Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Arturo Vidal

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Ireland

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    This guy is a complete wasteman, he just doesn't put the effort in at all, he misses easy chances (I feel on purpose) he doesn't show his flair (like he did for Chile on the last break + goal) and he gives away stupid unnecessary free kicks via clumsy lousy tackles. Lets not even start on his f'in red card.

Liability this guy, gives me nothing.
    Defying The Odds, Living The Dream
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...oal490ai_1.jpg
    Well, that's nice.

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Oh? But but but Conte bought the guy so we should be showing support.
    Dr. Marotta

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    This guy is a complete wasteman, he just doesn't put the effort in at all, he misses easy chances (I feel on purpose) he doesn't show his flair (like he did for Chile on the last break + goal) and he gives away stupid unnecessary free kicks via clumsy lousy tackles. Lets not even start on his f'in red card.

Wouldn't say it this drastically. But yeah, Vidal has been disappointment for sure. He seems to be just too slow. When you are too slow, you are late in everything. On the ball and off the ball. Then clever opponents will play around you. I hope the contract with Vidal is only this and next season and there's no option for third with unanimous decision by the player.

5. Thanks (1): Pajo

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    I personally expected this, but well.. He has lost his motivation on club level even at Barca, he played well only in big games (tbh he hasnt showed that here). Otherwise, he was just walking down the pitch, hence Barca fans bashing him.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

7. Thanks (1): Bergpavian

Italy

Conte has wanted him. Conte must respond for this.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Argentina

He is our best defensive midfielder and he is still very good at recovering the ball. However his occasional antics ruins everything especially at our UCL run when his follies directly costed us 6 points. I would not rate him as top or flop for I think he is at the balance between worth-it and not-worth-it signing.
    http://irequis.wordpress.com/
    Feeling up the senses like a night in Giuseppe Meazza

10. Thanks (1): eduzee

Serbia

I can't agree with this. Sure he is wasteful, but to say that he doesn't put in the effort is simply false. He runs his ass off, he tries to steal the ball away. Regarding the flair - who the hell is showing flair at Inter? We are playing what our manager wants to be a hyper-disciplined football that is pragmatic above all else. When was the last time you've seen a proper dribble pulled off by an Inter player?

12. Thanks (4): eduzee, MVD, rfU, thatdude

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    I'm not sure what FIF was expecting out of 33 year old Vidal. He was brought in to provide grit and aggression into our midfield and leadership. He has done ok with the former and but not as well in the latter. My only complaint is that he's been given far too many minutes.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    I thought Vidal demonstrated his class when he first joined and he's done more or less what's expected of him. As far as being the prototype aggressive, combative Conte-midfielder goes, he's been fine.

The problem has been his handful of high-profile and extremely costly mistakes such as his sending off vs Real Madrid and penalty vs Monchengladbach.

The fact that Conte plays him at every opportunity is highly irritating but not exactly his fault. It also contributes to his inconsistency because Vidal is fucking 33 years old. He doesn't have the legs/lungs to play 90 minutes every 3 days anymore.

I was expecting more goals and/or contributions tbh but I think he'll eventually get there. I'd be disappointed if he ended the season without getting about 6 goals and assists each.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    The fact that Conte plays him at every opportunity is highly irritating but not exactly his fault. It also contributes to his inconsistency because Vidal is fucking 33 years old. He doesn't have the legs/lungs to play 90 minutes every 3 days anymore.
    This exactly is the problem with Vidal here he d be a good/great rotation player but at this point of his career he should not be a certain starter at a big club.
    Sadly our coach looks at him as his number 1 choice in midfield.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Vidal's end product has been very disappointing so far, I expected more shots from him. He scored 8 league goals last season, so its not an age thing - perhaps more of a form issue.

Apart from that, his work rate and aggression have been pretty much in line with expectation. I think Conte needs to use him more as a sub than a starter, as he doesn't have the lungs to play with that intensity for 90 minutes every 3 days. I hope Vidal gets his scoring mojo back soon, we need more goals from midfield.

17. Thanks (2): Palacio, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    I personally expected this, but well.. He has lost his motivation on club level even at Barca, he played well only in big games (tbh he hasnt showed that here). Otherwise, he was just walking down the pitch, hence Barca fans bashing him.
    But wasn’t he the best Barca midfielder?
    Dr. Marotta

19. Thanks (2): Jane The Virgin, MVD

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

Forum Supporter
    Actually, he was pretty good today. His fouls slowed the match down so we could maintain the upper hand at the end.

21. Thanks (3): Bluenine, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cuchu

Hong Kong

10 years of FIF
    Better today. But no doubt his physical form is declining. Not playing in UCL should help him recover better. The issue is he lost his aggression after the red card. Vidal needs to understand he needs to control his temper, but not to refrain from 50/50 tackles.
    Grazie Ragazzi

Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by uny_arturo View Post
    Better today. But no doubt his physical form is declining. Not playing in UCL should help him recover better. The issue is he lost his aggression after the red card. Vidal needs to understand he needs to control his temper, but not to refrain from 50/50 tackles.
    He is 33.... in the decline of his career. The reds will only get worst with age as his body isn’t able to do what it use to he will just double down on the aggression
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

24. Thanks (1): _Ivan_

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Such a pathetic moron

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Ireland

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter

^
    Defying The Odds, Living The Dream
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...oal490ai_1.jpg
    Well, that's nice.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Eto'o

Croatia

49 10 years of FIF
    Done player

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Been saying this earlier, this guy is just so slow. Everything he does is just so slow. On and off the ball things, anticipation, everything.

When is Sensi going to be ready to start? I want this guy out of the starting lineup.

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Good punishment from Conte to get him out in the ht. He deserves an even worst punishment actually as his idiotic fouls are causing us losing points.