Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast

Thread: Inter - Mönchengladbach (21 Oct 20)

Fav. Player
    Ruben Sosa

Ireland

I thought we defended pretty well tonight. We limited them to very little and the back three was generally solid.

Their second goal was a lucker, as that pass wasn't even intended for him.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by surripere View Post
    I thought we defended pretty well tonight. We limited them to very little and the back three was generally solid.

From glassbox picture the second goal is offside. Would love to get the picture Var used to allow it.

But yes, borussia only had three shots I think all night. The penalty was one and the goal the other.

3. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

India

Quote Originally Posted by kurt0411 View Post
    Tragic half so far, Vidal and Perisic only 2 good played alongside the usual De Vrij

This comment is cursed

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by surripere View Post

You are making it seem like we were playing Liverpool? We were playing Borussia fucking Mönchengladbach, we shouldn't have lost points to begin with, team is 11th in Bundesliga now. Our defense is as leaky as hot oil in a plastic.

Hopefully this gets fixed when skriniar and bastoni fully recover.
    Last edited by brakbrak; 22 Oct 20 at 03:02.

Fav. Player
    Ruben Sosa

Ireland

Yep, two on target and they both went in. One a penalty and the other from a fluke pass. We never deserved to lose that. Good point in the end, we really needed them to not get three points and us nothing.

7. Thanks (2): brakbrak, thatdude

Malta

Yep the trend so far this season which hopefully changes very soon: we have literally conceded every time our opponents have created a half a chance or anything. It’s ridiculously unlucky

9. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Francesco Toldo

United States

We played well, way better compared to a lot of games we won in the past. Shit happens and
    on to the next one.

11. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Yep the trend so far this season which hopefully changes very soon: we have literally conceded every time our opponents have created a half a chance or anything. It’s ridiculously unlucky
    Was our first goal lucky?
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Wearing your mask like that is like wearing a condom on your balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

13. Thanks (2): brakbrak, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Barella

Malaysia

Didn't watch Milan game and this one, I'm just sick with 3 man defence hopefully Conte will be gone by his own will soon..

15. Thanks (1): Vertigo

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

Indonesia

Glad to decide not to watch this shit. What are the excuses this time Cunte?

Old name
    HernanCrespo

Indonesia

I’d like the match vs Madrid to be my first opening thread. No other bhenchods should be allowed to open the thread vs Madrid but me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Oh, and that 3rd Sassuolo goal was so insanely predictable. The moment Valero scored and Sassuolo kicked off to restart play, I knew with all my heart that they were going to equalize. I've never been so utterly sure of anything in my life. It felt like I was having a religious experience. It's unnerving how convinced I was they would score.

But you know the more fucked up thing is that the players knew. Those fucking bitches on the pitch, every single one of them felt the exact same inevitability of the Sassuolo goal. And they just resigned themselves to it. Pathetic.

These cunts don't need training they need a fucking therapist.

18. Thanks (2): GenDire, n4l

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Glad to decide not to watch this shit. What are the excuses this time Cunte?
    Bad luck

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    From glassbox picture the second goal is offside. Would love to get the picture Var used to allow it.

But yes, borussia only had three shots I think all night. The penalty was one and the goal the other.
    The birds eye view made it obvious there was a deflection from Plea. I'm amazed that goal stood up.

But I'm also not convinced Lukaku (or anyone) scores a second goal after that if it remains 1-1. I mean, we'll never know, but nothing seemed imminent before that second Gladbach goal.

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    The birds eye view made it obvious there was a deflection from Plea. I'm amazed that goal stood up.

But I'm also not convinced Lukaku (or anyone) scores a second goal after that if it remains 1-1. I mean, we'll never know, but nothing seemed imminent before that second Gladbach goal.
    Exactly. This game had draw all over it after they scored the pen. We need a W against Shakhtar or else this will become very very difficult.

22. Thanks (2): thatdude, Universe

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Wake up at 5:50AM, watch the match from 6-8AM. 8:05AM immediately turn on laptop and start working remotely, only just get a lunch break now at 2:30PM. Fucking piece of shit game. Fucking piece of shit team. Absolute fucking animals.

