Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34414243444546 LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Midfielders Rumours Thread

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    Exchanging Eriksen for Xhaka is the stuff of nightmares.
    Eriksen is not the type to ruin his Spurs legacy in such a manner. And even if he is that desperate, I refuse to believe that Marotta can be so stupid to consider this swap. Xhaka is shite.

2. Thanks (4): eduzee, magnesium, MVD, Palacio

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Would love to get Roca on loan with Kimmich due to return. Good possession player who can control the tempo and spray passes without effort.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Federated States of Micronesia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    Exchanging Eriksen for Xhaka is the stuff of nightmares.
    Paredes-Eriksen swap makes more sense and good for all parties. Ofc if PSG rate Paredes 12m.
    Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

5. Thanks (1): Strale

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    How has Paredes done at PSG? I liked him in his brief spell at Roma a few years ago.

7. Thanks (1): ADRossi

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

They are really going Xhaka for Eriksen... Oh my gawd.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    IBRA,ADRI,CHINO

Finland

72 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba zanetti View Post
    They are really going Xhaka for Eriksen... Oh my gawd.
    I'm reading nothing new on that rumour, just media invention and hopefully stays as one. I'd rather have 2 Gagliardini's in our starting midfield than 1 Xhaka and I LOATHE gag so...
    "There are 2 great teams in Milan, Inter and Inter Primavera" - Peppino Prisco
    "Inter is a delightful disease which leaves everlasting scars" - Eugenio Bersellini

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro View Post
    I'm reading nothing new on that rumour, just media invention and hopefully stays as one. I'd rather have 2 Gagliardini's in our starting midfield than 1 Xhaka and I LOATHE gag so...
    Disagree. For all his failings Xhaka his a hell of a passer and can dictate/build from deep. But he lacks awareness, makes careless mistakes on the defensive end and is not very mobile. Aresnal are basically playing him in the wrong position. I'd have no problem playing him in a 3 man midfield with a competent DMF and Barella alongside.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Brozo > Xhaka, as inconsistent as Brozo is. Swapping Eriksen with Xhaka would be awful. Also Xhaka being able to dictate tempo is a myth, he does short passes most of the time, and he is direct, he is not someone to hold the ball and know what and when to do with it.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Netherlands

A midfield with Barella, Xhaka and Vidal is just screaming for some stupid yellow/red cards. I'd rather pass and get a dry loan-swap Eriksen-Paredes.
    Last edited by Materazzi_23; 23 Dec 20 at 13:43.

Fav. Player
    difensa

Europe

73 10 years of FIF
    This Danish midfielder is on the watchlist
    https://mobile.twitter.com/corradone...01821791625218

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    Brozo > Xhaka, as inconsistent as Brozo is. Swapping Eriksen with Xhaka would be awful. Also Xhaka being able to dictate tempo is a myth, he does short passes most of the time, and he is direct, he is not someone to hold the ball and know what and when to do with it.
    Brozo is Matthäus for Xhaka.

17. Thanks (4): DIN011, Strale, thatdude, wera

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Quote Originally Posted by dynasty27 View Post
    This Danish midfielder is on the watchlist
    https://mobile.twitter.com/corradone...01821791625218
    I wonder if there is someone at Inter who this young Dane can call for advise regarding this move
    Last edited by Bluenine; 25 Dec 20 at 21:58.

19. Thanks (3): dynasty27, magnesium, thatdude

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba zanetti View Post
    Brozo is Matthäus for Xhaka.
    One thing I like about Brozo is he almost never gets any injuries and this is a huge advantage. So keeping him isn't a bad idea.
    Last edited by Palacio; 25 Dec 20 at 17:56.

21. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Inter have identified Udinese talisman Rodrigo De Paul as perfect for coach Antonio Conte’s tactical system and will do everything possible to sign him next month, according to a report from Italian media outlet Calciomercato.com earlier today.

The report details how it all depends on the sale of Danish midfielder Christian Eriksen in the January transfer window, as the club would then re-invest that money into signing the 26-year-old Argentine midfielder, who is contracted to Udinese until 2024.

Should Inter fail to sign De Paul next month, they will return to Udinese in the summer transfer window, not wanting to give up on the 26-year-old.

De Paul has made 15 appearances across all competitions so far this season, for a total of 1367 minutes. In that time, he has scored three goals and provided three assists, being a central part of the Bianconeri’s system.

Eriksen could return to the Premier League or be reunited with former coach Mauricio Pochettino at Paris Saint-Germain
    I'm definitely fan of De Paul, i even recommended him just before his breakthrough season but not sure does he fit in the Conte system despite the article is stating otherwise.

23. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

I like De Paul, bit he will cost a lot. I read a rumour linking us to Zaccagni, he always impressed when I saw him play for Verona last season and this season he seems to have learnt how to score. Being Italian, he may suit Marotta's plans a bit more. He could rotate with Sensi for the more attacking midfield position.

But if we have money to spend, I would prioritise a ball playing DM over an AM. We need to stop leaking goals, and Brozovic is a defensive liability sometimes in that role sitting on top of the defence. We need a Brozo upgrade more than we need a Eriksen replacement.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 28 Dec 20 at 21:34.

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Getting a DM will not solve the defensive issues. It'll be a bit better than Brozovic there, but won't change much unless things change tactically.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Barella
    Old name
    the dude

Sweden

10 years of FIF
    We need depth in our midfield, not a starter per se... Idk that's my opinion at least.

Just go all in for Locatelli. Italian, knows serie a, young, Conte type.

Enough with these dumb experiments every single year in January.

I am afraid to ask about this Parades guy, because immediately someone will show up, someone who has followed him in detail for years, since his young age, someone who knows his fav food, fav tv show, etc...
    Guacamole

27. Thanks (2): Palacio, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Chuchu

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Jane The Virgin View Post
    We need depth in our midfield, not a starter per se... Idk that's my opinion at least.

Just go all in for Locatelli. Italian, knows serie a, young, Conte type.

Enough with these dumb experiments every single year in January.

I am afraid to ask about this Parades guy, because immediately someone will show up, someone who has followed him in detail for years, since his young age, someone who knows his fav food, fav tv show, etc...
    Agree. I think Conte is fine with Barella-Broz-Vidal. The bench are Sensi, Gags, and soon Vecino. we have 6 players for 3 positions (and that is assuming we can ship Eriksen and Nainggolan out). We won't play in Europe competition anyway so don't think we need more players. probably one cmf as an upgrade to Gags

Italy

We should sign competition for Brozovic, but in the summer.

As was stated, we already have too many midfielders and there wont be enough games to go around. Right now the midfield priority should be a hard working, attacking oriented player that can play between the lines and track back (De Paul, Donny VdB, Papu).

I wouldn't mind Paredes here, but I doubt PSG want to give him up for a practically dead asset like Eriksen.. we should try again in the summer in a separate deal.

30. Thanks (1): Kramerica Industries

Fav. Player
    Gianluca

Ukraine

32. Thanks (1): MVD