Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Genoa - Inter (24 Oct 20)

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Gazzetta are usually spot on with their lineup predictions but considering we didn't have a training yesterday we should wait for their Saturday reports.

It would be insane to start Vidal against Genoa. The guy didn't have a proper preseason and he's playing nonstop since the start of the season both for Inter and his national team. He needs to rest.
    Vidal is Conte's baby. He's going to start every match until he can't walk properly.

2. Thanks (5): Linege, morrisama, MVD, n4l, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Not fucking 5, please. We haven't won since we put 5 past benevento.
    We almost NEVER win after scoring a lot and winning comfortably recently. Starting from Spalletti's first year, we failed to record a win after: Benevento (twice, 5-2 and 6-2), Shaktar (5-0), Brescia (6-0), Cagliari (4-1), Spal (4-0) Rapid Wien (4-0), Genoa (5-0), Chievo (5-0), Udinese (4-0). That's 10 times we scored 4 or more goals and didn't win the following game.

In comparison, and again starting from Spalletti's first year, we only won 4 games after scoring 4 or more while winning comfortably: Sampdoria (5-0), Cagliari (4-0), Lecce (4-0), Genoa (4-0).
    Sassuolo (4-3) and Fiorentina (4-3) also come under scoring 4 or more, but I wouldn't exactly call them comfortable wins. Even winning after the Genoa result is a bit sus, considering there was a 2 week break after and the players didn't take that result with them directly into the next game a few days later.

Something about winning well seems to fuck with these guys. Instead of instilling them with a sense of assurance in the way they play and their abilities, it either puts pressure on them to repeat the result which leads to a worse performance or fills them with overconfidence to the point of not taking the next opponent seriously.

Of course there's extraneous variables such as the quality of the next opponent, breaks between matches, injuries, suspensions, luck, etc. etc. Doesn't change the fact that it's a weird pattern we've fallen into.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    We almost NEVER win after scoring a lot and winning comfortably recently. Starting from Spalletti's first year, we failed to record a win after: Benevento (twice, 5-2 and 6-2), Shaktar (5-0), Brescia (6-0), Cagliari (4-1), Spal (4-0) Rapid Wien (4-0), Genoa (5-0), Chievo (5-0), Udinese (4-0). That's 10 times we scored 4 or more goals and didn't win the following game.

In comparison, and again starting from Spalletti's first year, we only won 4 games after scoring 4 or more while winning comfortably: Sampdoria (5-0), Cagliari (4-0), Lecce (4-0), Genoa (4-0).
    Sassuolo (4-3) and Fiorentina (4-3) also come under scoring 4 or more, but I wouldn't exactly call them comfortable wins. Even winning after the Genoa result is a bit sus, considering there was a 2 week break after and the players didn't take that result with them directly into the next game a few days later.

Something about winning well seems to fuck with these guys. Instead of instilling them with a sense of assurance in the way they play and their abilities, it either puts pressure on them to repeat the result which leads to a worse performance or fills them with overconfidence to the point of not taking the next opponent seriously.

Of course there's extraneous variables such as the quality of the next opponent, breaks between matches, injuries, suspensions, luck, etc. etc. Doesn't change the fact that it's a weird pattern we've fallen into.
    You can take this a step further. After the 7-1 win against Atalanta in 2017, we lost six of the next eight matches and drew the two that we didn't. The 5-0 Chievo win in December 2017 was followed by going 0-6-2 in Serie A, advancing on penalties in a 0-0 game against Pordenone, and then losing to Milan in the Coppa.

So it's not just the next game after, necessarily. We put some real thumpings on and then completely forget how to win games for months to follow.

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    You can take this a step further. After the 7-1 win against Atalanta in 2017, we lost six of the next eight matches and drew the two that we didn't. The 5-0 Chievo win in December 2017 was followed by going 0-6-2 in Serie A, advancing on penalties in a 0-0 game against Pordenone, and then losing to Milan in the Coppa.

