Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 LastLast

Thread: UEFA Champions League 2020/2021

Fav. Player
    Barella

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    JuBe-Barca tonight. 0-3
    Quote Originally Posted by NimAraya View Post
    Not counting on that. The team that lose 1-3 at home to this shit Madrid can lose to any other team.
    If Ansu Fati saw it fit to just tap that in I would've been spot on. Not too far anyway.

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso,Zanet

Italian teams are going nowhere in Europe..ridiculing Juve would not help..What has happened to the famed Italian defense?? Are they trying to play tiki taka? Losing their strength in defense??

3. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Indonesia

This morata dude has trouble with his offside awareness

5. Thanks (2): Adriano, thatdude

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    Pjanic is overrated. Always has been. Don't fool yourself over his performance against this side of gobbi.
    We can disagree on that. He may of had a down year last year and be past his best in general, but it doesn't change the fact that he was one of the best midfielders in the league over the past 5 or so years and the linchpin of juve's midfield.

I personally thought it was a gamble letting him go for Arthur. It could pay off big time, but it could also fail. Juve have changed a lot in a very short span of time.

7. Thanks (2): Bergpavian, Universe

Federated States of Micronesia

If Ansu Fati saw it fit to just tap that in I would've been spot on. Not too far anyway.
    Was too tired and didnt watch the match. Dont know if Barca was good or Juve was bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    That's a weird statement coming from an inter fan.
    I think he's an Espaņol fan also. He hated Barca even before jumping on Barca's hate bandwagon was cool.
    Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

9. Thanks (1): Alex de Large

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Barca was good and made Juve look bad. Juve had no imagination up front, Dybala was horrible, nowhere to be seen. Interesting to see what will they do with that guy. He's asking for 15m€ net salary and they need to either extend him or sell him next summer. He doesn't look even 10m€ net salary player at all.

11. Thanks (1): NimAraya

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

United won 5 0 against Leipzig, with Rashford coming in the 63rd minute and scoring a hattrick. Again, Rashford channeling his inner Cristiano with all those 3 goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

13. Thanks (1): n4l

Serbia

Hopefully this doesn't lead to jube hiring a real coach.
    Here's to hoping they keep the wine-stirring philosopher at least until January.

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Lol you have Arthur and you put a full defensive midfielder while taking out a winger when you are losing.
    The same thing happens to us as well lol

17. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Juve's group is so poor that they're destined to go through. I have a feeling Pirlo won't be around for the knockout rounds.
    And replace him with who? Pochettino? He is too expensive for Juve and he's probably waiting for Real or Man Utd. Allegri? Agnelli would be basically admitting he made a mistake by firing him and he's too arrogant to do it. Sarri? Spalletti? No. Agnelli was against hiring him in 2014 and i don't think he has changed his mind about him.

Unless Juventus are constantly dropping points left and right in Serie A Pirlo's job is probably secure at least until CL round of 16.

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    And replace him with who? Pochettino? He is too expensive for Juve and he's probably waiting for Real or Man Utd. Allegri? Agnelli would be basically admitting he made a mistake by firing him and he's too arrogant to do it. Sarri? Spalletti? No. Agnelli was against hiring him in 2014 and i don't think he has changed his mind about him.
    Antonio Conte
    <<Gli scudetti č giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

21. Thanks (3): Candreva Crosses, MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    JZ AR Adri NB

England

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Antonio Conte
    As of the way things have been going so far , this could well be a possibility !

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    DDA, Bastoni

United States

In the US, Inter vs Real Madrid is on TUDN at 3:00pm this coming Tuesday November 3rd. Gladbach vs Shakhtar is on Galavision at 12:55 the same day.

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by syrus View Post
    As of the way things have been going so far , this could well be a possibility !
    Besides the fact that Agnelli hates Conte, it's against the rules of Serie A for someone to coach two different teams in the same season, so we're safe from that scenario.

