Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26333435363738 LastLast

Thread: 2020/2021 Defenders Rumours Thread

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Think he could be more useful as a hardworking wide player if we move to a 4 man defence. Can then experiment with a 433/442 role with him out wide.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Vasquez is asking for a high salary and that's why he's close to leaving Real. It makes no sense to add a third option on the right, which would be quite costly, while on the left you only have 32-year old Perisic who has one year left in his contract. The rumours are probably coming from his manager in his attempt to make Real raise their offer.

Rumours about Vasquez and Bayern have been rubbished in Germany though i wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there. They badly need a Pavard backup. Kimmich doesn't like playing as a RB and Sarr is shit.

Vietnam

I feel Hakimi would be more unpredictable playing on the left He can cut in an shoot/cross with his dominant foot, like Cancelo atm. Maybe Conte is thinking of training him there and leave the right for Vasquez? LWB is hard to find and good one is no cheap.

Vasquez is a great player, let alone free.

4. Thanks (1): Ottoman empire

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

10 years of FIF
    I do not like Vasquez. Nothing great about him
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    What did Matthaus do for Inter?

Fav. Player
    Inter Milan
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Burundi

Quote Originally Posted by Capo View Post
    Gaya please!!!!!

But in our financial state, dont know how realistic any of these options are.... Sell perisic bring back Dimarco to support Gaya, one can dream???
    I once had a dream about Hakimi. You can dream all you want about Gaya and I hope you get what you want since it would benefit this team HUUUUUUUUUUUGELY.
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    i think you've forgotten the creative genius that was a midfield of Zanetti-Vieira-Cambiasso with Stankovic in front
    tiki-whati
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    I think we should say - Skriniar Milan, because Milan should be in second place.

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Now Milenkovic rumored to us again with less than 25m€ transfer fee.

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Now Milenkovic rumored to us again with less than 25m€ transfer fee.
    I'll take him. Better than that other Serbian defender we've been linked with and the one we have currently.

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Think he could be more useful as a hardworking wide player if we move to a 4 man defence. Can then experiment with a 433/442 role with him out wide.
    Didn't you see Conte's Instagram? We play 424
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Didn't you see Conte's Instagram? We play 424
    Done deal.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I doubt we pay that much for a CB who's a designated bench player. We go for free agents / lost cost options.

If the financial situation changes, Milenkovic for 20m€-ish fee could be a good purchase.

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

Milenkovic for 25m is a fucking bargain. There will be plenty of games for which we need a starting quality CB on the bench. This one is a no-brainer. Ranocchia/D'Ambrosio and others are great for 2nd choice from bench, but you need a better one assuming we will clear the group stage next season.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Milenkovic would be terrific as a Skriniar backup. But there are two issues with his case:

1) We would still need a backup lcb and the budget in defence would be basically gone with Milenkovic

2) I have serious doubts we can afford spending 25m without a big sale and i wouldn't sell one of our starting cbs for Milenkovic

On top of that, why would Milenkovic want to join Inter and sit on the bench while he can go to Milan and be a starter? He would have a better chance at winning trophies. That's the only reason. But is that enough to convince him join Inter?

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    we need to be realistic, tbh. we've got 3 incredibly fit CBs who are unlikely to need replacing in the next 3-4 years unless we sell one of them. Unless Conte promises more of a squad rotation policy - but why would you in defense - there's little incentive for an ambitiious CB to join,

18. Thanks (4): andrei, CafeCordoba, magnesium, _OC_

Fav. Player
    difensa

Europe

73 10 years of FIF
    Yea, the more realistic ones from Serie A with back 3 experience would be Maksimovic, Pezzella, Ceccherini, Djimsiti, Acerbi or Luiz Felipe Ramos.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

I don't know if Milenkovic can play LCB also. He should be versatile enough to do it.

Regarding playing time, you folks are really underestimating how much time there is available. We have been lucky this season with all our CBs being available through most of the season, or in other areas in attack or midfield. Imagine even a 3 match run without Barella or Brozovic or Lukaku. In terms of depth, our squad is one of the worst in the league.

On Milenkovic choosing us over others, he can easily be convinced about playing time. And a lot of players would move to a big club, especially the champions, and want to prove themselves. There is a reason Juve have been able to attract so many over the years in spite of game time being a challenge. Also Milan may already have decided to buy Tomori. Doubt they will go for both considering both are available for a similar fee.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

22. Thanks (1): rfU

Poland

We still have to splash a lot of money to Zinho Vanheusden, so I don't think we can afford for Milenković. We will take someone cheap like Maksimović probably.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Knowing that we are in deep financial shit and also knowing Marotta, I can imagine we sell Skrniar for hopefully 50m, buy Milenkovic and have money also for Locatelli, our wet dream.
    In an ideal world, I would love to keep all our CB's together, but the reality is as it is. If we need to sacrifice Skrniar for Milenkovic and Locatelli, I would accept it. For LWB and bench striker, I believe Marotta would be able to work a loan or find a grandpa as free agent.

Fav. Player
    Inter Milan
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Burundi

Why is the way to go --> selling Skriniar? I think it will be way easier replacing De Vrij than replacing Skriniar. Plus, De Vrij we earn plusvalenza 100% plus De Vrij was best defender of Serie A, he got very good rumors.
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    i think you've forgotten the creative genius that was a midfield of Zanetti-Vieira-Cambiasso with Stankovic in front
    tiki-whati
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    I think we should say - Skriniar Milan, because Milan should be in second place.

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    . Liverpool appear to have missed out on Aissa Mandi for a second year in a row with the Real Betis defender agreeing a move to Serie A leaders Inter Milan, as reported by La Razon.
    Inter are in the market for an affordable, experienced central defender and Mandi, who can also play right-back, ticks every box.

La Razon believes the Nerazzurri have all but tied-up the deal too, with the former Reims ace expected to earn about £35,000 a week at the San Siro.
    Considering far bigger names have been linked with Liverpool recently, including Stefan de Vrij, Alessandro Bastoni and most notably Ibrahima Konate, Mandi’s impending move to Italy is unlikely to cause too many sleepless nights on Merseyside.
    De Vrij, Bastoni?! Fuck off Looserpool.
    Who the hell is Mandi by the way?

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

Skriniar should be not for sale, for any value.
    IO SONO INTERISTA