Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2633343536

Thread: Inter - Bayer Leverkusen (10 Aug 20)

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    On the goal he was constantly beating the ball and attack away but they kept coming.

Gagliardini and Bastoni actually lost Havertz so if you wanna assign blame, it's more fair to hand them some. Godin was almost perfect in that situation.
    For the Bayer goal? I disagree, Godin completely forgot about the offside rule it seems and was 5 yards deeper than his team mates.

2. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, Sqnalkel

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    For the Bayer goal? I disagree, Godin completely forgot about the offside rule it seems and was 5 yards deeper than his team mates.
    Agree that he could have been better positioned but it is unfair to look at this in a static way. The situation was dwelling for some time and Godin was the one responding to the danger.

4. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Also, how wasteful is that Diaby kid? I thought he could have hurt us at least a couple of times if he'd just use his right foot.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

6. Thanks (2): Harpsabu, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Agree that he could have been better positioned but it is unfair to look at this in a static way. The situation was dwelling for some time and Godin was the one responding to the danger.
    I agree with that. He was taking the initiative in trying to respond to the danger but probably overdid it. Who knows, bad defensive moment but was more of a collective panic it seemed than anything. If we are to criticise anyone it's d'ambrosio for stopping the ball going out for a throw tland allowing them to counter

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Also, how wasteful is that Diaby kid? I thought he could have hurt us at least a couple of times if he'd just use his right foot.
    He does not have a right foot.

10. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Venezuela

Quote Originally Posted by vex View Post
    Is barella available for the next game
    Yeah, but he won't be for the final.

Quote Originally Posted by surripere View Post
    Tonight, we truly became a proper team. Credit to all involved, especially Conte. After seeing that performance I'm now convinced we can win it. Bravo ragazzi.
    I was always convinced we could win it, despite Conte.

He wouldn't have need to respond to the danger if he was in line with the rest of the defense, and there is no excuses because he was completely on the other side and could see the whole play, he tried to block Havertz after he played him onside but he was too far away.
    "Si chiamerà Internazionale, perchè noi siamo fratelli del mondo"

"It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world"

Vietnam

Not sure if it was mentioned, but after this win, we will be seed 3 for CL draw next season (unless we win EL, then seed 1)

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

According to some milan fans i talked to, the EL is really easy to win this year, that's why Inter is in semi-final of course. Normally in EL there is Real, Barcelona, City... what a shame really. Let's also not forget how Juve for example lost to "Real Lyon" in CL, we can't compare this with the EL teams, they are really strong man.

Im not saying that EL is difficult, but italian teams always suck in EL. Even Napoli who had a good team didn't reached the semi final. Europe games are always diffrent, even if the opponent is only Leverkusen or Shaktar, this is not the same like playing against Sampdoria or Spal. And im saying that Inter made a decent job till now. Winning EL would be still good, and still much better then losing against fucking Olympiacos in the group stage, fuck Milan fans really.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Next season they will finish out of the CL zone yet again, so let them be salty. We look forward, we don't care who is behind us

15. Thanks (3): ElDuccio, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

I for one couldn't care less for any competition Inter is not playing in. Ergo atm the EL is the most presitigious, dificult and important competition there is.

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    According to some milan fans i talked to, the EL is really easy to win this year, that's why Inter is in semi-final of course. Normally in EL there is Real, Barcelona, City... what a shame really. Let's also not forget how Juve for example lost to "Real Lyon" in CL, we can't compare this with the EL teams, they are really strong man.

Im not saying that EL is difficult, but italian teams always suck in EL. Even Napoli who had a good team didn't reached the semi final. Europe games are always diffrent, even if the opponent is only Leverkusen or Shaktar, this is not the same like playing against Sampdoria or Spal. And im saying that Inter made a decent job till now. Winning EL would be still good, and still much better then losing against fucking Olympiacos in the group stage, fuck Milan fans really.
    Fox shaming grapes at its best

No surprise really. Milan have been out of CL race since half a season, for multiple years. But when Juve shows glimpse of regression, those delusional fans are aiming for the fucking Scudetto When Juve lost to Lyon, Milanisti say IF Milan were there they would make Serie A pride. Jesus. Win the fucking ticket first if you are that strong.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Fox shaming grapes at its best

No surprise really. Milan have been out of CL race since half a season, for multiple years. But when Juve shows glimpse of regression, those delusional fans are aiming for the fucking Scudetto When Juve lost to Lyon, Milanisti say IF Milan were there they would make Serie A pride. Jesus. Win the fucking ticket first if you are that strong.
    the funny thing is that they say the same about EL. "If Milan was there, they would win this tournament". Well, sadly you don't qualify after only 2 months of great "post covid football", cunts.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I am not saying this because Inter are in the semi-finals or because we have an affinity with the competition given we won it three times in the past (UEFA Cup). But I think the Europa League has a certain charm to it. Of course, it is not as polsihed as the Champions League and Europe's top club's do not compete for it, but it is fun and unpredictable and has a distinct Wild West feel about it.

I am not sure if that is down to the fact that there can be real David v Goliath matchups like Ludogorets v Inter or whether it is down to having to fly across the continent to play teams most supporters have never really heard of in tiny local stadiums. But when I watch Europa League games, I kind of feel that it is more about football and less about money.

And the honest truth of the matter is that I do not care if it is Europe's second tier competition or if the format has been changed due to Covid-19 which could potentially delegitimise our progress. For me, reaching the semi-finals is about progress and something we were unable to do last season. It is a stepping stone for the players to get games under their belts, learn and put into action what their coach is asking of them, to give a good account of themselves rather than shitting in their pants and going home and ultimately win.

For me, the most important thing is to see our players put in a fight and play with conviction, determination and a will to win. If we lose giving our best, then I am okay with that. But what I cannot stand is half-arsed, conservative/timid tactics and not giving a competition the respect it deserves. Too many Italian teams over the years have failed to do that. And that is one thing I really admire about Conte. He sees it as a competition to be won and treats it accordingly. And that is the best possible message to send to our players because they realise that every game in which they wear our colours, represent our club, and participate is important. There is no selecting which games are important and which are not. Nor are there any mixed messages in the sense of giving our best in some games and doing less in others.

Right now, the Europa League semi-finals is exactly where we need to be.
    Last edited by Puma; 13 Aug 20 at 00:07.

Fav. Player
    Milito

Australia

60 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    There’s so much to take joy from this game, chief among them is wera losing €15

21. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, wera

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I guess I'll just have to bet for Shaktar as well, since it seems to work well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

23. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Raul Duke

UK

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Really pacey but he is frustrating to watch. Wastes so many attacks making the wrong decision.