Canada

As good of a player as Dybala is, he's not the easiest to fit in tactically. There was a heat map of the match vs. Barca and him and Kulusevski were pretty much taking up the same positions. He's a bit of a headache for a coach in that case. Not sure if it's Pirlo's instructions for him to drop back so much or just what he does as a player (similar to Messi, but obviously not the same class).

Also, not sure what Juventus are planning to do in terms of where they will play Chiesa. I haven't seen him on the left as much but not sure it makes sense to pay big money and play him out of his preferred position (unless he's actually better on the left, but I haven't seen much of him playing there before).

Their defence is also a mess. They are missing De Ligt and Chiellini although I don't know how fit the latter can be for the season, or how he can do in a more demanding role if he plays as an LCB. Demiral gets a lot of praise but I don't rate him that much. He has some qualities, but he looks too rash of a player. He has heart but seems to go into every challenge with equal aggression, no matter whether it's in the penalty area or outside of it.

Morata has actually been good for them. A bit unlucky with the offsides imo.

Their midfield I'm not impressed by. Not a single 'class' player there. I've always found Arthur really overrated. I like Bentancur but I'm not sure he's much better now than he was 1.5-2 years ago. Rabiot is another overrated player and McKennie is good at what he does, but not top class.

Bernardeschi is a meme at this point.

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    As good of a player as Dybala is, he's not the easiest to fit in tactically. There was a heat map of the match vs. Barca and him and Kulusevski were pretty much taking up the same positions. He's a bit of a headache for a coach in that case. Not sure if it's Pirlo's instructions for him to drop back so much or just what he does as a player (similar to Messi, but obviously not the same class).

Also, not sure what Juventus are planning to do in terms of where they will play Chiesa. I haven't seen him on the left as much but not sure it makes sense to pay big money and play him out of his preferred position (unless he's actually better on the left, but I haven't seen much of him playing there before).

Their defence is also a mess. They are missing De Ligt and Chiellini although I don't know how fit the latter can be for the season, or how he can do in a more demanding role if he plays as an LCB. Demiral gets a lot of praise but I don't rate him that much. He has some qualities, but he looks too rash of a player. He has heart but seems to go into every challenge with equal aggression, no matter whether it's in the penalty area or outside of it.

Morata has actually been good for them. A bit unlucky with the offsides imo.

Their midfield I'm not impressed by. Not a single 'class' player there. I've always found Arthur really overrated. I like Bentancur but I'm not sure he's much better now than he was 1.5-2 years ago. Rabiot is another overrated player and McKennie is good at what he does, but not top class.

Bernardeschi is a meme at this point.
    And yet they'll finish ten points clear of us

28. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Even an absolute banter team like Man U can still drag themselves out of their stupor, at least temporarily, and get up for the Champions League. Despite being a joke of a club, they still manage to pull themselves together momentarily with two strong performances against very respectable opposition in the CL.

How sad that we can't even manage that. All this "Inter is coming", "Inter is here", "a riveder le stelle" shit, only to play like absolute fucking bitches once there. The fuck is the point. We there for the showing up money and nothing else?

Man U is a drunk, deadbeat dad who disappoints his children all the time, but every now and again, he gets his act together and shows up on their birthday with a present. We're the same drunk, deadbeat dad minus the occasional moments. When we see our kids birthday on the calendar, we talk a big game about buying them a great present and taking them out to Disney World and then we get cold feet like a sad cunt and don't show up. (I don't have kids but I assume this is the grade of parenting the rest of you are)

As for Dybala, it didn't go unnoticed that juve spent something like €80m on two players who are in direct competition with him Kulusevski looks an excellent player. Chiesa, despite his inconsistency and cuntish behaviour is still the best young Italian talent IMO.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    We like to get drunk and throw up in the face of our children instead.

31. Thanks (1): aymantawil

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    When we see our kids birthday on the calendar, we talk a big game about buying them a great present and taking them out to Disney World and then we get cold feet like a sad cunt and don't show up. (I don't have kids but I assume this is the grade of parenting the rest of you are)
    Hahaha

33. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Switzerland

Pedri is going to be a star

35. Thanks (2): Harpsabu, thatdude