Page 1 of 36 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter - Bayer Leverkusen (10 Aug 20)

Hybrid View

Old name
    raiden

Aaland

Inter - Bayer Leverkusen (10 Aug 20)

Also this game in 2003 [when we won 0-2] was when Oba Oba Martini announced himself to the world

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

Albania

10 years of FIF
    It's not official yet that we play against Bayer Leverkusen

I mean they have to play the second leg as well, and despite their advantage, you never know in football.

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Conflict of interest for the Havertz fanboys

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

4. Thanks (2): n4l, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

Senile is right. Closed until we have an actual opponent.

6. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Barella

Macedonia

Demenza went all Senile and opened a thread forgetting that we need to have an official opponent first.

He was right tho, was an easy guess.

8. Thanks (1): Demenza Senile

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

3-1, Lautaro-2, Eriksen

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Conte's counter style against Bosz' all out attack

Should be either fun or extremely painful.
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

12. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Yeah I'm worried about this one. Leverkusen was the German team I decided to follow when the Bundesliga came back, and I'm concerned that their pace will absolutely rip us a new one, particularly Diaby and Bailey. Would also seriously consider placing a man on Havertz the entire game, and that man cannot be Gagliardini. Barella kicking at his heels all game may have to do.

Gonna need another huge performance from Godin, De Vrij, and Bastoni. I don't want to see Skriniar anywhere near this game with the way opponents are skipping past him recently. Would probably just start the same 11 as we did against Getafe and Atalanta, with Candreva, Sanchez, and Eriksen coming in later on.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

For once lets show the Germans who we are
    Forza Inter

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

I fully expect this be a tough match-- they're a good attacking side. If we control possession I think we have a good chance.

17. Thanks (1): thatdude

Canada

Candreva to play instead of Gagliardini. Called here first.

Malaysia

I miss vecino
    sorry for my bad English

20. Thanks (2): MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Barella

Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    I miss vecino
    I don't

22. Thanks (1): Puma

Fav. Player
    Il Imperatore

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    I don't
    You gonna miss him, after you see Gagliardini

Im sure 3-0, Lukaku Sanchez and Skriniar.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by iMathcore19 View Post
    You gonna miss him, after you see Gagliardini

Im sure 3-0, Lukaku Sanchez and Skriniar.
    Both players are all too often utter shite for us. Gags is a better defensive player fwiw. Vecino is jack of all trades if the jack of all trades was another word for decidedly below average in almost all facets. Good header and stamina are his best traits. More suited for a club like Fiorentina or Sampdoria than Inter but alas that’s a discussion for another day.

I don’t watch any German football so I’m looking forward to seeing the likes of Havertz and Bailey.... as long as they don’t Gareth Bale us.

25. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

PNG

Lets show this Bundesliga team what it means to play against Serie A:s best defense
    Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    I would accept 10mil, keep Firpo or whatever the fuck his name is, if Bartomeu fucks a pig in public. Like in Black Mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Just start Eriksen you fat vag

27. Thanks (3): Glass box, MVD, Puma

Canada

They'll probably have extra motivation given they just missed out on CL and this could be their way in.

Haven't watched much of them but have a feeling we will struggle.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    So Leverkusen it is. The match will be played at Esprit arena in Düsseldorf. Few things about Leverkusen for those who haven't watched them.

Even though Bosz has experimented a bit with a back 3 he's mostly using a 4-2-3-1. Their fullbacks are decent but nothing more than that. Their rb isn't even a rb but a defensive midfielder (Lars Bender). Their proper rb is Weiser but he has been shockingly bad this season so he has lost his place in the starting lineup. Their cb are good but they're often exposed by Bosz extremely high defensive line. That's where we should hit them.

Aranguiz absence is a huge loss for them. He can do everything in midfield. He will probably be replaced by Baumgartlinger who simply isn't good enough.

And now we're coming to their truly dangerous players. Havertz and their two pacy wingers, Diaby and Bailey. They also have the talented youngster, Wirtz, but I doubt Bosz will start him. Their forward Volland is a good player but nothing we can't handle. Amiri's absence due to covid is bad news for...Inter. Bosz loves using him as an AM but he simply isn't good enough for that role. He is more suited for the role of number 8.

In conclusion, they're a good team, it will be tough but we can certainly beat them.

Fav. Player
    Bastoni

Holy See

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    So Leverkusen it is. The match will be played at Esprit arena in Düsseldorf. Few things about Leverkusen for those who haven't watched them.

Even though Bosz has experimented a bit with a back 3 he's mostly using a 4-2-3-1. Their fullbacks are decent but nothing more than that. Their rb isn't even a rb but a defensive midfielder (Lars Bender). Their proper rb is Weiser but he has been shockingly bad this season so he has lost his place in the starting lineup. Their cb are good but they're often exposed by Bosz extremely high defensive line. That's where we should hit them.

Aranguiz absence is a huge loss for them. He can do everything in midfield. He will probably be replaced by Baumgartlinger who simply isn't good enough.

And now we're coming to their truly dangerous players. Havertz and their two pacy wingers, Diaby and Bailey. They also have the talented youngster, Wirtz, but I doubt Bosz will start him. Their forward Volland is a good player but nothing we can't handle. Amiri's absence due to covid is bad news for...Inter. Bosz loves using him as an AM but he simply isn't good enough for that role. He is more suited for the role of number 8.

In conclusion, they're a good team, it will be tough but we can certainly beat them.

So basically they're a very average team except for pacey wingers and Havertz? Seems like the perfect counter to our 3-5-2.

31. Thanks (3): MVD, surripere, Universe

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I know very little about Bayer Leverkusen. I do not watch the Bundesliga so I cannot comment on their strengths and weaknesses. The only thing I know is that they finished fourth and Bundesliga is not a shit league.

More than anything, I just want us to put in a strong and convincing performance. The matches against Ludogorets and Getafe do not really count for much. This is the first time that we are going to be seriously tested in the Europa League. I just hope the players can give a good account of themselves and make us proud.

Just as a side note, if we can make it into the semi-finals, there is a chance that we can move into Pot 3 for next season's Champions League draw.

And if we were to win the competition (a real long shot) we would go into Pot 1 for the Champions League draw.

At the moment, we are in Pot 4.
    Last edited by Puma; 07 Aug 20 at 07:02.