Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Inter - Milan (17 Oct 20)

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavu View Post
    Did u watch the Liverpool vs Everton game yesterday? Did u see the refereeing mistakes in that game? And yet the EPL is the biggest league in the world. Refs are just shit sometimes. It’s not an indictment on the league.
    EPL ref decisions have been far worst tbh. It's no coincidence they're called VARchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Wearing your mask like that is like wearing a condom on your balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    So here my two cents first of as expected dumbro and kolarov together as cbs did not work and they sucked surprisingly dumbo even more than kolarov. Ref was also piss poor and i m starting to wonder if we even use var anymore? So many 50/50 s went bbilans way many fouls not given and so on.
    I m also still pissed at the not given penalty why the fuck was it offsides when the ball came from a bbilan CB? And it s not like it was just a shot at the defender, like i m pretty sure i ve seen refs not give the offsides in the exact same situations.And again no VAr on hakimi that was a huge missed call..

That all being said we still should have easily won, we had more chances Lukaku alone should have had 2/3 goals and there were some other misses perisic and Hakimi comes to mind. Conte needs to stop being a cunt and play eriksen why the fuck did he wait so long for the sub and who in his right mind would play Eriksen deeper than they play barella?

Anyways bottom line i m pissed cause we simply need to win that game their best player is a 39 year old former WC striker who does not run for more than 60 mins, there is no excuse in losing this game period. Now will have to listen to those annoying BBillan cunts again on how good they are and blah blah until its impossible for them to reach the CL spots and they realize what a shit squad they have at their hands.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Ireland

My theory on the ghost penalty: the referee / VAR judged it as offside so that they wouldn't have to decide yes or no on the penalty itself.
    The contact with Donaruma / Lukaku was pretty minimal and the ball was going out, so honestly I'm not sure if it was worth a penaly. Maybe yes, but it would have been a soft one.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Technically it would've been a pk, even though Lukaku dragged his foot to get some contact. It was still "contact" enough to impede a player so if there was no offside, aka, if Lukaku wasn't lazy and in an offside position upon that vidal entry pass, it 100% would've been a pk.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster

So wasteful... Did Milan even have another chance?

Imagine if Hakimi had Lukaku's nerve to demand the ball in that clear cut last chance when he decided to hit the ball the opposite way as if he'd have better chances than he had failing to shoot it straight all night long...

<<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

6. Thanks (3): Jusef, morrisama, MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    krunic i think had a ridiculous chance he blasted but otherwise, they didn't have many clear chances, just a few dangerous situations.

8. Thanks (2): ADRossi, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Lukaku wasnt in an offside position. There was no pass from Eriksen, and you can only be offside at the time of the pass of the ball. There's plenty of precedent in the Premiership, for example, of players not being offside in similar situations.

I dont know what the latest iteration of offsidee laws are, but as far as I'm aware they've ALWAYS included the pass clause.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Ref was a disgrace in this match. Failing to protect Hakimi in any way from Kessie was awful. Kessie's stomp on Hakimi would have warranted straight red, AT LEAST a yellow which would have got him sent off anyway. Refs somehow missed the foul completely. Disaster.

PK was clear, offside was ghostery, Eriksen's touch to the ball was for himself, cannot be interpreted as a pass in any possible imanigation.

11. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, Bluenine, thatdude

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    Lukaku wasnt in an offside position. There was no pass from Eriksen, and you can only be offside at the time of the pass of the ball. There's plenty of precedent in the Premiership, for example, of players not being offside in similar situations.

I dont know what the latest iteration of offsidee laws are, but as far as I'm aware they've ALWAYS included the pass clause.
    The rule says "touched" and "played", not pass. You can identify a touch of the ball, but you cannot take a qualitative stance and make a whole discussion if it was a pass or not.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play
    In explaining play or touch = The first point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball should be used

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    The way I see it, Kessie should have seen red (2nd yellow) for that Hakimi foul and Lukaku wasn't offside. Inter, despite being decimated by absentees, should have won this game if it wasn't for the ref. Its very annoying, specially since this is happening right after what happened to Sensi in Rome.

I smell another calciopoli.

14. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Eriksen touched the ball but he didn't play it to Lukaku, thus it was not an offside. I cannot understand how the fuck were they able to conjure an offside out of that play. We really should make a noice out of this shit as a club.

Not blaming ref for the loss, it is totally on us but we can still complain about horrible refereeing.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Eriksen touched the ball but he didn't play it to Lukaku, thus it was not an offside. I cannot understand how the fuck were they able to conjure an offside out of that play. We really should make a noice out of this shit as a club.

Not blaming ref for the loss, it is totally on us but we can still complain about horrible refereeing.
    Oh god Cafe. The rule literally says play OR touch your teammate. It does not have to be a deliberate play. It's 100% clear in the rules. This is a non-controversy.

