacement for Alexis. I wouldn't mind signing him on a free in the summer.
    #CONTEOUT

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Depay demands a big salary and we still have Alexis for 2 more years after this season

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Depay demands a big salary and we still have Alexis for 2 more years after this season
    You only see it from a financial point of view. Alexis has at best one good year left in him. So best case scenario you will have to bring a replacement in 2022. Since you can't afford significant transfer fees you need to take market opportunities when offered. Else, you will simply get stuck with an ageing squad that has no room for improvement.
    #CONTEOUT

32. Thanks (2): MVD, Palacio