Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inter - Mönchengladbach (21 Oct 20)

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Canada

idc how many score but it better be a clean sheet

Fav. Player
    Lukaku, Barella

Germany

Just don't lose. Otherwise I will get humilated by my friends.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by German_Interista View Post
    Do you know much about monchengladbach? How are they? What can we expect

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    We are 100% going to lose this match.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. Thanks (2): ADRossi, Doffy

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Do you know much about monchengladbach? How are they? What can we expect
    Gladbach's best player is Denis Zakaria, but he hasn't played since March due to a knee injury. He was supposed to be back a long time ago, but I guess he keeps getting setbacks. He's not back in training, his timetable is unknown, I'm not even sure he'll be back for the reverse fixture at this point. He's a complete unknown, and Gladbach just isn't the same team without him. His presence allows Neuhaus to be more active facilitating play up the field. As it is, I feel like he hasn't done too much of anything in that regard yet this season.

As I said on the first page, there's a good chance neither preferred RB option will be playing on Wednesday. Haven't seen an official report - maybe I just haven't looked deep enough - but Stefan Lainer left on Saturday with an injury, our old friend Lazaro has been out since pre-season, so I'm not quite sure what to expect as far as whether it'll be Tony Jantschke playing in that role or if Oscar Wendt will be moved out of position and played on that side. If it's the former, you're not gonna see a whole lot of creativity flowing from that side of the field.

The attacking players are good. Really good. But without having had much success in the midfield this season, along with that all three of them have been working back from various injuries, there just hasn't been a whole lot of quality shining through. The derby match against Köln was the team's best performance, but that's also pretty much been their only performance. Hammered in Dortmund while missing multiple first XI players and uninspired home draws against Union and Wolfsburg, conceding late equalizers in both. It's not been a good start to the season at all for Gladbach, unfortunately.

Not trying to be biased, but Sommer is one of the most underrated 'keepers in Europe. He's wonderful. Can be a little careless with his distribution, however.

If we see another DDA and Kolarov game, then all bets are off. Thuram and Plea could make mincemeat out of both. It would really be nice to have Bastoni back and starting for this game, and hopefully that's a viable goal. But since Zakaria's injury last season, Gladbach is "only" 7-3-4. I expect Inter to win this match, somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-1 or 3-2.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    We are 100% going to lose this match.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    Gladbach's best player is Denis Zakaria, but he hasn't played since March due to a knee injury. He was supposed to be back a long time ago, but I guess he keeps getting setbacks. He's not back in training, his timetable is unknown, I'm not even sure he'll be back for the reverse fixture at this point. He's a complete unknown, and Gladbach just isn't the same team without him. His presence allows Neuhaus to be more active facilitating play up the field. As it is, I feel like he hasn't done too much of anything in that regard yet this season.

As I said on the first page, there's a good chance neither preferred RB option will be playing on Wednesday. Haven't seen an official report - maybe I just haven't looked deep enough - but Stefan Lainer left on Saturday with an injury, our old friend Lazaro has been out since pre-season, so I'm not quite sure what to expect as far as whether it'll be Tony Jantschke playing in that role or if Oscar Wendt will be moved out of position and played on that side. If it's the former, you're not gonna see a whole lot of creativity flowing from that side of the field.

The attacking players are good. Really good. But without having had much success in the midfield this season, along with that all three of them have been working back from various injuries, there just hasn't been a whole lot of quality shining through. The derby match against Köln was the team's best performance, but that's also pretty much been their only performance. Hammered in Dortmund while missing multiple first XI players and uninspired home draws against Union and Wolfsburg, conceding late equalizers in both. It's not been a good start to the season at all for Gladbach, unfortunately.

Not trying to be biased, but Sommer is one of the most underrated 'keepers in Europe. He's wonderful. Can be a little careless with his distribution, however.

If we see another DDA and Kolarov game, then all bets are off. Thuram and Plea could make mincemeat out of both. It would really be nice to have Bastoni back and starting for this game, and hopefully that's a viable goal. But since Zakaria's injury last season, Gladbach is "only" 7-3-4. I expect Inter to win this match, somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-1 or 3-2.
    If Jantschke starts, i believe it's more likely Ginter will play as rb. He has played in that position in the past many times. Any chance Rose could start the Swiss guy who's a natural rb?

