Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Italian Serie A 2020/2021

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    I love Piedmont's governor attacked Conte (not "our" Conte, the prime minister) because he didn't let Juventus have fans in the stadium since matchday 1.
    #SAVESKRINIAR

#CONTEOUT

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

So Tonali officially signed for milan for 10m loan with an OPTION to buy for an extra 15m.

That's a great fucking deal. Low risk, high reward signing. Marotta should hang his head in shame.

Meanwhile we're knocking at other clubs' doors like beggars asking for a discount on their deadwood players. Are we supposed to believe we don't have 10m for Tonali but we're ready to gamble 40m on Hakimi?
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

Fav. Player

Europe

Looks like the budget for this mercato only allowed one major transfer. After we sign Vidal I firmly believe our mercato will be over, in regards to new arrivals. Hope we’ll be able to permanently sell 1 or 2 deadwood players and then this will be it.
    I did it all for the nookie

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    So Tonali officially signed for milan for 10m loan with an OPTION to buy for an extra 15m.

That's a great fucking deal. Low risk, high reward signing. Marotta should hang his head in shame.

Meanwhile we're knocking at other clubs' doors like beggars asking for a discount on their deadwood players. Are we supposed to believe we don't have 10m for Tonali but we're ready to gamble 40m on Hakimi?
    In fairness, hakimi is way more impactful in our team than tonali. Id choose him every day over tonali at this point.

But, it looks like we literally didn't have the money for the option... Crazy. We need to fkn sell.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

You guys still didn't get it? He told it himself, he wanted to join milan only

8. Thanks (1): MVD

I mean a 10mil loan isn't exactly cheap. He could completely flop at Milan and Brescia would still make their money selling him next season if it came to it.

Fav. Player
    Alcântara

Federated States of Micronesia

Bbilan expecting tonali would bring them to CL and use CL money to pay the rest.
    I’d love to see Pioli sink their ship in november just to return tonali to brescia.

11. Thanks (3): Glass box, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Fans. Duh!

Croatia

I dont think that Juventus play well on rebounds.
    I hate Juventus.

Fav. Player
    Bastoni

Holy See

14. Thanks (3): ADRossi, MVD, nurko

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Canada

la liga wouldve dropped in half if messi left lol

16. Thanks (1): Hasan

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Javier'sSon View Post
    i know that the first data people notice is the difference in international revenues, but to me it is surprising how poorly italy fares in comparison with premier league in DOMESTIC revenues.

italy has 60 million inhabitants, while even if we want to include all the 4 nations of the uk they have 66 million inhabitants, so just 10% more, yet they make almost double.

that's one area where italian clubs must do much better at the next negotiation.

then of course there's the international revenues... Serie A clubs are not 100% to blame for that, EPL is the most popular league by far for now. but still, they can (and must) do much better in that area, too. the future agreements with private funds are a good start.
    "As usual in Italy some decisions are made without sense and logic. The dark side of the football that we tried to clean up returns to light".

Fabio Liverani, Lecce coach.

My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

18. Thanks (2): Kev9Inter, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Italy also has the lowest GDP per capita amongst those 5 nations, a very significant factor.

Populations are comparable to an extent between all these nations.

Interest in domestic football on the other hand, maybe not so much. The British and Germans probably 'love football' a lot more than anyone else. The Spaniards have the strongest league and the strongest top teams so it's also a big factor. Italy, France and Spain while having football as a top sport, it's not the undisputed and sole #1 sport in every region. There's also ticket prices which plays a part as well as modern stadiums.

You need to take a lot of factors to draw a conclusion here but I think Italy's lower figures can be explained, especially given the timing of these deals.

I'm not sure if they can really split them properly into domestic and international rights given the way their distribution channels work.

What can be done for sure, is enhance the international tv rights. That's where the significant lag appears. If they reach La Liga's standards, it'll be decent enough. Ignoring that the Spanish language is spoken in far more places, including the USA and that the PL benefits from having 'original' broadcasting in English which is far easier to sell than having relatively bad sportcasters in German and Italian football just because they can speak English
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

20. Thanks (2): Adriano, MVD

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    i know that the first data people notice is the difference in international revenues, but to me it is surprising how poorly italy fares in comparison with premier league in DOMESTIC revenues.

italy has 60 million inhabitants, while even if we want to include all the 4 nations of the uk they have 66 million inhabitants, so just 10% more, yet they make almost double.

that's one area where italian clubs must do much better at the next negotiation.

then of course there's the international revenues... Serie A clubs are not 100% to blame for that, EPL is the most popular league by far for now. but still, they can (and must) do much better in that area, too. the future agreements with private funds are a good start.
    Rube's tyranny and regular racism on stadiums aren't helping.

Soon to fall behind French Ligue 1. Sad. But, not undeserved.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Pirlo just got his UEFA Pro badge TODAY
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Wearing your mask like that is like wearing a condom on your balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

23. Thanks (4): Howl, MVD, thatdude, Universe

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    UEFA should be getting their badges from Pirlo
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

25. Thanks (3): Ethor, GenDire, MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Note the date and remind me when Conte’s predictable system gets easily tactically out-managed in our biannual defeats to juve.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

27. Thanks (5): ADRossi, Fitzy, GenDire, Howl, MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post

Salaries are much lower in Italy. Italy net average salary monthly is $1724 according to Wikipedia, Spain is $1784, UK is $2288, Germany is $2456, France is $2411.

Spain has a better footballing product (with Real and Barca, tbh) than Italy at the moment, too.

Italy is in a chronic problem really, economy is stagnant as fuck, salaries are stagnant as fuck, and many laws make it difficult to actually invest.

More and more I start to think you wont fix Serie A without fixing Italy, to be honest. The only caveat to that is there is more and more international investment in Serie A lately, but salaries still place a hard cap on what peolpe are willing to pay to watch sport etc

Macedonia

Forza Shamrock Rovers

30. Thanks (1): Fitzy

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    oh christ

the FIGC want to turn us into the scottish league.
    https://www.football-italia.net/1590...-freshen-serie

32. Thanks (2): Fitzy, Universe

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    It's not a terrible idea, if this were the only tournament the clubs were playing in. But this will ensure the competitiveness in Europe is killed once and for all.
    IO SONO INTERISTA