Hakimi-Gags-Sensi-Eriksen-Perisic
    Sanchez-Lautaro

2. Thanks (1): Ethor

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    I'd start Kolarov at LCB. Bastoni struggled last game and probably needs a rest.
    Bastoni certainly needs a rest but i don't know if i am ready to watch Kolarov as LCB again after the disasterclass of the first matches. I don't want Kolarov anywhere near the starting lineup but if he has to play i certainly prefer him on the left wing where he is less dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Any GdS/SKY lineup predictions yet? A lot of people, here and and on some social media, myself included, want to see Eriksen, Sensi and Radu get some game time.

I can’t wait to see a starting lineup of Handanovic; Skriniar, de Vrij, Bastoni; Hakimi, Barella, Brozovic, Gagliardini, Young; Lukaku, Lautaro

Wait I thought this was the fiorentina thread need to fucking rotate
    Too early for a prediction. We had a match on Sunday and there was no training yesterday. We will know more during the day and especially tomorrow morning.
    #CONTEOUT

"When I had just become President, I went to Austria for our match. On the stadium billboard it was written: 'Inter Milan'. I went to report to the manager of the opposing team that it was enough to leave Inter. So they canceled Milan "

Massimo Moratti

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Serbia

Third early game in a row?

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Europe

28 Forum Supporter
    Could be a humiliation incoming if we play all these bench eaters.
    I'm sure Fiorentina will play their best line-up possible and their keeper will play the match of his life.

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

94 10 years of FIF
    https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Coppa...30792401.shtml

Radu, Kolarov, Sanchez, and Ranocchia all expected to start

9. Thanks (4): eduzee, Ethor, MVD, Universe

Europe

I would start Radu - this guy need a chance. Tired of Handanovich looking the ball

11. Thanks (2): eduzee, Universe

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member 10 years of FIF
    Expecting Vidal or Barella to play another 90 minutes and then Conte to complain about them being tired after the Juve game.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

Fav. Player
    Sanchez

Europe

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    What’s with all the early games??

Some of us are working!!....thankfully.....means I don’t get to watch us getting Eliminated.

14. Thanks (2): H_D_Swagger, Nothing

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    What’s with all the early games??

Some of us are working!!....thankfully.....means I don’t get to watch us getting Eliminated.
    What's with all the lousy match threads?

If I wanted to find out when an Inter game starts I always checked the first post of a match thread. Now I have to look on sites like www.inter.it.

16. Thanks (1): H_D_Swagger

Federated States of Micronesia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergpavian View Post
    What's with all the lousy match threads?

If I wanted to find out when an Inter game starts I always checked the first post of a match thread. Now I have to look on sites like www.inter.it.
    You can install the FotMob app on your cellphone and turn on Inter's notifications to remind you about the game time, line-ups and all the other aspects of the game.
    Massimo Moratti: "It's better to be multi-ethnic than buying matches."

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Sky says we're seeing:

Handanovic
    Skriniar-Rano-Kolarov
    Young-Vidal-Eriksen-Sensi-Perisic
    Sanchez-Lautaro

I meaaan...I'm looking forward to seeing what Eriksen can do there and it'd be nice for Sensi to start a game, but that backline is a horror show. We do need to rotate, so it is what it is.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

19. Thanks (1): Universe

Malta

Gags for Vidal surely

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Eriksen will play in front of the defense...

Conte on Eriksen in November:
    - Crede che in futuro Eriksen possa giocare da play basso alla Pirlo?
    - No, credo di no. La miglior dote di Christian è il calcio verso la porta con entrambi i piedi, se lo abbassi gliela togli e rischi di snaturarlo. Questo è il mio giudizio tecnico, da allenatore, e credo che il giudizio dell’allenatore sia più importante di quello dato da chi se lo immagina diversamente”.

Journalist: Do you believe that in the future Eriksen could play deep like Pirlo?
    Antonio Conte: No, I do not believe so. The best thing about Eriksen is that he can shoot at goal with both feet (), if you take that away you are risking of distorting him. This is my technical opinion, as his coach and I believe that the coach's judgment is far more important than those who imagine different things.

