Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: English Premier League 2020/2021

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Spurs had a really nice transfer window, if they also sold Alli and brought Skriniar, it would have been a perfect 10. Hojberg looks great and the team plays a lot better. If they continue like this, next season they could be contenders.
    Hojberg has that instant impact a la Sneijder
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

2. Thanks (2): dax21, thatdude

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

Just read in the Guardian, that Salah tested positive for Covid-19.

4. Thanks (2): MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Kane is the reason why Tottenham don't need Eriksen. Dude is really good at setting other players with opportunities.

Spurs head of the league at the moment. Glad for Mou.
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

6. Thanks (4): dax21, eduzee, Nothing, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    He tactically raped Pep. Gave him posession but City couldnt do shit with it. Jose is motivated, hasnt been like that since his RM days.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

8. Thanks (3): eduzee, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Also, Spurs need to sell Alli while he still has some value. At least for 30mil, for that price any EPL club could snap him up.

Alli won't see the pitch anymore.

Ndombele looks a lot better, too.

10. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    He tactically raped Pep. Gave him posession but City couldnt do shit with it. Jose is motivated, hasnt been like that since his RM days.
    I never bought the "Mourinho's tactics don't work anymore" schtick. I thought his problem was that he lost his motivation entirely after Real Madrid. You need a strong locker room.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    I never bought the "Mourinho's tactics don't work anymore" schtick. I thought his problem was that he lost his motivation entirely after Real Madrid. You need a strong locker room.
    It wasn’t that he lost motivation he just never had a locker room willing to do anything he told them to since inter really. Spurs players are so desperate for a trophy they run through a brick wall if he tells them to. I think mou has also learned from his last failed jobs and “modernized” his approach to man management a bit.

Still a long road ahead for this Spurs team though.

13. Thanks (5): Fapuccino, Il Drago, MVD, Pajo, Universe

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

To a degree, his first two seasons at Real were some hardcore shit and if Barca wasn't so powerful, he would repeat Inter's success. His Real was really powerful until it all went downhill with Iker and others.

People forget Real was as crazy attacking as Bayern in 2012.

15. Thanks (1): Wings

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    People talking down on Mou for all these years should just accept that they only follow the sport for the various jersey colors and the media attention it gets.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    People talking down on Mou for all these years should just accept that they only follow the sport for the various jersey colors and the media attention it gets.

People were rightfully criticising Mourinho due to numerous blunders on the transfer market, outdated, ineffective tactics and very poor team performances for a long stretch of time. As thatdude said, he seems to have learned a few lessons from his failures and made some changes, so good for him.

Then again, it's always like this with you and your favorites. Despite your various useless knowledge, your bias is so ludicrous it invalidates half of what you say. Nothing was ever Mourinho's fault when he was failing to win or perform despite spending hundreds of millions. Just like nothing Conte achieved in his career was ever due to his own merit.

I'm a huge critic of Lukaku but you make me seem like his biggest fanboy But nah dude, Mauro "benched-by-Choupo-Moting-and-Moise-Kean" Icardi is the worlds greatest forward - even greater than Cristiano Ronaldo who is a limited poacher with no other skills.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

18. Thanks (3): NimAraya, thatdude, Wings

Greece

For someone who changes his views based on what I write, you don't seem to pay that much attention to my words.

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    pull your head out of your ass
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    pull your head out of your ass
    No

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Big Rom

Ireland

65 10 years of FIF
    Liverpool who were missing 5/6 of their 1st choice 11, due to injury & COVID, completely dominated Leicester who were above them in the league at the start of the match. They didn't miss a beat, Klopp has this squad so well drilled, looked like champions throughout the game. I don't see anyone giving them a real challenge again this season.

Jota looks like a world beater in this team, it's amazing how many of the signings under Klopp have been a success, very few teams have such success in the transfer market as Liverpool have had in recent years. The only team capable of matching Liverpool's quality are currently 8 points behind in 13th, albeit with a game in hand.

23. Thanks (3): eduzee, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Jota is a prime example how good a player can become in a right environment. Same with Ndombele, suddenly he looks a lot better

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    It wasn’t that he lost motivation he just never had a locker room willing to do anything he told them to since inter really. Spurs players are so desperate for a trophy they run through a brick wall if he tells them to. I think mou has also learned from his last failed jobs and “modernized” his approach to man management a bit.

Still a long road ahead for this Spurs team though.
    I've said this before, but I really think Mourinho is best suited to clubs that are at least somewhat outsiders. I remember reading that Mourinho had some trouble convincing Real Madrid players to buy into his mentality because they were very much the establishment in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    The criticism was never about Mourinho's ability to set up a defense, other than at the beginning of his spell at Spurs when they couldn't stop conceding. Man Utd under him had a very good defensive record. It was more about how he doesn't rehearse attacking movements the way most top managers do these days. It seems he has solved this problem with the Son-Kane relationship, but I'd still be a bit cautious. This has worked excellently in big games, but against smaller teams like Brighton and Burnley they've looked very disjointed, even if results have been good.

26. Thanks (3): eduzee, Irequis, MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Jota is a prime example how good a player can become in a right environment. Same with Ndombele, suddenly he looks a lot better
    Sadly we always seem to do the opposite get a good player put him in his worst position and and ask him to do things he cant....
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte