Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter - Parma (31 Oct 20)

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Gazzetta saying Pinamonti could start alongside Lautaro.
    Forza Inter

2. Thanks (1): thatdude

Malta

Yep he’ll be starting, Lukaku our injured

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Well, we're not scoring.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

It's Pinamonti season boys
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Bastoni

Holy See

Or Perisic

Fav. Player
    Barella

Macedonia

Rumour is that we'll see Kolarov as lcb again , because Bastoni will rest for the Madrid game.

Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    Rumour is that we'll see Kolarov as lcb again , because Bastoni will rest for the Madrid game.
    Oh man Gervinho is gonna eat him alive.

Bastoni doesn’t need not to rest.... he had 2 weeks out with COVID.

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    How can we attack if Lukaku isn't there to hold the ball
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

10. Thanks (2): GenDire, Universe

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot View Post
    Pina's hold up play is good for his age, unfortunately, he's average or lacking in just about every other meaningful striker metric.
    I'd actually say it's kind of the opposite.

As I mentioned, last season I unwillingly watched more Genoa than any average man should. My biggest takeaway is that Pinamonti seems to only score the odd "pretty" goal once in a blue moon, but doesn't do anything else. He doesn't win headers, he doesn't engage in much hold up play and gets bullied off the ball easily. His rare goals showcase some excellent technique but for a guy his size, he's physically very poor.

The game simply bypasses him and he gets phased out of the match by defenders too often. I'm aware of course, a large part of this is due to playing for a shit team like Genoa who are rarely in the ascendancy. However, even the likes of Pandev can reliably do so much more with scarce resources. Just look how many fouls Pandev wins and how many plays he makes. (Although Pandev is vastly more experienced of course.)

He can't purely rely on his technique which will grab him the odd screamer from time to time. As shit as someone like Petagna is, he's extremely physical and this alone causes defenders problems and leads to scrappy half chances etc. If Pinamonti is to ever succeed at at mid-to-big club, he needs to ̶e̶x̶p̶o̶s̶e̶ impose himself.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

12. Thanks (3): DARi0, Glass box, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    But genoa were a relegation team. Means next to nothing when service is shit, tactics are shit, teammates are shit. He will do fine with us.

Don't talk about Pandev. That's serie A bias right there. Dives 99.9% of the time and will get the call due to "experience". Pina does that and it's "play on"
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Wearing your mask like that is like wearing a condom on your balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Nah. I watched him get bullied and dispossessed (fairly) by shit defenders over and over again. Sure, he doesn't have Mbappe and Messi to help him out but he's not very good at holding up the ball or at the very least making a nuisance of himself.

Still has a bit of that "kid playing among adults" thing about him, kinda like Esposito and Coutinho, but not as bad.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Nah. I watched him get bullied and dispossessed (fairly) by shit defenders over and over again. Sure, he doesn't have Mbappe and Messi to help him out but he's not very good at holding up the ball or at the very least making a nuisance of himself.

Still has a bit of that "kid playing among adults" thing about him, kinda like Esposito and Coutinho, but not as bad.
    Just think about how our "best player" plays when the ball doesn't come EXACTLY to his feet....shit, exactly to his LEFT FOOT. 1/2m to one side and he can't trap the damn ball

Cut pina some slack and let's see how he would look in a much more defined system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Wearing your mask like that is like wearing a condom on your balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Where is Diego Armando Eriksen?

16. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Linege

Fav. Player
    Barella

Macedonia

As I mentioned, last season I unwillingly watched more Genoa than any average man should. My biggest takeaway is that Pinamonti seems to only score the odd "pretty" goal once in a blue moon, but doesn't do anything else. He doesn't win headers, he doesn't engage in much hold up play and gets bullied off the ball easily. His rare goals showcase some excellent technique but for a guy his size, he's physically very poor.

The game simply bypasses him and he gets phased out of the match by defenders too often. I'm aware of course, a large part of this is due to playing for a shit team like Genoa who are rarely in the ascendancy. However, even the likes of Pandev can reliably do so much more with scarce resources. Just look how many fouls Pandev wins and how many plays he makes. (Although Pandev is vastly more experienced of course.)

He can't purely rely on his technique which will grab him the odd screamer from time to time. As shit as someone like Petagna is, he's extremely physical and this alone causes defenders problems and leads to scrappy half chances etc. If Pinamonti is to ever succeed at at mid-to-big club, he needs to ̶e̶x̶p̶o̶s̶e̶ impose himself.
    Kudos for the analysis. I watched good deal of Genoa games after the break last season because I had time to watch them and really, often somehow there wasn't anything else at the moment to watch.

However, I did not pay too much attention to Pinamonti or anyone else for that matter, was just shocked by how shit actually Genoa were in general and their performance didn't really warrant something to be said about them specifically.

You're a genius for noticing how ONE player from that side really played, since as a collective they were so incredibly shit.

Grande Universe.

18. Thanks (1): Jane The Virgin

Italy

Good to know. You've probably watched him more than I have. I liked what I saw in terms of hold up play from after the restart and in his limited minutes here, but it is a small sample pool.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    The lineup will be the same as usual. Perisic-Lautaro as strikers when Lukaku is out.

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I’m willing to cut Pina some slack. He’s a young guy and he’s at least physically mature and has some top flight experience unlike Esposito who looked hopelessly out of place at such a young age. If it doesn’t work out, Conte can always go 3-5-1-1 with Eriksen behind Lautaro.

Mauritius

How many Parma players are unavailable? I believe they have quite a few out with COVID.

Fav. Player
    Barella
    Old name
    the dude

Sweden

Two experts analysing Pinamonti from the comfort of their home, while scrolling down their instafeed.

I'm glad we have the experts here.

Also watch how Pina gets all the hate while Lautaro who's been shit this entire season gets a pass because he is a good pal of that cuckold they call Messi.
    Guacamole

Ireland

What about Icardi, is he a cuck?

Initially I thought he’s the opposite, but technically he is raising Maxi’s kid...

Fav. Player
    Barella

Macedonia

Many useless unemployable twats in this squad.