Conte on Eriksen in January:
    <<Abbiamo avuto tempo per lavorare con lui su una nuova posizione da playmaker, da regista al posto di Brozovic. Mi aspetto grandi risposte da lui in questa posizione.>>

We had time to work with him in a new playmaking position, the position that Brozovic occupies. I am expecting great response from him in that position.

Not sure if he's trolling us or if he's trying to pretend he's not stubborn
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

22. Thanks (1): Batman

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It's a win-win for Conte regardless. If Eriksen impresses then it's all good, Conte gets the credit for unlocking him... and if Eriksen fails, then Conte gets the heat off his back because he gave Eriksen a shot and he wasted it.

24. Thanks (3): Batman, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Romelu Lukaku

Belgium

Best Forum Newcomer Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Eriksen will play in front of the defense...

Conte on Eriksen in November:
    - Crede che in futuro Eriksen possa giocare da play basso alla Pirlo?
    - No, credo di no. La miglior dote di Christian è il calcio verso la porta con entrambi i piedi, se lo abbassi gliela togli e rischi di snaturarlo. Questo è il mio giudizio tecnico, da allenatore, e credo che il giudizio dell’allenatore sia più importante di quello dato da chi se lo immagina diversamente”.

Journalist: Do you believe that in the future Eriksen could play deep like Pirlo?
    Antonio Conte: No, I do not believe so. The best thing about Eriksen is that he can shoot at goal with both feet (), if you take that away you are risking of distorting him. This is my technical opinion, as his coach and I believe that the coach's judgment is far more important than those who imagine different things.

Conte on Eriksen in January:
    <<Abbiamo avuto tempo per lavorare con lui su una nuova posizione da playmaker, da regista al posto di Brozovic. Mi aspetto grandi risposte da lui in questa posizione.>>

We had time to work with him in a new playmaking position, the position that Brozovic occupies. I am expecting great response from him in that position.

I'm sure he still thinks it's a waste of his offensive qualities (and it is). But it's probably the position Eriksen can perform best in our set-up. The less the direct pressure around him and the more space he can operate from, the better. We'll see, I don't expect him to suddenly start benching Brozovic and staying anyway .

The only other player we'd probably play in that spot (that isn't passe-partout Barella) is Sensi, and he's playing as well. I wouldn't put too much though into it. Doubt it will be something consistent.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Capello and some other coaches said the same thing let him play ala pirlo style, he can play that position and put vidal and sensi on sides
    Armend Shaini
    Black and Blue, I live for you
    Black and Blue, I'd die for you
    If you only knew, what i'd do for you
    Black and Blue, I Love You...................Te Amo Inter♥

Inter For Life

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by armendsh View Post
    Capello and some other coaches said the same thing let him play ala pirlo style, he can play that position and put vidal and sensi on sides
    As did Cassano, which Conte did not take well I've always thought Eriksen and Brozo get in each other's way, it's a shame I'll only be able to watch this in snippets at work as I'm really interested to see how this goes.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    It's a win-win for Conte regardless. If Eriksen impresses then it's all good, Conte gets the credit for unlocking him... and if Eriksen fails, then Conte gets the heat off his back because he gave Eriksen a shot and he wasted it.
    Yep, exactly this. After all this time you start him but you play him as DM
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

29. Thanks (2): ADRossi, bubba zanetti

Fav. Player
    Lukaku

Ireland

I don't see how this going to work, and I expect it won't, but it sure will be curious to see.

31. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    There's no fucking way it'll work in any illuminating manner. That is to say, I'll eat my fucking hat if at the end of the game, our response is "wow, Eriksen at DM, what a revelation! This is the start of something special."

He'll sit a bit deeper, make tons of short passes to the shitters in his immediate vicinity and maybe attempt some long balls or forward passes if the opportunity arises. Defensively, he has always covered a ton of ground, but it's generally very light lateral screening. He won't be making any Brozovic-like sliding tackles and he's hardly a defensive lynchpin so I hope we can defend better as a unit for a change.

Ironically, the one time he gets to play in a distributor role, the one guy who can really benefit in Hakimi, is not even playing
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