Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2229303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Midfielders Rumours Thread

Vietnam

My theory: when we are under intense pressure, Brozovic is the only one capable of receiving the ball, turn and try to work it out. Barella and Gag would pass back or clear the ball away. Therefore Bro always stood out and scapegoated.

Barella ran hard and tackled a lot to win the ball back so people adore him, so do I, but he simply didn't help enough with resisting opponent's pressure.

2. Thanks (6): DARi0, Devious, MVD, n4l, SiamoNoi, Universe

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    It doesn't matter whether Brozo is our most consistent player or not, if he will not suit our tactic anymore. It's like keeping Hazard in the team if you intend to play 4312.

Brozo was our best midfielder overall for past couple of years, but there are things that are very irritating with him, one of which is his IQ which seems obviously low, looking also at the stunts he does privately.

Whatever we think, seems like Conte is shifting from relying on Brozo for our gameplay and moving it to Eriksen/Sensi up front. Perfectly valid proposition.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    At this point I’m just hoping we sell Brozović to get a DM rather than getting rid of Škriniar.
    Yeah,selling best midfielder seems like a better idea than selling player who was average last two seasons.

We should just keep them both if we can't get good money for Skriniar (60+M).

5. Thanks (2): magnesium, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    It doesn't matter whether Brozo is our most consistent player or not, if he will not suit our tactic anymore. It's like keeping Hazard in the team if you intend to play 4312.

Brozo was our best midfielder overall for past couple of years, but there are things that are very irritating with him, one of which is his IQ which seems obviously low, looking also at the stunts he does privately.

Whatever we think, seems like Conte is shifting from relying on Brozo for our gameplay and moving it to Eriksen/Sensi up front. Perfectly valid proposition.
    Yeah, this might be a good move if we get more out of Eriksen this way. However this needs changes all over the pitch because we need to get out of our own zone and if we don't have Brozovic to do it in the middle as the "dynamo", pass wall etc. we need something else.

7. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by qb4ever_2k View Post
    My theory: when we are under intense pressure, Brozovic is the only one capable of receiving the ball, turn and try to work it out. Barella and Gag would pass back or clear the ball away. Therefore Bro always stood out and scapegoated.
    translation:

My theory: when we are under intense pressure, Brozovic needs Modric to save his ass.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

PNG

Quote Originally Posted by SiamoNoi View Post
    Yeah,selling best midfielder seems like a better idea than selling player who was average last two seasons.

We should just keep them both if we can't get good money for Skriniar (60+M).
    He was average last two seasons? Where is these crazy opinions coming from
    Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    I would accept 10mil, keep Firpo or whatever the fuck his name is, if Bartomeu fucks a pig in public. Like in Black Mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Just start Eriksen you fat vag

11. Thanks (1): MVD

United States

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Yeah, this might be a good move if we get more out of Eriksen this way. However this needs changes all over the pitch because we need to get out of our own zone and if we don't have Brozovic to do it in the middle as the "dynamo", pass wall etc. we need something else.
    That won’t be an issue. Based on the predicted lineups and transfer rumors we are going more towards wide CBs that are comfortable on the ball and more importantly supporting the attack. Bastoni, D’Ambrosio, Kolarov, and Pirola should have no issues with build up. What Godin and Skriniar both had in common is that they struggle with that part of the game, which I believe is the number one reason they are expendable in Conte’s eyes.

I wouldn’t be surprised if at times next year we see an Inter more reminiscent to Atalanta and their approach.

13. Thanks (3): Luka, magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    That won’t be an issue. Based on the predicted lineups and transfer rumors we are going more towards wide CBs that are comfortable on the ball and more importantly supporting the attack. Bastoni, D’Ambrosio, Kolarov, and Pirola should have no issues with build up. What Godin and Skriniar both had in common is that they struggle with that part of the game, which I believe is the number one reason they are expendable in Conte’s eyes.
    Exactly that, thank you.

Like thatdude said Cafe, the idea is different now. Seems like Conte wants to push us forward and move our orchestration to the front where Eriksen and Sensi will be. There is this thing with 2 not so great on the ball midfielders, but with Perisic, Hakimi and 2 better ball playing defenders on the sides, it should compensate for that.

I think that's what Conte has in mind for that season. The good thing and what you guys (people who were disapointing in Eriksen playing so little) might be happy about is that Conte wants to really give it a go with Eriksen as Sensi can play in 352 as he demonstrated just fine. Eriksen cannot. However in 3412 with 2 hardworking midfielders to cover for him, it might.

Curious to see how it will look for the next 6 months. I keep fingers crossed.
    Quote of the week:

15. Thanks (2): pazza moratti, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    I just don't think Brozovic should be considered in this 'playmaker' position. To me, he's a player who plays off his teammates. He's a player who feels comfortable working for his team, but is gifted and can give a bit more.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

Croatia

Kante destroying WBA. Future of Inter.

Fav. Player
    Il Chino

Belgium

People should really give up on this Kante nonsense, he's not coming.

19. Thanks (4): ADRossi, javier_zanetti <3, MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Oh wow at Chelsea.
    Quote of the week:

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vasilios View Post
    There's a play on words with Conte and Kante that I'm surprised hasn't been exploited.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by vasilios View Post
    It’s mostly the media trying to sell Conte Kante love story. Most people are not too positive about it plus Ausilios denied it twice.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Let's go for Locatelli from Sassuolo. He was mentioned in one rumor weeks back. Around the time we met with Sassuolo DS the first time. We met him second time too later.

Send Nainggolan back to Cagliari.

24. Thanks (2): Choppin Onions, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    This is the first time in years we get to have a midfield with 4Ds, the good boys D (Barella, Sensi), The Nerd D (Eric) the bad boys D (9G, Brozo and Vidal) and the retards D (gags and Vecino).

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    for 11m a year you can call me princess sheila while you dildo me in the ass every night, and i promise you my heart would be in it.

26. Thanks (4): Alex de Large, DARi0, MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I rate Kante, but this rumour about us offering Brozovic + Skriniar for Kante is a bit too much. Maybe if we get Kante + Alonso or Azpilicueta, I could live with it.

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    There's a play on words with Conte and Kante that I'm surprised hasn't been exploited.
    *waiting eagerly for fitzy to use it*
    Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    I would accept 10mil, keep Firpo or whatever the fuck his name is, if Bartomeu fucks a pig in public. Like in Black Mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Just start Eriksen you fat vag

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I rate Kante, but this rumour about us offering Brozovic + Skriniar for Kante is a bit too much. Maybe if we get Kante + Alonso or Azpilicueta, I could live with it.
    I would rate Conte growing a second set of hairs on his head alongside his transplant as more likely

31. Thanks (1): ADRossi

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    "Con" in Italian means with. GdS ran a headline a few weeks back of "Kante CONte" or "Kante with Conte." Hopefully this quenches your thirst.

33. Thanks (2): Fitzy, MVD