I already posted this in lukaku's thread...

Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    When the ball hit eriksen, lukaku was in an offside position. If the ball never touched eriksen, then we wouldn't have gained that advantage. The ball would've gone forward, not backward.

The law is not "pass" the ball forward. The law is quite literally, "play or touched by a teammate".

No controversy here.
    A new phase of play did not occur. Kjaer's touch was directly becasue of the touch off of eriksen. So we gained an advantage due to the touch of Eriksen, and on that touch of eriksen, lukaku was offside.

If eriksen never touched the ball, the ball would never even get to kjaer. Romanolgi's touch was going forward and not towards kjaer.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I smell another calciopoli.
    No shit Sherlock. Where have you been for the last 10 years?

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo&Vieri

Croatia

lautaro was fouled and notnprotected too by couple of times...while they players got it for every time they laid on the ground...nit to say we lost because of that but it was obvious...we actually lost because we wasnt lucky enough...but i am not too worry, we didnt look clueles like in the last couplenof years, with sensi and defense back we should be ok...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Essere nerazzurri come guidare una moto: adrenalina e voglia di vincere tutto. - Il dottore

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Oh god Cafe. The rule literally says play OR touch your teammate. It does not have to be a deliberate play. It's 100% clear in the rules. This is a non-controversy.

I already posted this in lukaku's thread...
    So if the ball touches any of our player while we have a player in an offside position, offside should be called because we got advantage of the ball touch?

When the ball touched Eriksen, ball wasn't moving to Lukaku. Deliberately or not, it wasn't going to Lukaku so how's that an offside? That is the key. After the touch, ball goes to Kjaer and that is the point when the offside is deactivated, it's not Inter player touching the ball to get the ball to Lukaku. We can imagine that as Eriksen taking the ball, but losing it immediately but in the process opponent plays the ball to Lukaku. That is not an offside. How's the play in the game was different from that?

That quote from Lukaku thread, wtf? What advantage we have when Eriksen touched the ball? Lukaku is nowhere near. Touch isn't a ball moving to Lukaku, it was a flick for himself. When Kjaer stumbles there, he's the one playing the ball to Lukaku and offside position is history already.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

We should have got a result yesterday, even with the absentees. No excuses.

Doesn’t change the fact the ref was fucked. And it’s not even Milan pulling the strings, as they’ve got no political power in Italy these days with Berlu out of the picture. We’re going to see some real shit this season with Pirlo on the Juve bench.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    So if the ball touches any of our player while we have a player in an offside position, offside should be called because we got advantage of the ball touch?
    That's the rule.

Let met give you a hypothetical as to WHY the rule is just "touch" and not about deliberate "play". Supposed we are going to clear the ball from our defense. Zlatan is in offside position. DeV blasts the ball to clear but it hits Leao and goes right to Zlatan for him to score. Would you really want that to NOT be offside because leao didn't make a deliberate play?

Again. The rule is clear. Is your player in an offside position when it is played by OR is touched by your teammate? If the answer is yes, it is offside, end of story.

Weren't browha and others arguing technicality of rules 2 weeks ago? Well, there you go.....technicality of the rule.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    That example is not the same. In the example Leao would move the ball to Zlatan. Eriksen's touch didn't move the ball to Lukaku. Eriksen's touch to the ball had nothing to do with Lukaku getting the ball. There was no offside position the second Kjaer touched the ball.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    That example is not the same. In the example Leao would move the ball to Zlatan. Eriksen's touch didn't move the ball to Lukaku. Eriksen's touch to the ball had nothing to do with Lukaku getting the ball. There was no offside position the second Kjaer touched the ball.

If eriksen didn't touch the ball, the ball would move away from the goal, away from lukaku...forward (away from milan's defense). The touch on eriksen caused the ball to move backward (back towards milan's goal, back towards lukaku), which then hit kjaer (in a microsecond) and continued toward lukaku. If eriksen didn't touch the ball, the ball is not getting to lukaku at all.

So therefore, eriksen's touch moved the ball back into a path of getting to lukaku. The fact that there was another, inadvertent touch, doesn't negate that.

And regardless, it makes no difference. The rule is clear. When it touched eriksen, lukaku was offside and the ball got to lukaku within the same phase of play.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Eriksen got the ball, was doing his own stuff with the ball, at no point was ball going to Lukaku in our attack. It was passed to Eriksen. Eriksen tried to flick the ball when Kjaer arrived, didn't succeed since Kjaer pushed the ball to Lukaku. That is not an offside.

But, you are right about the rule, Kjaer touch was a pure deflection and as Lukaku was already offside before Eriksen's flick touch, there was offside and it deflection didn't defuse it.

You can also cut with that facepalm attitude stuff, that's pretty irritating way to have a conversation. You are facepalming to my response to your example which was nowhere near the same kind of play.