Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 337

Thread: Genoa - Inter (24 Oct 20)

  1. #21
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    12,244
    Thanked
    28,081 times
    Fav. Player
    Darmian

    Italy

    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Gazzetta are usually spot on with their lineup predictions but considering we didn't have a training yesterday we should wait for their Saturday reports.

    It would be insane to start Vidal against Genoa. The guy didn't have a proper preseason and he's playing nonstop since the start of the season both for Inter and his national team. He needs to rest.
    Vidal is Conte's baby. He's going to start every match until he can't walk properly.

  2. Thanks (5): Linege, morrisama, MVD, n4l, thatdude

  3. #22
    YoramG's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 May 13
    Posts
    3,877
    Thanked
    7,385 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Italy

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Not fucking 5, please. We haven't won since we put 5 past benevento.
    We almost NEVER win after scoring a lot and winning comfortably recently. Starting from Spalletti's first year, we failed to record a win after: Benevento (twice, 5-2 and 6-2), Shaktar (5-0), Brescia (6-0), Cagliari (4-1), Spal (4-0) Rapid Wien (4-0), Genoa (5-0), Chievo (5-0), Udinese (4-0). That's 10 times we scored 4 or more goals and didn't win the following game.

    In comparison, and again starting from Spalletti's first year, we only won 4 games after scoring 4 or more while winning comfortably: Sampdoria (5-0), Cagliari (4-0), Lecce (4-0), Genoa (4-0).
    Sassuolo (4-3) and Fiorentina (4-3) also come under scoring 4 or more, but I wouldn't exactly call them comfortable wins. Even winning after the Genoa result is a bit sus, considering there was a 2 week break after and the players didn't take that result with them directly into the next game a few days later.

    Something about winning well seems to fuck with these guys. Instead of instilling them with a sense of assurance in the way they play and their abilities, it either puts pressure on them to repeat the result which leads to a worse performance or fills them with overconfidence to the point of not taking the next opponent seriously.

    Of course there's extraneous variables such as the quality of the next opponent, breaks between matches, injuries, suspensions, luck, etc. etc. Doesn't change the fact that it's a weird pattern we've fallen into.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten


  4. #23
    Kramerica Industries's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Apr 18
    Posts
    1,692
    Thanked
    2,481 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    We almost NEVER win after scoring a lot and winning comfortably recently. Starting from Spalletti's first year, we failed to record a win after: Benevento (twice, 5-2 and 6-2), Shaktar (5-0), Brescia (6-0), Cagliari (4-1), Spal (4-0) Rapid Wien (4-0), Genoa (5-0), Chievo (5-0), Udinese (4-0). That's 10 times we scored 4 or more goals and didn't win the following game.

    In comparison, and again starting from Spalletti's first year, we only won 4 games after scoring 4 or more while winning comfortably: Sampdoria (5-0), Cagliari (4-0), Lecce (4-0), Genoa (4-0).
    Sassuolo (4-3) and Fiorentina (4-3) also come under scoring 4 or more, but I wouldn't exactly call them comfortable wins. Even winning after the Genoa result is a bit sus, considering there was a 2 week break after and the players didn't take that result with them directly into the next game a few days later.

    Something about winning well seems to fuck with these guys. Instead of instilling them with a sense of assurance in the way they play and their abilities, it either puts pressure on them to repeat the result which leads to a worse performance or fills them with overconfidence to the point of not taking the next opponent seriously.

    Of course there's extraneous variables such as the quality of the next opponent, breaks between matches, injuries, suspensions, luck, etc. etc. Doesn't change the fact that it's a weird pattern we've fallen into.
    You can take this a step further. After the 7-1 win against Atalanta in 2017, we lost six of the next eight matches and drew the two that we didn't. The 5-0 Chievo win in December 2017 was followed by going 0-6-2 in Serie A, advancing on penalties in a 0-0 game against Pordenone, and then losing to Milan in the Coppa.

    So it's not just the next game after, necessarily. We put some real thumpings on and then completely forget how to win games for months to follow.