So it's not just the next game after, necessarily. We put some real thumpings on and then completely forget how to win games for months to follow.
    Absolutely disgusting.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Inter might actually win this if Brozo and Kolarshit don't start.
    Last edited by Palacio; 23 Oct 20 at 17:54.

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

Brozovic needs to sit out a few games. I don't know 100% what happened in the offseason, but he looks a shell of the player he was at the beginning of last season.

9. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Barella
    Old name
    the dude

Sweden

We will probably win this one, the club is happy, draw or lose in CHL, blame "bad luck" and "inexperienced" players in europe. Draw the next serie a match, draw the one after it, win, lose draw, win, draw, win...

Etc...

What I'm trying to say is that formation needs to change asap.
    Guacamole

11. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Ok, is Sensi available for this one?
    Dr. Marotta

13. Thanks (2): Linege, thatdude

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Ok, is Sensi available for this one?
    Sky predicted that he's gonna be in the bench

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    I'd like to see Pina instaed of Lukaku for this one. Also let Barella takes some rest.

16. Thanks (2): ElinaYvo, Linege

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Are mods trying to save some people from the misery of watching this inter play by fucking up the countdown?

18. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    The Phenomenon

Indonesia

Handa
    SDV - Rano - Bastoni
    Darmian - Nainggolan - Barella - DDA
    Eriksen
    Sanchez - Lautaro

Conte needs to stop with the ultra offensive backline. I'm sick of fucking Kolarov at LCB trying to play like he is Lucio. Just defend and score a troll goal, thats all you can do.

- - - Updated - - -

Handa
    SDV - Rano - Bastoni
    Darmian - Nainggolan - Barella - DDA
    Eriksen
    Sanchez - Lautaro

Conte needs to stop with the ultra offensive backline. I'm sick of fucking Kolarov at LCB trying to play like he is Lucio. Just defend and score a troll goal, thats all you can do.

Old name
    HernanCrespo

Indonesia

After winning big, our players then have sex not in an orderly manner and that’s why Conte’s concerned about it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Oh, and that 3rd Sassuolo goal was so insanely predictable. The moment Valero scored and Sassuolo kicked off to restart play, I knew with all my heart that they were going to equalize. I've never been so utterly sure of anything in my life. It felt like I was having a religious experience. It's unnerving how convinced I was they would score.

But you know the more fucked up thing is that the players knew. Those fucking bitches on the pitch, every single one of them felt the exact same inevitability of the Sassuolo goal. And they just resigned themselves to it. Pathetic.

These cunts don't need training they need a fucking therapist.

21. Thanks (3): H_D_Swagger, Linege, n4l

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Both GdS and Sky predict this:

INTER (3-4-1-2): Handanovic; D'Ambrosio, De Vrij, Bastoni; Darmian, Barella, Vidal, Perisic; Eriksen; Lukaku, Lautaro

23. Thanks (4): MVD, Raul Duke, thatdude, Urban

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

Solid. Only Skriniar and Hakimi missing from my ideal line-up.

25. Thanks (1): ElinaYvo

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Croatia

It can't be solid when you have inferior opponent and you are playing with both Vidal and Barella.And Barella in role that clearly doesn't suit him.Why he is our player with most touches on the ball?It's ridiculous,he is not a playmaker.Get that shit out of here Cunte you fucking idiot.

27. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Conte-19

Russian Federation

thats why conte wanted to sell skriniar and get kante

he would play barella-vidal-kante all the time
    Inter Banter era 2011-

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

I don't see any other setup we can field better than this, without relying on Gagliardini (which won't help) or changing formation (which won't happen).

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Sensi over Eriksen would be about ten folds better.
    Dr. Marotta

31. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    I don't see any other setup we can field better than this, without relying on Gagliardini (which won't help) or changing formation (which won't happen).
    EpicDumbass is still our best midfielder.