As for Dortmund game, i watched it and i don't think you were that bad. You were the better team by far till Dortmund first goal which came out of nowhere. I liked what i had seen from Gladbach till that moment. But after the goal it felt like the players gave up mentally so it ended up being an easy win for Dortmund. The next Gladbach match i watched was your last one against Wolfsburg and i have to admit i was very disappointed. Pretty poor performance against a totally mediocre team.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    If Jantschke starts, i believe it's more likely Ginter will play as rb. He has played in that position in the past many times. Any chance Rose could start the Swiss guy who's a natural rb?

As for Dortmund game, i watched it and i don't think you were that bad. You were the better team by far till Dortmund first goal which came out of nowhere. I liked what i had seen from Gladbach till that moment. But after the goal it felt like the players gave up mentally so it ended up being an easy win for Dortmund. The next Gladbach match i watched was your last one against Wolfsburg and i have to admit i was very disappointed. Pretty poor performance against a totally mediocre team.
    Lang? He's back in the team but I don't think Rose rates him at all. He was loaned out last year and hasn't played a minute yet this season. I suppose you can never discount things 100% but I wouldn't count on him playing.

I don't think the beginning of the Dortmund game was bad either, necessarily, but given the circumstances, with none of the preferred attacking trio starting in that game, it always felt like it was going to be an uphill battle for that reason alone. That the other shoe was going to drop at some point. Once it did, it never felt much like a game. That Gladbach never beats Dortmund didn't help with that feeling. It's bizarre. Gladbach never backs down from a challenge against Bayern but they've lost 12 straight to Dortmund. Frustrating.

The only thing I'll say from this past Saturday is that, as we came to see across Europe as a whole, teams with a lot of international players really, really struggled. Gladbach players looked dead during the second half. It was a miracle they were even in position to win at all. It doesn't help that Wolfsburg is the most boring team to play in Germany, either. They're a long ways from the days of De Bruyne there. Hopefully something starts to turn around in time for their next Bundesliga game, because the way they look right now and with the schedule coming up, I'm not too optimistic at the moment about Gladbach finding their way back to the Champions League for 2021-'22. But it is early days and that could turn around still.

10. Thanks (2): Harpsabu, Il Drago

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by German_Interista View Post
    Draw won't be enough. We need to win this if we are to have chances to progress. Last season draw vs Slavia fucked us so badly.

Fav. Player
    The Phenomenon

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    We better hope Rose is afraid of Inter and he's gonna use 3-5-2, as he usually does in the big games, instead of his usual 4-2-3-1. Else we're getting destroyed on the wings. Especially a possible Thuram vs D'Ambrosio matchup would be a horror show.
    Oh shit, they got 2 formations, hey Conte...look.

13. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Oh shit, they got 2 formations, hey Conte...look.
    Remember during 2016 when Conte first joined Chelsea? He tried using a 4-2-3-1. The team was horrendous. He then switched them to a 3-4-3 and won the league. (Proof)

Dude is a one tricky pony; can't manage without his precious three at the back.

15. Thanks (1): Il Drago

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    He always preferred 4 at the back but with 4 wing players.
    He fully converted to 3 at the back at Juventus in his 3rd season. He cannot live without wing players. If we had Lazaro and Politano still you could see him switching to some horrendous 4-2-4 formation with Vidal and Gagliardini as the sole midfielders.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    Draw won't be enough. We need to win this if we are to have chances to progress. Last season draw vs Slavia fucked us so badly.
    I get this and certainly it was a terrible start to everything, but we had more than overcome it by the time it was 2-0 at halftime in Dortmund on MD 4. Just holding out for a draw and beating Slavia would've secured advancing and we couldn't even protect a two-goal lead enough to do that. That was really where we lost control. Dortmund, of course, had a really good team, but there's never an excuse for losing a game you lead by two goals at half time.

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    I get this and certainly it was a terrible start to everything, but we had more than overcome it by the time it was 2-0 at halftime in Dortmund on MD 4. Just holding out for a draw and beating Slavia would've secured advancing and we couldn't even protect a two-goal lead enough to do that. That was really where we lost control. Dortmund, of course, had a really good team, but there's never an excuse for losing a game you lead by two goals at half time.
    Of course, we could even beat Barca at home and go through. We were in it till the end, but failed.

However, wanted to say thay with 1/6 points after two games it's hard to progress. Then again, Spaletti bottled it even with 6/6 after two games and failed to beat PSV at home in last game...Same Zaccheroni in 2003/2004 after Cúper won the first two games.

Nevermind. We need to win.

UPDATE:

Dutch ref Björn (fuck you _OC_ ) Kuipers appointed for this game.
    Last edited by Glass box; Today at 19:57.