Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2431323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Defenders Rumours Thread

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Mustafi That's even worse than the new logo.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Inter: the club is following Napoli defender Maksimovic, as Ranocchia won't renew his contract

Inter are thinking to change something in their defensive department. Andrea Ranocchia won't renew his contract with Inter at the end of the season, and the club is already looking for a substitute.

The club is following Napoli defender Maksimovic: Inter have only made an inquiry for the player, with a whole technical and economic project yet to be decided. The Serbian is also followed by many English clubs, but he would like to continue his experience in Serie A.
    https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/inte...w-his-contract

3. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, eduzee, MVD, rfU

Fav. Player
    Inter Milan
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Burundi

Good riddance. Everytime I see him I still tremor.
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    i think you've forgotten the creative genius that was a midfield of Zanetti-Vieira-Cambiasso with Stankovic in front
    tiki-whati
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    I think we should say - Skriniar Milan, because Milan should be in second place.

5. Thanks (2): MVD, rfU

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    I want Rano to stay, with lower wages if possible, as I see him as reliable CB backup. He is better than Mustafi. Maksimovic on the other hand is OK player, can cover all 3 positions in back 3, even tho i'd still prefer Rano as CB. We are imo shorter at side CBs position and much worse, we don't have adequate backups for either Skriniar and especially Bastoni.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

7. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Maksimovic will be a good signing on a free. He is versatile, can cover for all positions in the back 3, ideally suited for RCB. However I would prefer Maksimovic as a replacement for Kolarov rather than Ranocchia. Frog has been a good soldier for us over the years, I wouldn't mind a contract extension for another season. Let him win a couple of trophies with us, he deserves it.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    There's also Vanheusden who's returning to Inter in the summer. Perhaps they see him as a Ranocchia replacement. Or maybe they will just use him as a counterpart for another deal. Only time will tell.

10. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Bluenine, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    There's also Vanheusden who's returning to Inter in the summer. Perhaps they see him as a Ranocchia replacement. Or maybe they will just use him as a counterpart for another deal. Only time will tell.
    We all know what will happen this summer.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Players like Vanheusden or Gravillon are at best 5th or 6th choice CB level at Inter. Not sure how good that would be for their career development. Maybe keeping them out on loan until they are either ready to compete for starting roles at Inter or proven not good enough (and sold) is a better way forward for them.

We need someone at least of the level of Maksimovic as 4th choice CB for next season. We got lucky with injuries at back this season, that wouldn't always be the case. IMO Ranocchia and D'Ambrosio are fine as 5th and 6th choice for now.

14. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, wera

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

10 years of FIF
    Vandeusden is made of glass and should be sent as counterpart for somebody else, while Gravillon could easily spend a year or two more on loan and come to Inter when one of our starting CBs starts declining or is sold. I haven't seen him play, but I heard he's okay- Frog level at most.

If Skriniar is sold, which is a reality this summer, we are buying a RCB as soon as possible and it's not Gravillon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    What did Matthaus do for Inter?

16. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Agree with Vanheusden, he's not ready for Inter. Optimal would be we keep our starting lineup, D'Ambrosio and Ranocchia. Sign Maksimovic to be the 4th defender.

Minimum scenario is if for some reason Ranocchia won't be extended, we replace him with a kid or something. Then we sign that 4th defender who can cover anyone in the starting back-3.

18. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Comoros

I am more worried about bastoni's replacement than other cbs, and this is due to foot purposes. We all know that the wide cbs in Conte's system are required to seldom push forward and make crosses and also need to be atleast good on the ball. And also, bastoni has been underperforming lately than skriniiar and de vrij(don't if you guys have noticed that). Besides, we can't have a single left footed cb out of 6 players so we need an ambidextrous player or another left footed one which is why i don't buy into signing maksimovic( He is not that good either).