  5. #24
    Universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Jan 09
    Posts
    23,991
    Thanked
    53,202 times
    Fav. Player
    Kolarov

    South Korea

    89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    We almost NEVER win after scoring a lot and winning comfortably recently. Starting from Spalletti's first year, we failed to record a win after: Benevento (twice, 5-2 and 6-2), Shaktar (5-0), Brescia (6-0), Cagliari (4-1), Spal (4-0) Rapid Wien (4-0), Genoa (5-0), Chievo (5-0), Udinese (4-0). That's 10 times we scored 4 or more goals and didn't win the following game.

    In comparison, and again starting from Spalletti's first year, we only won 4 games after scoring 4 or more while winning comfortably: Sampdoria (5-0), Cagliari (4-0), Lecce (4-0), Genoa (4-0).
    Sassuolo (4-3) and Fiorentina (4-3) also come under scoring 4 or more, but I wouldn't exactly call them comfortable wins. Even winning after the Genoa result is a bit sus, considering there was a 2 week break after and the players didn't take that result with them directly into the next game a few days later.

    Something about winning well seems to fuck with these guys. Instead of instilling them with a sense of assurance in the way they play and their abilities, it either puts pressure on them to repeat the result which leads to a worse performance or fills them with overconfidence to the point of not taking the next opponent seriously.

    Of course there's extraneous variables such as the quality of the next opponent, breaks between matches, injuries, suspensions, luck, etc. etc. Doesn't change the fact that it's a weird pattern we've fallen into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    You can take this a step further. After the 7-1 win against Atalanta in 2017, we lost six of the next eight matches and drew the two that we didn't. The 5-0 Chievo win in December 2017 was followed by going 0-6-2 in Serie A, advancing on penalties in a 0-0 game against Pordenone, and then losing to Milan in the Coppa.

    So it's not just the next game after, necessarily. We put some real thumpings on and then completely forget how to win games for months to follow.
    Absolutely disgusting.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  6. #25

    Join Date
    27 May 12
    Posts
    4,996
    Thanked
    3,084 times
    Fav. Player
    000000

    Albania

    Forum Supporter
    Inter might actually win this if Brozo and Kolarshit don't start.
    Last edited by Palacio; 23 Oct 20 at 17:54.

  7. Thanks (1): MVD

  8. #26
    RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jul 18
    Posts
    1,249
    Thanked
    1,895 times

    Italy

    Brozovic needs to sit out a few games. I don't know 100% what happened in the offseason, but he looks a shell of the player he was at the beginning of last season.

  9. Thanks (1): thatdude

  10. #27
    Jane The Virgin's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Aug 10
    Posts
    3,419
    Thanked
    2,844 times
    Fav. Player
    Barella
    Old name
    the dude

    Sweden

    We will probably win this one, the club is happy, draw or lose in CHL, blame "bad luck" and "inexperienced" players in europe. Draw the next serie a match, draw the one after it, win, lose draw, win, draw, win...

    Etc...


    What I'm trying to say is that formation needs to change asap.
    Guacamole

  11. Thanks (1): Palacio

  12. #28
    Marotta FC Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Jun 05
    Posts
    14,111
    Thanked
    15,625 times
    Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

    Brazil

    88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Ok, is Sensi available for this one?
    Dr. Marotta

  13. Thanks (2): Linege, thatdude

  14. #29
    Besnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Mar 09
    Posts
    14,915
    Thanked
    5,866 times
    Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

    Albania

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Ok, is Sensi available for this one?
    Sky predicted that he's gonna be in the bench

  15. #30
    varmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Dec 14
    Posts
    3,440
    Thanked
    3,557 times

    Bulgaria

    Forum Supporter
    I'd like to see Pina instaed of Lukaku for this one. Also let Barella takes some rest.

  16. Thanks (2): ElinaYvo, Linege

  17. #31
    brakbrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Aug 11
    Posts
    1,768
    Thanked
    1,705 times
    Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

    Indonesia

    Are mods trying to save some people from the misery of watching this inter play by fucking up the countdown?