Quote Originally Posted by dynasty27 View Post
    3 of 4 Italian clubs won their games
    I was actually joking with my Man Utd friend about this yesterday and I told him to watch every Italian team win with the exception of Inter. So predicktable.

This team is a disgrace and I'm getting my RITIRO banner warmed up. Fucking scudetto my ass.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    We have conceded other chances too in this season, not just the ones which have resulted to actual conceded goal. We had same issue last year too, we managed to luck out of the chances conceded more than now. But the issue is systemic, we cannot defend. Apart from the first half in this match.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Italy

When we look back at our games, after being knocked out the Group Stages yet again, and wonder which costed us it all, it'll be this one.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    We have conceded other chances too in this season, not just the ones which have resulted to actual conceded goal. We had same issue last year too, we managed to luck out of the chances conceded more than now. But the issue is systemic, we cannot defend. Apart from the first half in this match.
    The first half was mostly due to Gladbach's unwillingness to attack.

You must realize that teams that face us aren't really spectacular at anything, they are very fragile and try to protect themselves. If they attack us, we will probably get a scoring chance against them. Same applied with Milan.

This points to some observations:
    - We have a strong squad, significantly stronger than most of our opponents.
    - We are lined up with a huge weakness that is waiting to be exploited.
    - Teams are afraid to push the offensive against if they aren't very balanced because we can do them damage.
    - We cannot break a defense that is sitting back.

Thus, we are being tactically outclassed in almost every game so far this season. Fiorentina, Lazio, Milan, Gladbach.
    The same applied last season but we had more luck at the back, stronger individual presence in Godin and/or Skriniar, Handanovic was in god mode and we found it easy to attack other teams as we usually had an early lead, or we opened the score, which enabled us to sit more deep and invite them over, leaving more space for Lukaku and the wing backs to attack the space.

Whenever we need more than 4 passes to get an attack going, it fails. We are very good in direct counter attacks and teams do not allow that anymore. Smaller teams will do, situations will arise where this will happen, but it no longer will become the norm. And since we have weakened defensively, this means that our free roaming midfielders will have to be more defensively aware in terms of positioning. This means we attack with less players, which last year was one of our advantage, we had an attack lined up from the wing, so one attacking player, then you had the 2 strikers, at least 2 central midfielders and the other side wing back would be on the far post. That's 6 players joining the attack.
    Now with the 3-4-1-2, for "balance", means that 2 of the central midfielders will probably still sit deep or at most lurk outside the box, one of the strikers will have to move deeper as a result and possibly not be involved in the last phase of the attack, while the '1' or the extra striker will usually act as a decoy and the whole attack is essentially based on a winger sending the ball to the opposite winger who tries to enter the box or the other attacking player. That's 4 players in attack, and I'm being very generous.

The whole problem of not being able to attack as well anymore comes from the weakening of the defense. This is what "balance" means. We have to balance out the inadequacy of the coach's choice. The same thing with Spalletti before Conte. He didn't want to use 2 strikers for "balance" reasons, yet two of our three central midfielders were sitting very deep, offering nothing up front during most of the game unless Vecino or Gagliardini would go on a run, which in turn exposed our defense in more than few occasions.

It's mostly a matter of personnel that has made the difference so far. The system isn't ideal but last year it worked because we rode upon our previous sentiment that our defense was the key aspect of our game. That builds confidence. Now that this is exposed, all that confidence is long gone. Someone needs to bring it back, but with Kolarov-De Vrij- D'Ambrosio chances are that we're not going to see much. Juan Jesus-Ranocchia-Campagnaro was probably a far better defensive trident on paper back then
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

27. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    "We are very good in direct counter attacks and teams do not allow that anymore."

Eh? Here I was thinking we were one of the worst counter-attacking teams I'd ever seen in my life.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

29. Thanks (2): NimAraya, Nothing

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Well put out. There's no fucking balance at all. It requires one mistake and we're so fucking exposed.

31. Thanks (2): Jagger, Rain