- - - Updated - - -

As for the CCB position, a player is required to be good on the ball (this requirement is mostly demanded in the CCB role than the scb role) and must crucially have a very good reading of the ball. And ranocchia is poor in the former aspect, I think the reason why this deficiency hasn't shown in him whenever he plays is because he plays against small teams whose pressing is not disturbing and defending not solid. For the rcb role, we are fully covered with skriniiar, dambrosio and darmian, so I don't know why we should be looking for another rcb(maksimovic/mustafi/Mandi). If possible we should get a left footed player (that is atleast good enough) who can cover for both devrij and bastoni, or extend ranocchia's contract and sign left footed CB or highly ambidextrous player, since skriniiar can probably fill the CCB role

20. Thanks (2): GenDire, WLEXT

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Actually while Maksimovic was at Torino, where he played in 3-man defence the last time, he played mostly as LCB.

22. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, varmin

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Atalanta wing-back Robin Gosens is going to be hot property on the transfer market, with Atletico Madrid, Manchester City, Juventus and Inter eager.

The 26-year-old has scored 10 goals and provided seven assists in 34 competitive games this season and his contract runs to June 2022.

Inter and Juve have long been linked with Gosens, but it’s the interest from abroad that has only increased since his Champions League exploits.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is a big fan and considers Gosens a potential reinforcement for this summer.

Now Atletico Madrid have also joined the race for the German international, as he can play in both a five-man midfield and a four-man defence.

> 1st player I would buy this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Plan B please
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

24. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    Atalanta wing-back Robin Gosens is going to be hot property on the transfer market, with Atletico Madrid, Manchester City, Juventus and Inter eager.

The 26-year-old has scored 10 goals and provided seven assists in 34 competitive games this season and his contract runs to June 2022.

Inter and Juve have long been linked with Gosens, but it’s the interest from abroad that has only increased since his Champions League exploits.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is a big fan and considers Gosens a potential reinforcement for this summer.

Now Atletico Madrid have also joined the race for the German international, as he can play in both a five-man midfield and a four-man defence.

> 1st player I would buy this summer.
    This sucks but at least we know one of City's or Atletico left backs will be available in the summer. I'm a big fan of Lodi, if he were to become available I would jump all in for him.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

26. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Il Drago, Pajo

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    If they go for Gosens, i'd welcome Lodi. He can play both as LB and LWB (even tho he is better LB), is young, and is great overall player.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

28. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Il Drago

Italy

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    If they go for Gosens, i'd welcome Lodi. He can play both as LB and LWB (even tho he is better LB), is young, and is great overall player.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

Peppino Prisco facci un gol

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    The only problem is that in every interview, Gosens talks about this desire to go back to Bundesliga. His contract expires next season, and he is running down the clock to go back to Germany. Atalanta will sell him this summer, but I suspect Gosens will hold out for a German club.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    The only problem is that in every interview, Gosens talks about this desire to go back to Bundesliga. His contract expires next season, and he is running down the clock to go back to Germany. Atalanta will sell him this summer, but I suspect Gosens will hold out for a German club.
    Not sure if his desire is a Bundesliga move in general or specifically Schalke but even if we assume he simply wants a Bundesliga move i can't see where he could go. Bayern have Alphonso Davies. Leipzig have Angelino. He would never go to Dortmund. Then you have teams like Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Eintracht if they sell Kostic, Gladbach or even Hertha where he could go. But it would make no sense to move to any of those and they can't afford him.

My biggest fear is he will end up at Juve on a cash plus players deal.

32. Thanks (2): magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Let's facilitate a deal to Eintracht where Kostic comes to us.

PS - I have never seen Kostic, just going by high opinions of him that some here hold.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Serbia

I don't want Inter to sign Maksimovic. He has consistently made in his career costly defensive errors. There is a big reason why he is not called for Serbian NT. As a matter of fact, no one could've believed that Napoli paid €16m for him.

Anyway he made error again on Saturday against Crotone. Very unreliable and inconsistent player.

35. Thanks (3): DARi0, eduzee, _OC_