  18. Thanks (1): n4l

  19. #32
    Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Jul 15
    Posts
    812
    Thanked
    444 times
    Fav. Player
    The Phenomenon

    Indonesia

    Handa
    SDV - Rano - Bastoni
    Darmian - Nainggolan - Barella - DDA
    Eriksen
    Sanchez - Lautaro

    Conte needs to stop with the ultra offensive backline. I'm sick of fucking Kolarov at LCB trying to play like he is Lucio. Just defend and score a troll goal, thats all you can do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Handa
    SDV - Rano - Bastoni
    Darmian - Nainggolan - Barella - DDA
    Eriksen
    Sanchez - Lautaro

    Conte needs to stop with the ultra offensive backline. I'm sick of fucking Kolarov at LCB trying to play like he is Lucio. Just defend and score a troll goal, thats all you can do.

  20. #33
    ArmaLetale's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jan 16
    Posts
    363
    Thanked
    331 times
    Old name
    HernanCrespo

    Indonesia

    After winning big, our players then have sex not in an orderly manner and that’s why Conte’s concerned about it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Oh, and that 3rd Sassuolo goal was so insanely predictable. The moment Valero scored and Sassuolo kicked off to restart play, I knew with all my heart that they were going to equalize. I've never been so utterly sure of anything in my life. It felt like I was having a religious experience. It's unnerving how convinced I was they would score.

    But you know the more fucked up thing is that the players knew. Those fucking bitches on the pitch, every single one of them felt the exact same inevitability of the Sassuolo goal. And they just resigned themselves to it. Pathetic.

    These cunts don't need training they need a fucking therapist.

  21. Thanks (3): H_D_Swagger, Linege, n4l

  22. #34
    Il Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Dec 15
    Posts
    10,144
    Thanked
    25,049 times
    Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

    Greece

    Most Improved Member
    Both GdS and Sky predict this:

    INTER (3-4-1-2): Handanovic; D'Ambrosio, De Vrij, Bastoni; Darmian, Barella, Vidal, Perisic; Eriksen; Lukaku, Lautaro

  23. Thanks (4): MVD, Raul Duke, thatdude, Urban

  24. #35
    Strale's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Jan 20
    Posts
    405
    Thanked
    363 times
    Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

    Serbia

    Solid. Only Skriniar and Hakimi missing from my ideal line-up.

  25. Thanks (1): ElinaYvo

  26. #36
    SiamoNoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Jul 12
    Posts
    1,227
    Thanked
    1,279 times
    Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

    Croatia

    It can't be solid when you have inferior opponent and you are playing with both Vidal and Barella.And Barella in role that clearly doesn't suit him.Why he is our player with most touches on the ball?It's ridiculous,he is not a playmaker.Get that shit out of here Cunte you fucking idiot.

  27. Thanks (1): Linege

  28. #37
    Linege's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Sep 12
    Posts
    3,126
    Thanked
    1,736 times
    Fav. Player
    Conte-19

    Russian Federation

    thats why conte wanted to sell skriniar and get kante

    he would play barella-vidal-kante all the time
    Inter Banter era 2011-

  29. #38
    Strale's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Jan 20
    Posts
    405
    Thanked
    363 times
    Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

    Serbia

    I don't see any other setup we can field better than this, without relying on Gagliardini (which won't help) or changing formation (which won't happen).

  30. #39
    Marotta FC Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Jun 05
    Posts
    14,111
    Thanked
    15,625 times
    Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

    Brazil

    88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Sensi over Eriksen would be about ten folds better.
    Dr. Marotta

  31. Thanks (1): Linege

  32. #40
    SiamoNoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Jul 12
    Posts
    1,227
    Thanked
    1,279 times
    Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

    Croatia

    Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    I don't see any other setup we can field better than this, without relying on Gagliardini (which won't help) or changing formation (which won't happen).
    EpicDumbass is still our best midfielder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •