2020/2021 Midfielders Rumours Thread

New season, new thread

2. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    New suffering
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

4. Thanks (2): GenDire, MVD

Fav. Player
    Gagliardinho

Indonesia

Announce TONALI
    Gagliardini best italian midfielders 2020/2021

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

Ndombele Tonali in sell vecino and gags
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    There is going to be at least 1 game in the year where Nainggolan, Brozovic and Vidal click perfectly and absolutely mouth fuck some poor team's midfield.

I can't wait.

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Indonesia

We surely are media darling

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Sky had reported earlier that Mourinho is crazy for Skriniar and Inter are certainly interested in Ndombele but there are two obstacles for the deal to happen. Spurs can't afford Skriniar wage demands and Levy isn't convinced to give up on the investment he made on Ndombele last summer so soon.

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Sky had reported earlier that Mourinho is crazy for Skriniar and Inter are certainly interested in Ndombele but there are two obstacles for the deal to happen. Spurs can't afford Skriniar wage demands and Levy isn't convinced to give up on the investment he made on Ndombele last summer so soon.
    I have a hard time believing Skriniar would accept this move

13. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    I have a hard time believing Skriniar would accept this move
    Indeed, I think it's more the will of the player than Spurs not being able to pay a CB's salary.

France

I don't know about Ndombele. In France, he is highly regarded as a fantastic player who can destroy any midfield when he's focused and determined (something he do against the big names), but he can be so lazy, so irritating sometimes, like he don't give a shit. So I don't know, can Conte bring the best out of him ?

One thing I am sure of though, I don't want to let Skriniar go in a swap with him.

16. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Lebanon

I would only let Brozovic go for Ndombele, definitely not Skriniar.

I love Brozo but he is peaking and his shenanigans are gonna get him into real trouble someday. Tonali looks like a perfect replacement with a high ceiling

18. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, forzainter257

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Surprised nobody [except dynasty27 in the Players Suggestion thread] talked about Seko Fofana yet, who BTW announced he is leaving:

“My time in Udine ends here, after four wonderful years,” Fofana told La Gazzetta dello Sport ahead of the final match with Sassuolo on Sunday.

“The time has come to think about myself and choose a new destination. I am a football nomad, I’ve played in France, England and Italy. I didn’t think I’d come to Serie A, yet I stayed four years and may well remain here. It’ll be difficult to find somewhere I’m as happy as Udine. I’ve learned to appreciate every kind of pasta and Rolando Mandragora really spoiled me with some super mozzarella.

“I’ve played at Fulham and Bastia, but Udinese feels more like Manchester City. My choice will be a sporting one, not a financial one. I am seeking new objectives.”
    Seko Mohamed Fofana was linked to us by CalcioMercato, as the muscles needed in our midfield. Provided 7 assists in 32 Serie A matches (vs Rodrigo de Paul`s 6 assists in 34 Serie A games)!

Udinese evaluates its midfielder between 20 and 25 million, but it is possible that Inter - also focusing on the player's will - can snatch him for a figure lower than 20 million, unless (which the Pozzo family hope), there won`t start an auction around the player liked by Atalanta and Lazio.

3:13 Fofana winning the match in stoppage time vs juBentus

While Conte aggressively asks of Kanté/Ndombélé, I can totally see Marotta go under the radar and sign him Fofana
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    Surprised nobody [except dynasty27 in the Players Suggestion thread] talked about Seko Fofana yet, who BTW announced he is leaving:

Seko Mohamed Fofana was linked to us by CalcioMercato, as the muscles needed in our midfield. Provided 7 assists in 32 Serie A matches (vs Rodrigo de Paul`s 6 assists in 34 Serie A games)!

Udinese evaluates its midfielder between 20 and 25 million, but it is possible that Inter - also focusing on the player's will - can snatch him for a figure lower than 20 million, unless (which the Pozzo family hope), there won`t start an auction around the player liked by Atalanta and Lazio.

3:13 Fofana winning the match in stoppage time vs juBentus

While Conte aggressively asks of Kanté/Ndombélé, I can totally see Marotta go under the radar and sign him Fofana
    if we dont offload any of our midfielder and with the rumour of borja's extension,dont you think we have too many midfielders?

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by MakavelInterista View Post
    I would only let Brozovic go for Ndombele, definitely not Skriniar.

I love Brozo but he is peaking and his shenanigans are gonna get him into real trouble someday. Tonali looks like a perfect replacement with a high ceiling
    Like wtf is Ndombele..... dude a 1 season wonder that Spurs got duped into dropping huge money for. Now we are offering 2 of our starters... I know Bro is kind of a douche but he is the engine of our MF. We lost the title because he got injured. Letting him leave for a guy who didn't play at all and had a shit season seems pretty risky. Spurs already screwed us once in 2020... lets not let them do it again
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I have to say I liked fofana in the games I saw him play. He was everywhere and had a good game. Wouldn't mind him coming he can cover a few players and roles.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Malaysia

Announce BORJA extension!
    sorry for my bad English

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I am ok about taking a punt on Ndombele, but only if we use Perisic as a makeweight. Mourinho still likes Perisic.

If we have to spend big money on a DM, I would prefer if Inter go for Kante instead. Rumours here suggest that Chelsea have put him (and Alonso) up for sale. We already know these guys work very well in Conte's style and formation. Its a no brainer, really.

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brakbrak View Post
    if we dont offload any of our midfielder and with the rumour of borja's extension,dont you think we have too many midfielders?
    We need to and will offload as well. I`m hoping we can still sell Vecino and Joao Mario, while Gagliardini offers nothing IMO, so earns kids of much for a reserve. Nainggolan might return or be sold, but increase in quality needs to be done.

N'Golo Kanté seems like the missing piece of the puzzle for Conte`s possesion-based game, so I expect Conte to push for him all summer, as he is always fighting to get the ball back.
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Indonesia

Kante is a bad deal,
    he's been injured this season, and looks like his body cant keep up with his play style
    chelsea will ask for 50-60 millions at least (marina is pain in the ass to negotiate),
    crazy high wage

better vidal for 15 millions (for 2-3 years) or just go for ndidi/ partey
    im surprise nobody jump on partey when he has such a low release clause (50 millions) and you can afford 40 millions for tonali

29. Thanks (1): varmin

Fav. Player
    LN Ronaldo dL

Slovenia

Romano - Inter still in talks with Spurs for Ndombele - but the agreement is not even close yet.

31. Thanks (2): Il Drago, thatdude